There’s only one thing worth discussing

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

It needs to be coordinated and well publicised so that the whole of the football world can see what a shambles the bloke has made of our club.

This is what I’m talking about.

SallyCinnamon says we’re too apathetic as a fan base and I agree. And I’ll be honest I’m definitely part of that problem myself. Maybe it’s because we’re the more classy club in Sheffield. 

If people really care, really want to ensure there’s still a Sheffield Wednesday for years to come and really want to start enjoying their Saturday afternoons again then an organised co-ordinated effort is needed. One that has to acknowledge it’ll have to be done remotely for the time being.

Social media can have a massive impact,  and doesn’t care whether you’re in Thailand or Tinsley. Emails too, letters, online petitions... but it has to be well targeted, not random abuse.

Talk to fans of other clubs who’ve done similar, understand what worked for them and what didn’t, look at case studies of online campaigns and see what they did. 

There’s a lot that can be done, if people are inclined. 

Yes it’s a risky strategy. DC holds most of the cards and appears to be, shall we say, somewhat emotionally immature at times. It wouldn’t be a shock if he set fire to the house on his way out. But what is the alternative - leave things to continue on the current path? In my opinion there’s only one way that’s going to lead .

Only thing I can’t agree with about that OP is the phrase “alleged control freak”.

That “alleged” got put to bed a while ago. It was highlighted as the one major concern near enough from day one, and even before things went sour, and has been cemented over the years by various decisions. 

This is Chansiri FC. Sheffield Wednesday might as well have ceased the minute that owl statue got handed over by Milan.

1 minute ago, paulrs said:

This is what I’m talking about.

SallyCinnamon says we’re too apathetic as a fan base and I agree. And I’ll be honest I’m definitely part of that problem myself. Maybe it’s because we’re the more classy club in Sheffield. 

If people really care, really want to ensure there’s still a Sheffield Wednesday for years to come and really want to start enjoying their Saturday afternoons again then an organised co-ordinated effort is needed. One that has to acknowledge it’ll have to be done remotely for the time being.

Social media can have a massive impact,  and doesn’t care whether you’re in Thailand or Tinsley. Emails too, letters, online petitions... but it has to be well targeted, not random abuse.

Talk to fans of other clubs who’ve done similar, understand what worked for them and what didn’t, look at case studies of online campaigns and see what they did. 

There’s a lot that can be done, if people are inclined. 

Yes it’s a risky strategy. DC holds most of the cards and appears to be, shall we say, somewhat emotionally immature at times. It wouldn’t be a shock if he set fire to the house on his way out. But what is the alternative - leave things to continue on the current path? In my opinion there’s only one way that’s going to lead .

Totally agree with this.  Let’s find out what worked for others and co-ordinate some action.  Please let’s not be abusive.  Simply pointing out his ineptitude and immaturity to his peers in a social media campaign would be a great start.  We can’t influence what they do on the pitch but there’s a lot we can do to push this man out.  

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

The greatest chairman ever, wouldn't think he's a know it all, take control of recruitment and listen to one man for four years, when it's been four years of decline!

The greatest chairman ever would put people who know how to run a football club run the club.

The greatest chairman ever wouldn't think the sun shines out of Piaxo backside!

The greatest chairman ever wouldn't have signed these players.

if the greatest chairman ever took over the club now- we would still be rubbish