If you're still supporting Chansiri

Guest Grandad

I support Sheffield Wednesday. I have never supported chairman from Stephen's to present incuntbent .

It made me feel sick when people where singing Manderic's name and putting poster round the stadium. Look who he he sold to !!

Stop being sycophantic to owners and recognise its the team we follow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cain said:

Can there actually be anything worse?.....and if there is, I’m sure Chansiri will find it and take us there lol

Erik Alonso might have been worse and a fair few got behind him just because he said a few nice things about the club and the fans on Twitter! 

Perhaps more worrying was the fact that Chansiri had actually taken advice from this guy in the first place. 

We are in the relegation zone because of the 6 point deduction for financial mismanagement

We will struggle to get out of the relegation zone because of the poor state of the squad caused by the financial mismanagement

We look disorganised and tactically lacking because the owner has failed to appoint a manager in the last two months.

If he is continuing to pay the bills and keep the club running then fair enough but he has to accept that we are where we are due to the way he has run the club and the responsibility ultimately rests with him. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He could have been absolutely amazing and incredible too

It's unknown

Its just another mistake by Chansiri, inviting someone in as an 'advisor' - someone with no football background at all and a sketchy sporting pedigree to say the least. 

Guest Hornsby

Blimey. Researching TUG before buying some shares, based on leverage Irish racing mob got when they bought Man U shares and binned Fergie

Never seen a worst company report than Greenpeace about Chansiri family firm.

Catalogues human rights abuses, frightening fishing practices and inhuman labour practices.

No way will words work with this unsavoury lot.

Edited by Hornsby

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Blimey. Researching TUG before buying some shares, based on leverage Irish racing mob got when they bought Man U shares and binned Fergie

Never seen a worst company report than Greenpeace about Chansiri family firm.

Catalogues human rights abuses, frightening fishing practices and inhuman labour practices.

No way will words work with this unsavoury lot.

Aye, I bet Greenpeace don't make a mention of the lengths and investments T.U.G. have made in cleaning up their supply chains? Asking Greenpeace to make a fair, objective report about a company in the fishery sector is like asking the most hate filled Blunts fan to make an objective assessment of anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest LondonOwl313
6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Other clubs are being bought, sold and taken over

2) The club won't be sold for £300m - you just made that figure up

Two things need to happen though because it can’t be sorted out without money, it’s just not possible. 

Let’s assume Chansiri is out of cash which looks quite likely. The first thing that needs to happen is he would need to decide to cut his losses and sell. Probably for about £30m if we’re a championship club and about half that if we’re in League 1, looking at what Ipswich have just gone for. That means him deciding to write off a huge amount of money, not an easy decision to make by any means.

Next thing is you need someone to come in who can pay the £30m (or £15m) and also afford to commit to funding losses for 5-10 years. Even if you want something to be more sustainable like a Brentford it still requires investment initially before you can sell players and stuff, takes time. So buying us is pretty much a £100m commitment even if we don’t go crazy with the spending like was the case over the last 5 years.

So the only way things change is for both of those conditions to be met. And both don’t seem particularly likely. Either that or he finds more money to improve things himself, but that seems unlikely otherwise he’d have done it.

Best way to speed up the decision from Chansiri’s end is for him to see that the fans aren’t committing financially anymore as that would cost him even more to run it. So people need to stop going when we’re allowed back.. it’s ok saying I support the club and not the chairman but they’re one and the same right now. People are too addicted to watching the games and stuff.. need to find something else to do until such a time we can get behind the club again. Moaning and still paying him the money is the worst idea because it’s facilitating him.

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Two things need to happen though because it can’t be sorted out without money, it’s just not possible. 

Let’s assume Chansiri is out of cash which looks quite likely. The first thing that needs to happen is he would need to decide to cut his losses and sell. Probably for about £30m if we’re a championship club and about half that if we’re in League 1, looking at what Ipswich have just gone for. That means him deciding to write off a huge amount of money, not an easy decision to make by any means.

