Protest on Wednesday at ground

Guest T Hardy
Just now, striker said:

If it's going to be done, do it properly. Boycot the first game back after covid, for those who want to attend gather in the car park to make some noise. 

The second bit might be a bit pointless as Chansiri will still be in hiding, but the lack of ticket revenue will get his attention.

Was different at Arsenal, but their owner only started listening when fans stopped showing up

2 minutes ago, striker said:

If it's going to be done, do it properly. Boycot the first game back after covid, for those who want to attend gather in the car park to make some noise. 

The second bit might be a bit pointless as Chansiri will still be in hiding, but the lack of ticket revenue will get his attention.

It would be very effective if fans turned up to the first game but didn't go in. Chanting outside the ground loudly but peaceably or just standing  still and having a minutes silence for the death of our hopes. It needs to be something different that the media can latch on to.

• Like 3

Anyone reckon we could get a proper legal petition for an investigation into financial irregularities agents paxo etc going to the FA, or the  media. 

Personally I'm sure there's something far more "fishy" going on at our club and the ammount of involvement/influence paxo has here other than simply Dc being incompetent. 

It may lead us into further problems, and more hot water though the reality of Dc still being in charge looks to be heading us that way anyhow, but with covid direct protests and venting of frustration won't work, especially since Dc seems to have fled into hiding and is sat no doubt in a corner with his eyes shut and fingers in his ears. 

Just a thought, and I'm sure theres someone more in the know on these things and legality. 

12 minutes ago, T Hardy said:

Plane with a banner isn’t actually that expensive, is it? Would happily help crowdfund it. 

About £500 I think mate.

Wouldn't even need Chansiri to be there as a long with say a protest outside the ground on the opening day in L1, it’d at least get plenty of media coverage.

Will make no difference to these players so pointless, Chansiri isn't going anywhere & doesn't give a t*ss what the paying punter thinks. You will still see smiley happy faces in the training pics like they don't have a care in the world. Their faces should be a picture of misery now. Need a new manager who can give them a rollicking. 

Edited by Colinwestzicoest
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Timing is everything in life.

We should spend the next few months getting organised, thinking about how to make ourselves heard, working with the trust, owlstalk, Wednesday week etc to give it as much momentum as possible.

Better to do it once and do it properly without Covid risk.

This.

If we protest during lockdown it’ll be the wrong headlines. Breaking lockdown rules and social distancing won’t be a good look.

Lets get organised. Crowdfund for a Chansiri out banner in the meantime, and hope one of the local journos at the match get a picture of it.

• Like 2

I remember taking a Richards Out flag to Derby away in 1999 and he was gone within 3 months. 

Got some right abuse from someone dressed as Napoleon but fortunately there was a stairwell between me and the emperor. 

Also remember a heated debate on the bus back to the station between 2 chaps discussing if throwing away a 2 goal lead in injury time was the players fault or Wilson fault. The debate was concluded with the offer of "let's settle it off the bus with our fists" being politely declined. 

On a serious note if we want Chansiri ASAP then something needs to happen on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
36 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

With the COVID restrictions now is not the time.

We do as a fan base need to do something though when we are able to and I don’t just mean a handful of people under the South Stand after a match.

As a fan base we have been far far too passive in the past, no way would the pig fans or Leeds fans put up with the crap Chansiri is doing to the club if this were happening at their clubs.

It needs to be properly organised. Possibly a mass boycott of the opening match of the season, a series of projectors around the ground (like Leeds did) or a plane with a banner for example.

If fans don’t force the change, I can’t see there being one. It’s just so frustrating that the pandemic is stopping us letting Chansiri know exactly what we think of him.

Exactly.. it will just bring more negative press given the pandemic so nows not the time. 

First game of next season when fans are allowed back, nobody go. That should be pretty easy to arrange because nobody actually wants to go anymore and we’ll be in League 1. It will send a message if the attendance is under 10k