ATTEND.....

Attend and howl out yer anger in the direction it should be howled.......

Owt else is insipid tat...Half full stadium of "Ho hum" crap....

First game back...fill it up and howl the f.ookers out of this club....forget the game!

• Like 1

If,- after the past week, there is no public statement from Chansiri, then for me, it will clearly demonstrate that he has absolutely no intention of taking any remedial action to address our standing in the league.  I don't blame Thompson, as he was just given a poisoned chalice, but todays capitulation was typical of so many over the last 2 seasons in particular.  Yet another club, whose bad run of results comes to an end against Wednesday.  If it was the subject of a football novel, - people would say it's too far fetched!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Those of us who are old enough to remember the days when you could get a cushion to sit on in the North and South stands wish we still had them. I recall showers of cushions flying onto the pitch in protest back in the 70's when we were nearly as poo as we are today

I remember taking one to the back of the head as a kid on the North. I used to go and stand pitchside and some nobber didn’t throw it hard enough to get to the pitch! I remember the sight of my dad chasing this bloke down the stand to kick his teeth in (rather than seeing if I was Ok) but then the stewards got him and stopped my dad from smacking the bloke! Happy days. 
My dad claims to be a pacifist. 

• Haha 2

There’s zero chance of me driving up from South Wales with my boys under this current regime; I’ll just pay for iFollow until things change.

I’ll save a small fortune on season tickets and travelling costs etc..

1 hour ago, Nilssons Shorts said:

In all seriousness, what happens in the not too distant future when fans are allowed back in grounds?

is it possibly going to be one of the toxic atmospheres at hillsborough ever? Or should we act by simply not turning up?

I know chansiri won’t be there but it would be a strong message to send out for the ground to be empty when fans are allowed back. 

I know people will say that they will support team whatever but something drastic needs to be done 

Agree. I understand some will want to go but, just the first game back would send a message.

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I remember taking one to the back of the head as a kid on the North. I used to go and stand pitchside and some nobber didn’t throw it hard enough to get to the pitch! I remember the sight of my dad chasing this bloke down the stand to kick his teeth in (rather than seeing if I was Ok) but then the stewards got him and stopped my dad from smacking the bloke! Happy days. 
My dad claims to be a pacifist. 

It was just one of those sights 40 odd years ago watching grown men lobbing cushions onto the pitch at the players. But no doubt Chansiri would have his bloody name on them and charge £20 each game for one. I really do hate this bloke and what he is doing to the club without even seeming bothered.

Next season it will be the customers fault for not backing his masterplan, Conference Champions 2056-57

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Don’t we talk some poo when we lose ?

How did you feel when we were 2-0 up today ?

Even when we’re relegated, the minute we start winning a few matches, we’ll all be there loving it .

That’s what we do. 
That’s what all fans do

Yes, I’m as peed off as we all are tonight but I’ve seen it before.
A lot of us have and we all know the faintest hint of success and we’ll be there like a shot 

Of course I was happy at two up. It's the manner by which we capitulated again. We capitulate when the opposition are there for the taking. We capitulate when we're a goal ahead. We capitulate when we're two goals ahead. I think we'd likely still have lost if we'd been four up today.

I don't mind losing if they've left everything on the pitch and have just been outplayed by a better team. We don't see that though do we?

I'm not a glory seeker. I know wins are not guaranteed. I've supported Wednesday for enough decades to know they have more ups and downs than the rollercoaster at Blackpool. Doesn't this feel different for you though?. The soul has been ripped out of this club and the fans are being taken for granted as a cash cow.

Bottom line though for me, as a "customer", which is all we're seen as now, it's become about value for money in the product/event on offer. The economic proposition is no longer viable. Slash the prices by at least 40% then I'll consider stomaching watching that crap for 90 minutes.

I'll always be Wednesday, but I'm prepared to register my protest by staying away next season until DC learns or leaves.

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I thought I was past the point of caring any more, that I was watching games out of morbid curiosity to see how bad we could get.  Turns out I was wrong, I’m gutted tonight, absolutely fuming.  As many have said, I can cope with League 1, been there before and it wasn’t that bad.  What really gets me is the way all pride and spirit is being slowly eroded, it’s not the sort of club I feel inclined to support any more but it’s to late for that, I have no choice.

Is that because we played a league one side really. If we’d have given up a 2-0 lead away against Norwich, would it feel the same 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Is that because we played a league one side really. If we’d have given up a 2-0 lead away against Norwich, would it feel the same 

Yes, Luton were poor - after giving up the lead and losing at Norwich I was disappointed but thought we played pretty well and that we would kick on from there.  Forget about the opposition though, today was just total surrender after a first half that was as good as I’ve seen us play all season.  That and the fact that 3 points just might have turned our season around have left me feeling totally disenchanted.  

Telling people not to attend games as some sort of protest will simply not work

Calling names of those who will continue to attend is divisive, and that’s the last thing we need 

Fans will continue to attend because it’s what they want to do.

Fans want to meet their mates for a few drinks and go and watch a game of football 

Fans will attend because they’ve already paid for their season tickets so it’s pretty pointless chucking that money away 

Fans will attend because it’s their hobby and it’s what they enjoy 

Fans will attend for many reasons

If others want to stay away in their own protest or because they don’t want to spend another penny on the club, again that is their prerogative.

Doesn’t make anyone a ‘happy clapper’ or a ‘true fan’ or any other label you want to Chuck around

Thing is, that first game after lockdown should be remembered for all the right reasons. 

I've been away from it for too long, the feeling of being in the stands. 

I think I'd struggle to stay away. 

always think nobbers  when i hear arsenal fans  bemoaning they have missed out  on the champions league  and think you want to try 20 years  in the championship with a few in league 1 thrown in ....... i wonder if port vale , notts county  or stockport fans think the same about us . 

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

Now that my 25+ year 487 consecutive home league game attendance record has ended due to Covid, it'd be so much easier to make a decision not to go now.

But I'm daft enough to keep going, to try and get something out of my £550 L1 (or L2) season ticket. 

Well they've saved you getting to 488 and being disappointed once again if you look on the bright side

I support the name of the club, the shirt, the badge. I religiously attend where they play. Players, managers and owners come and go. I’ve outlasted them all since I first attended in 1977 and will continue to do so. There are thousands like me. It sets us apart as being a big club and makes us an attractive proposition for the likes of Mandaric and even Chansiri. 

11 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Yes, Luton were poor - after giving up the lead and losing at Norwich I was disappointed but thought we played pretty well and that we would kick on from there.  Forget about the opposition though, today was just total surrender after a first half that was as good as I’ve seen us play all season.  That and the fact that 3 points just might have turned our season around have left me feeling totally disenchanted.  

It’s the Wednesday way..unfortunately 

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fans would turn up in total silence

They'd sit there in total silence

They  might argue amongst themselves and a bloke might smack another bloke in the stands

Then everyone would leave in total silence

Just like normal match days then!