Next thing is you need someone to come in who can pay the £30m (or £15m) and also afford to commit to funding losses for 5-10 years. Even if you want something to be more sustainable like a Brentford it still requires investment initially before you can sell players and stuff, takes time. So buying us is pretty much a £100m commitment even if we don’t go crazy with the spending like was the case over the last 5 years.

So the only way things change is for both of those conditions to be met. And both don’t seem particularly likely. Either that or he finds more money to improve things himself, but that seems unlikely otherwise he’d have done it.

Best way to speed up the decision from Chansiri’s end is for him to see that the fans aren’t committing financially anymore as that would cost him even more to run it. So people need to stop going when we’re allowed back.. it’s ok saying I support the club and not the chairman but they’re one and the same right now. People are too addicted to watching the games and stuff.. need to find something else to do until such a time we can get behind the club again. Moaning and still paying him the money is the worst idea because it’s facilitating him.

Agree with this.

DC leaving is going to be a long drawn out process. And even if he does decide to sell, he will still be involved as he owns the ground.

Ive said it numerous times, but it’s going to get horribly messy. Have you ever been to a fans forum or listened to one of his rants during a media briefing? The bloke is very hard to reason with. And given our history of selling players, he is a stubborn and unrealistic negotiator. Examples - reporting Newcastle to the Premier League because Bruce left. Turning down numerous bids for our players. Taking absolutely ages to sack Carlos, Monk and Jos. Doing all our transfer business at the last minute. 

He doesn’t operate in normal business parameters in my opinion. The idea he’s just going to cut his losses and leave is completely unrealistic in my view. I can see him doing the absolute bare minimum and watch us rot - the wheels for that have already started I think.

What can we do? Protest. It’s all we can do. Keep applying the pressure. What it will achieve? Very little but we’ve can’t lose the passion we have for our history and what Wednesday means to our family.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I can see him doing the absolute bare minimum and watch us rot - the wheels for that have already started I think.

I agree with most you say, but this bit has never added up - yes, he can do the bare minimum but he will still lose circa £5m/season in L1.

So this continues for say 3 yrs and he's down £15m - this just get added to his overall debt, which he wants back.

He'll never get it back so why not just cut your loses now and save the £15m.I'm no accountant but SWFC doesn't strike me a tax-efficient vehicle. This is his families' inheritance he's wasting - why would you carry on, particularly when you are only willing to invest the bare minimum which won't get you back in the championship.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I agree with most you say, but this bit has never added up - yes, he can do the bare minimum but he will still lose circa £5m/season in L1.

So this continues for say 3 yrs and he's down £15m - this just get added to his overall debt, which he wants back.

He'll never get it back so why not just cut your loses now and save the £15m.I'm no accountant but SWFC doesn't strike me a tax-efficient vehicle. This is his families' inheritance he's wasting - why would you carry on, particularly when you are only willing to invest the bare minimum which won't get you back in the championship.

The wage budget will be dramatically reduced next season. Might save him a lot of money and help him a bit with the losses he’s currently making? 

I think he carries on because it’s the way he is. Won’t want to be seen as a failure. He doesn’t strike me as someone who will just release control and pack up.

I can’t figure the man out from a business point of view. I was about to say I don’t think he’s driven by money given the fact he rarely sells players and let’s players run down their contracts meaning they go for nothing. But on the one hand he’s increased the prices of pretty much every aspect of the club since he’s been here. So I’m not too sure what his motivation or the end game really is. 

Not sure he knows himself. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The wage budget will be dramatically reduced next season. Might save him a lot of money and help him a bit with the losses he’s currently making? 

I think he carries on because it’s the way he is. Won’t want to be seen as a failure. He doesn’t strike me as someone who will just release control and pack up.

I can’t figure the man out from a business point of view. I was about to say I don’t think he’s driven by money given the fact he rarely sells players and let’s players run down their contracts meaning they go for nothing. But on the one hand he’s increased the prices of pretty much every aspect of the club since he’s been here. So I’m not too sure what his motivation or the end game really is. 

Not sure he knows himself. 

What is the wage ceiling in League One, £1.5M? If we have 15,000 season ticket holders in at £450 per season, that is £6.75M. Quite a bit of room to make a bit of profit there.

