Beyond being ashamed

And that fckin useless, spineless, **** keeps out of the way, letting others take the flak for his complete inability to run a football club loved by its fans in a professional way.

There’s only so long you can continue biting your tongue.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

I want to know if anyone supporters will want to go back after this shambles ...there will be some but christ how much pain do they want ....I've got my refund and my 2 fingers flies high at chansiri ...whilst ever he is there I'm not.

Club is fooked and no one seems to be able to do anything 

Agree mate is he really going to have the nerve to put on the early bird season ticket offers because I love that club always will but I will not go anywhere near while he owns the club. 

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Seriously, even in the 70's, I was never actually ashamed by Wednesday, never actually embarrassed 

I am now at the stage where I don't even want to talk about the club, bar with other Owls fans.

That , today, was a Wednesday fans recent bloody life in a nutshell

Hope, followed by acceptance, followed by the grinding, heart wrenching crap Chansiri has brought to this club.

His name all over the ground, f.ookin' companies that don't bloody exist, and now a team that turns up as often as a bloody D-Taxi

Its beyond a joke

Take your money Chansiri, take the ground Chansiri, and I hope you take your "advisors" with you....See if they know as little of Tuna as they do of football.

I look forward to the empty sodding boats trawlin into Phuket..

Phuket?...thats how I feel at the minute

What a bloody abysmal club we have become

Absolutely bang on. I will happily talk Wednesday on here.

But when my mates bring it up I’m not proud to talk about Wednesday and I simply don’t want to waste my time talking to other about what’s going on at the club. It embarrasses me

1 minute ago, Skiptonowl said:

Even the official website is poo . I am ashamed to be a supporter. My question is what team will we have in League 1. Poor old Bannan with a new contract?

E58A4270-B35B-4102-8686-2A77F25F0A55.png

The Green'un would be proud of that...

"A workmanlike Sheffield Wednesday side were fought to a creditable draw after taking the lead at Kenilworth road"

Result

Luton 3 Sheff Wed 2

• Haha 1

I don't live in Sheffield, so I  get asked sometimes who I support.

My answer these days is,

"Oh dont get me wrong I like football but I don't support any particular team".

Its a  shame when you are ashamed of owning up to supporting Wednesday. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How is a club the size of Wednesday gonna go into league one for the 3rd time in less than 20 years. 

Each time characterised by abject failure by those running the club, poor managerial appointments, players overpaid and not giving a jot. 

Our size of support and prior status in the history of the game count for nothing and rightly so. 

Just now, daleblue said:

I don't live in Sheffield, so I  get asked sometimes who I support.

My answer these days is,

"Oh dont get me wrong I like football but I don't support any particular team".

Its a  shame when you are ashamed of owning up to supporting Wednesday. 

I'd never go that far.........

26 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Again we lose to a team that I’d guess earns half of what our mob do. We need to clear the old guard out and have fresh team in on a wage structure that encourages performance. 

Clear the old guard out!!!! We've just signed two of the fekers back up. Mind boggling 

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Derick Mills said:

How can it be really first half every player brill second half every player crap. At what point does the wimp button kick in 

I think most of our players are Championship standard. Some would absolutely be regulars for relegation battlers sure, but some would be welcomed in a lot of squads in this league.

I know Thompson isn't a tactical genius so that won't help, but I've also seen enough to know that a lot of our players aren't capable of anything more nuanced. Probably been coached out of them by the League Two tactics of every manager we've had since Bruce tbf, but still.

We're not just mentally weak in that regard either, as a group we are mentally fragile. Heck, mentally broken really. This group lost successive play-offs... that needs a huge rejuvenation of the playing squad to lose that collective fragility that would have gathered. Instead they were left to fester on a downward trajectory. You could see that fragility the minute we had something to hold on to in the second half. All it took was one really cheap corner and goal, and our heads dropped immediately. You could see the collective lack of belief in our ability to hold on to the lead.

The shared atmosphere at the club is a poison that will touch any player that joins us until wholesale changes are made. Unfortunately with the contract situation in summer, we can't raise funds from that clear-out, nor even choose the cream of this wilted crop to start the much needed rebuild around.

We are in dire, dire straits.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ashamed, angry, embarrassed, feel like crying. That’s how this club is making me feel. Football should be an escape from the crapness of day to day struggles, this club just make things worse. 

This 100%

First time ever that I chose not to watch today...regretted it at half time but then reality set in

We're down and I'm so sick of seeing these spineless wasters..bannan included...embarrassing beyond belief

DC has never run anything - nothing in his 52 years. Reliant on a family hand out from their wealth.

Why are surprised he's messed us up.

I'm just worried what his next few steps are over the next year or so. It could get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, STEELWORKER said:

Clear the old guard out!!!! We've just signed two of the fekers back up. Mind boggling 

Yep, and our Fanbase rejoiced! That’s the problem. It’s easy blaming a know nothing chairman that has no idea about football but three quarters of our fanbase think Bannan controlling the game as he grows older and older is a great signing! He’s a legend/hero here? For what? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

We are so far behind any other club in the top end of the Championship, nevermind the Premier League. Zero structure to the club, zero planning, zero creativity. 

Even if we got to the Premier League what would happen? Be in a relegation battle for every year we're in. United are in a much better place than us and get beat every week. 

Football gives me very little pleasure now. I enjoy the community around the club, like this forum, but we get a bit of excitement with Hirst and Shaw coming through the academy and even that's snuffed out instantly. 

More into NFL & NBA nowadays, and feel far more excited by teams thousands of miles away than I do with my club just down the road. Just so apathetic. 

The fact that there's not even a chance that some local lad will come good and make it into our first team without getting frozen out and given away for a pittance takes away pretty much the last link between the club and the fans.

Football is dead.

• Like 1