What would you do?

39 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Assuming NT stays in charge, what would you advise him to do now to try to get us enough points to stay up?

I'm at a loss.

There is not much you can do with a very limited squad.  IMO I would have given Rhodes a run of 10 games rather than bench him.  

Bottom line is that the squad is unbalanced, mentally weak and to cut to the chase NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  Mathematically we can still avoid the drop but I don’t think we have enough quality to survive.  Would love to be proved wrong.

5 minutes ago, Marro said:

There is not much you can do with a very limited squad.  IMO I would have given Rhodes a run of 10 games rather than bench him.  

Bottom line is that the squad is unbalanced, mentally weak and to cut to the chase NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  Mathematically we can still avoid the drop but I don’t think we have enough quality to survive.  Would love to be proved wrong.

In those circumstances, you need a manager not a coach. NT should tell DC straight. 

Guest whowantstoberich
12 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

Hire Cook.

If he won’t come, hire a manager that knows league one on the basis that he gets to rebuild. 😞

Yes i am sure he would jump at the chance of adding 2 relegations in a row to his CV

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, victorturner said:

In those circumstances, you need a manager not a coach. NT should tell DC straight. 

I bet he’s not even got DC’s number

I’ve lost the will to think “how could we improve” now. We play well first half then capitulate in the second. It feels just like the season we went down to league one in the early 2000s when we had Quinn, Holt, Westwood, Sibon, etc in the side. So few of those pricks gave a shit and it’s the same now.

Sleepwalking to relegation.

There are maybe three players that actually care. The rest are just waiting to run out their deals or force a move elsewhere in the summer. 

Thompson has done far more than could be expected but the fact we haven’t installed a full time manager is utterly unacceptable. Unless we get a proper manager in place it is over. I’m not a huge Cook fan (I think Lowe is a better long term option) but if he wants it then give it him and do it immediately.

The only thing we have left is to TRY and get the best from our game changers Brown, Rhodes, Reach, Windass and reluctantly Bannan. 

If I’m NT I’m getting those 5 in a room and saying look, i don’t care what you do after this season but you are our best attacking players. Your all playing every minute of every game we have left...now tell me how to get the best from you as a collective.