Trouble is the club are owned by an egomaniac who thought he had a quick route to the PL and it's riches. Sadly he is too arrogant, stupid, misled, lacking to football insight etc etc to change.

He comes from a culture where he is basically above the law and criticism from the underlings, in this case round eyed Westerners who blindly follow SWFC. It is actually illegal to be critical of the Thai Royal family. We are talking about a culture still wallowing in the set of the King and I. He clearly feels that fans aka customers should probably bow to the South Stand when he waddles up to his throne, oh seat.

The way he has devastated this club in the last 5 years is unreal. He makes Vincent Tan at Cardiff seem almost a calm normal owner. 

Dave Allen with his little man syndrome was never this bad and the club wasn't in this sort of financial stew, which probably will get much worse.

Chansiri clearly come across as someone you'd trust about as much as Michael Gove.  The accounts dept I understand were moved to Thailand, where he'd get away with so much more in his homeland as nobody would dig deep into it. The season ticket scenario is nothing short of a fraudulent act. The fakle companies such as Elev8 and D Taxis are straight out of something Trump would come up with. Selling the ground to a company that hadn't even been formed at the time then sticking in another years accounts is beyond belief .............................and yet it is always someone else's fault.

He won't answer questions about any of this as clearly anything thrown at time in the way of investigative journalism is deemed as a personal attack and disrespectful of who he is.

He is even more deluded than any Bond villain we have seen or probably will see. Fiction couldn't write him...sadly life has

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Trouble is the club are owned by an egomaniac who thought he had a quick route to the PL and it's riches. Sadly he is too arrogant, stupid, misled, lacking to football insight etc etc to change.

He comes from a culture where he is basically above the law and criticism from the underlings, in this case round eyed Westerners who blindly follow SWFC. It is actually illegal to be critical of the Thai Royal family. We are talking about a culture still wallowing in the set of the King and I. He clearly feels that fans aka customers should probably bow to the South Stand when he waddles up to his throne, oh seat.

The way he has devastated this club in the last 5 years is unreal. He makes Vincent Tan at Cardiff seem almost a calm normal owner. 

Dave Allen with his little man syndrome was never this bad and the club wasn't in this sort of financial stew, which probably will get much worse.

Chansiri clearly come across as someone you'd trust about as much as Michael Gove.  The accounts dept I understand were moved to Thailand, where he'd get away with so much more in his homeland as nobody would dig deep into it. The season ticket scenario is nothing short of a fraudulent act. The fakle companies such as Elev8 and D Taxis are straight out of something Trump would come up with. Selling the ground to a company that hadn't even been formed at the time then sticking in another years accounts is beyond belief .............................and yet it is always someone else's fault.

He won't answer questions about any of this as clearly anything thrown at time in the way of investigative journalism is deemed as a personal attack and disrespectful of who he is.

He is even more deluded than any Bond villain we have seen or probably will see. Fiction couldn't write him...sadly life has

People always bang on about the Thai culture thing.

Leicester’s owners are Thai and they’ve been the complete opposite. DC’s mate who owned Reading for a bit didn’t blaze his name across the shirts or stadium or put elephants outside the ground did he? They even admitted they were struggling to finance the club and got out and sold on before it got worse: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-takeover-expensive-run-12874831 that’s being pretty honest and admitting failure? Hardly saving face is it.

So I just don’t buy this Thai culture thing. I just think it’s the way DC is and his character. 

What a load of rubbish. In a similar vein how about anyone who does what a complete stranger posts on a fans forum just because of an opinion they have about the Wednesday chairman needs more help than cancelling his internet banking.

Fact is regardless of your opinion on how well DC is chairing the club until a genuine, wealthy  and credible alternative is even remotely a possibility comments like these are absolutely no help at all. Also because no alternative is possible atm these type of comments are  becoming harmful to the club. 

If we had something to gain or we are trying to get a viable alternative into the hotseat at swfc then that would be different. BUT WE DONT.

The only viable current alternative to ousting DC is administration, no ground and possible extinction if no chairman can be found to save the club. Given the current position of swfc and lack of any real income due to covid restrictions and the debt we would be saddled with no rich person in their right mind would buy swfc.

