Jump to content

There’s only one thing worth discussing


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, paulrs said:

There’s no point debating today’s performance.
 

There’s no point debating Thompson’s team selections

 

Theres no point debating whether the players are good enough

 

There’s no point debating the tactics. 
 

The culture of any organisation is set at the top.
The strategy is defined at the top.

The big decisions are made at the top. 

 

Chansiri is the man at the top, an alleged control freak at that, so the buck for all of this stops with him.

 

The poor recruitment, the head coach out of his depth, the squad that mostly know theyll be playing elsewhere next season, the lack of any consistent style or brand name of football from one season to the next... it’s all ultimately down to Chansiri and he has failed spectacularly. He needs to hand over control, and preferably ownership, or the club we all love is in danger of dying. I genuinely believe that. 

 

So the only thing worth discussing is what can we do about it? 

Good post.

Says it all really.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Completely agree

 

Although it’s becoming just as frustrating us lot talking about it every day on here, feel bloody powerless 

 

Seriously, what can we do to change this??? I’ll do anything 

AFC Wednesday

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Said it in a few threads but today's performance was the least of my worries. I genuinely fear that we won't have a club within 5 years, probably more like 3. DC will hold on until there is nothing left then walk away back to his life and family money. He is incapable of listening to anyone who knows what they are doing. The fact that he has followed advice over and over that has led us to this point shows me that he cannot or will not listen to anyone other tham paxo or whatever his name is. Their names will be forever remembered as the 2 who killed Sheffield Wednesday football club. 

Agree completely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So...this goes one of 3 ways.

 

1 - Chansiri somehow has a road to Damascus moment and decides to change the structure of the club, bin Paxo, step back from the day to day running and appoint competent people who know how to run a sizeable football club. 

 

2 - Sell the club at a huge personal loss to persons as yet unknown.

 

3 - Call it a day and liquidate the club whilst retaining ownership of Hillsborough.

 

1 would be the best but most unlikely option at this point. I can think of one previous example of this, that bring the Venkys at Blackburn. That was an absolute circus for the first few years but has finally settled down now into something resembling a well run club.

 

2 is the next most favourable, but something of a lottery in terms of who he sells to.

 

3 is something we have to be careful of inciting whilst trying to bring about 2. If life is made too difficult for Chansiri we run the risk of him effectively saying sod this I'm off but I'll burn it to the ground on the way out.

 

Hopefully 1 or 2  but 3 really is a huge concern.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Needed to appoint a manager who understands struggle (Cook) and to bring in a decent attacking midfielder and striker in the window.

 

Did neither and we will pay for it.

 

L1 is a league where you need bottle and character - we have neither so I fully expect a struggle next year too as we have a bunch of rabbits in headlights.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is we are far too apathetic as a fanbase.

 

And there’s really not a lot we can do during national lockdown.

 

Perfect for DC really. Fans unable to protest and no fans in the ground to show their frustration. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, flo said:

I honestly don't think it's as bad as everyone is making out. 

Why do you say that?  The positives please? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

So...this goes one of 3 ways.

 

1 - Chansiri somehow has a road to Damascus moment and decides to change the structure of the club, bin Paxo, step back from the day to day running and appoint competent people who know how to run a sizeable football club. 

 

2 - Sell the club at a huge personal loss to persons as yet unknown.

 

3 - Call it a day and liquidate the club whilst retaining ownership of Hillsborough.

 

1 would be the best but most unlikely option at this point. I can think of one previous example of this, that bring the Venkys at Blackburn. That was an absolute circus for the first few years but has finally settled down now into something resembling a well run club.

 

2 is the next most favourable, but something of a lottery in terms of who he sells to.

 

3 is something we have to be careful of inciting whilst trying to bring about 2. If life is made too difficult for Chansiri we run the risk of him effectively saying sod this I'm off but I'll burn it to the ground on the way out.

 

Hopefully 1 or 2  but 3 really is a huge concern.

 

 

 


The wheels for option 3 are already in motion in my opinion. Securing the ground has put DC in a good position for when it goes belly up. The cynic in me believes that was part of his plan when poo does hit the fan. 
 

DC comes across incredibly stubborn and he won’t leave without a struggle. I’m sure of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

players play crap because they're rubbish not cos of Chansiri

 

Chansiri's fault is that these are the players we have

 

If we had the greatest chairman ever these players would still be rubbish 

Well said Gollum 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The problem is we are far too apathetic as a fanbase.

 

And there’s really not a lot we can do during national lockdown.

 

Perfect for DC really. Fans unable to protest and no fans in the ground to show their frustration. 

 

I don’t think fans protesting or showing their frustration in the ground really makes a difference to DC, it’s not like he’s going to see/hear any of it from Bangkok

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The problem is we are far too apathetic as a fanbase.

 

And there’s really not a lot we can do during national lockdown.

 

Perfect for DC really. Fans unable to protest and no fans in the ground to show their frustration. 


Agree with every word of this. 
 

We need to find a way to be heard. This relegation will hit hard and will hurt the club for the next generation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

players play crap because they're rubbish not cos of Chansiri

 

Chansiri's fault is that these are the players we have

 

If we had the greatest chairman ever these players would still be rubbish 

 

his fault we don't have a manager who could at least try and get the best out of them

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miffed said:


Agree with every word of this. 
 

We need to find a way to be heard. This relegation will hit hard and will hurt the club for the next generation. 


That’s why I wasn’t completely opposed to the contacting TUF idea. DC can just put his fingers in his ears and pretend it’s all fine while back home in Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


The wheels for option 3 are already in motion in my opinion. Securing the ground has put DC in a good position for when it goes belly up. The cynic in me believes that was part of his plan when poo does hit the fan. 
 

DC comes across incredibly stubborn and he won’t leave without a struggle. I’m sure of it.

And he holds all the cards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OwlerIT said:

PAXO out

 

Yes, exactly.

 

He's the one who's "advised" Chansiri how to spend his money.

 

All Chan the Man was ever any good for was providing the money, and that's all.

 

He needed someone to run the club, and a manager who could choose which players to recruit.

 

Paxo is the one IMO who can take the lion's share of the blame.

 

 

Channers and Paxo.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very simple..Every organisation needs leadership , structure, a strategy, a plan, culture and values... this organisation has none, so will fail and continue to fail until it changes or dies. 
I can’t see a change coming anytime soon.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

players play crap because they're rubbish not cos of Chansiri

 

Chansiri's fault is that these are the players we have

 

If we had the greatest chairman ever these players would still be rubbish 

The greatest chairman ever, wouldn't think he's a know it all, take control of recruitment and listen to one man for four years, when it's been four years of decline!

 

The greatest chairman ever would put people who know how to run a football club run the club.

 

The greatest chairman ever wouldn't think the sun shines out of Piaxo backside!

 

The greatest chairman ever wouldn't have signed these players.

Edited by jonnyowl
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...