Protest on Wednesday at ground

Getting fed up of people saying “let’s Chuck the elephants in the don” what they are really saying is “ I want someone else to throw em in the don” also 20/30 people standing outside the ground screaming Chansiri out will have as much effect as king Canut trying to hold back the tide. Only thing that would have any chance of success is a mass boycott when we are allowed back in the ground 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Give Mr Chansiri what he has given us.

IE nothing.............

No season tickets to be bought

Stop paying for I Follow games

Don't spend a penny on club merchandising

The supporters money doesn't make any difference to him anyway, so he says..

The only way this works is if we do it and we also make it very public.

Be very calm and non abusive, but stress that we're doing it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T Hardy said:

Plane with a banner isn’t actually that expensive, is it? Would happily help crowdfund it. 

Plane with a banner is so 1980's and World of Sport.

Seriously would anyone take any notice of that these days.

Much better to do something dramatic like 1st match back everyone meets and stays in Hillsborough Park when the match starts any singing or chanting would be heard in the ground.

Something like that would get more publicity in the local papers and local radio not too mention Sky and BT sports and probably national papers too and also wouldn't cost anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

This was AC Milan last week outside the ground. Just for perspective. 

This. We’re so British sit and just moan about things. I’d get in my car now and drive down for this if this was even tonight. Good point about Covid and press tho...... Bugger.

Reading these posts on here, there is obviously some understandable frustration. The way I see it is this. Ignore my username for now, I live here and most of my footballing friends are Wednesday fans so If I'm not talking Brentford I'm talking about you lot. Theres 2 types of fans. Plastic glory hunting ones like liverbile whinging how they wont win the league this year or fans like us who are stuck with their team for life. Its not right what's going on at your club but I wont get sidetracked by going into that.

Everyone has different ideas and here's mine. There's protests outside, no I follow etc, but remember the time you played Glasgow Rangers and gave them the north stand? It can be done. Yeah ok it was a friendly, but why not 1st game back rather than just not attending give your tickets to the away team? Youd have to all stay together on it so it doesnt end up a riot, but everyone will be chomping at the bit to get back to watching football so you know the away team will bring as many as they can. Obviously not against a local rival, but say the first game is against Sunderland, Portsmouth, theyd fill the place, or whoever aslong as you can stand them. I think that would send a clear message and deffo make the news, "home team forfeits tickets to away side in protest". I wish you all the best for the rest of the season

• Thanks 4

Would it be hard to organise a load of massive banners saying Dc out and hang them allover the outside of Hillsborough. One night and make sure it's all over sky sports the pres and social media as they love this sort of thing, before they can be taken down. 

Especially sky sports which being watched worldwide would be seen by DC's family friends colleges and peers that take interest in English football. 

Just now, Brentford_Al said:

Reading these posts on here, there is obviously some understandable frustration. The way I see it is this. Ignore my username for now, I live here and most of my footballing friends are Wednesday fans so If I'm not talking Brentford I'm talking about you lot. Theres 2 types of fans. Plastic glory hunting ones like liverbile whinging how they wont win the league this year or fans like us who are stuck with their team for life. Its not right what's going on at your club but I wont get sidetracked by going into that.

Everyone has different ideas and here's mine. There's protests outside, no I follow etc, but remember the time you played Glasgow Rangers and gave them the north stand? It can be done. Yeah ok it was a friendly, but why not 1st game back rather than just not attending give your tickets to the away team? Youd have to all stay together on it so it doesnt end up a riot, but everyone will be chomping at the bit to get back to watching football so you know the away team will bring as many as they can. Obviously not against a local rival, but say the first game is against Sunderland, Portsmouth, theyd fill the place, or whoever aslong as you can stand them. I think that would send a clear message and deffo make the news, "home team forfeits tickets to away side in protest". I wish you all the best for the rest of the season

you got the address of  asunderland fan i can send my  season ticket too ?

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, Marpals said:

Plane with a banner is so 1980's and World of Sport.

Seriously would anyone take any notice of that these days.

Much better to do something dramatic like 1st match back everyone meets and stays in Hillsborough Park when the match starts any singing or chanting would be heard in the ground.

Something like that would get more publicity in the local papers and local radio not too mention Sky and BT sports and probably national papers too and also wouldn't cost anything.

If you put a slightly racist message on the banner then sky sports news would mention it every 30 mins on a loop for about a month 

A protest at the moment would probably do more harm than good.

Can see the headline now. Owls Fans Ignore Covid Restrictions. The Star would be all over it.

No point making the fan base look like f*cking idiots.

The summer might well be the best time, I don't see how one now would stop the inevitable to be honest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Lets give them elephants a little swim in the river.

The elephants going for a swim is probably what would attract the most media attention.

Protesting during lockdown would attract negative media coverage, but the sight of those pachyderms in the river just about sums the lot up.

How the fans feel about such tat, about Chansiri, and his running of the club, about the way he's plastered himself all over the stadium, and about the state of the club.

Drowning, literally and figuratively.

A picture's worth a thousand words.