I no doubt that people posting similar posts on DC have the best interests at heart for the club. Unfortunately your intentions are severely misguided. 

This type of thing is only feeding the flames of the toxic atmosphere at swfc. I cant see why anyone could fail to realise what posts like this are doing to create a divide even bigger between fans and the club, the chair and the club and just between the fans in general.

I think a more intelligent and mature post regarding DC atm should read. 

"Please can all the fans who feel that removing DC from chairman is the remedy to the clubs currently problems spend their time finding a suitable replacement who has more experience and knowledge than our current chairman and has the money, time and interest in running a football club. If this person exists then please disclose the identity so a proper plan can be put in place for the fans to instal said person as Chairman. Until this person is found please keep your comments to yourself unless they are in anyway shape or form a help to our club and current predicament."

AS THESE POSTS ARE NOT !!

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

It still boils down to breaking points Watto....Ive watched 'em since 1963....Went through the 70's, the missed opprtunities of '93, good times...god wful times....I still go, and will continue to...Theres thousands like me.

Its not the football is it?..or not JUST the football.

Its got sod all to do with what any other club has won in the last who gives a flyer amount of years...You put yer Owls scarf on as a kid...and its yoked to you for the rest of your life .

Sure the choice is packing it in...You do that when you reach yer breaking point....

Well said, but what worries me is loads of die hard fans I know have lost interest.

Maybe when we get back to 'normal' it might change but if not that means even fewer fans.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People always bang on about the Thai culture thing.

Leicester’s owners are Thai and they’ve been the complete opposite. DC’s mate who owned Reading for a bit didn’t blaze his name across the shirts or stadium or put elephants outside the ground did he? They even admitted they were struggling to finance the club and got out and sold on before it got worse: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-takeover-expensive-run-12874831 that’s being pretty honest and admitting failure? Hardly saving face is it.

So I just don’t buy this Thai culture thing. I just think it’s the way DC is and his character. 

I suppose it depends which Thai you get...Same as some poor f.ooker living in Thailand supporting a club run by Jacob rees Mogg....

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

What is the wage ceiling in League One, £1.5M? If we have 15,000 season ticket holders in at £450 per season, that is £6.75M. Quite a bit of room to make a bit of profit there.

SWFC will not be profitable for a very long time. Trying to get someone to own a business that is a near cert to never earn money only attracts a certain type of person. Probably very similar to the chair we currently got.

25 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I think the wage cap has been binned, for now. I raised this a while back in another thread and did some digging and think it's shelved for the time being

Why are some people convinced DC is a megalomaniac. Whats wrong with sponsoring the club if nobody else is interested. Its a way of getting money in the club. I could understand if a lack of financing the club was happening but its not.

How about believing DC when he says that the managers / coaches have had the freedom to sign and sell players who they wanted. He has been severely let down by these people.

I believe DC has been very naive in some of his decisions running the club. His lack of knowledge has been taken advantage of by numerous people. What I dont agree with is he has purposely put us in this position. I also believe he is willing to stick this out and turn around our situation without bailing out back to Thailand and leaving us in a worst position. Unless he is forced to do so.

I dont know and i doubt any other fans know exactly what the implications of DC leaving now really is. Until we do know accurately what would happen we should be very careful what we wish far as putting the club in an even worse situation is the last thing any of us really want.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Why are some people convinced DC is a megalomaniac. Whats wrong with sponsoring the club if nobody else is interested. Its a way of getting money in the club. I could understand if a lack of financing the club was happening but its not.

How about believing DC when he says that the managers / coaches have had the freedom to sign and sell players who they wanted. He has been severely let down by these people.

I believe DC has been very naive in some of his decisions running the club. His lack of knowledge has been taken advantage of by numerous people. What I dont agree with is he has purposely put us in this position. I also believe he is willing to stick this out and turn around our situation without bailing out back to Thailand and leaving us in a worst position. Unless he is forced to do so.

I dont know and i doubt any other fans know exactly what the implications of DC leaving now really is. Until we do know accurately what would happen we should be very careful what we wish far as putting the club in an even worse situation is the last thing any of us really want.

Whats Piaxo doing there if thats the case?