Alan Biggs calls (again) for Chansiri to change his ways

2 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Looking forward to League One football next season.

The chance of DC reading this and acting on it are somewhere between zero and nil.

Why doesn't Biggs ask some pertinent question like who is actually advising DC ( you know who I  mean )  and his actual role  on a day to day basis at Hillsborough.

Along with how much he is taking out of the club for wages and bonuses. And who is in charge of transfers and connected to agents. Those are the real questions that need to be asked.

L

You say DC wont read the article and then you say Alan Biggs should ask DC very pertinent questions . How can Alan  Biggs ask these questions    when DC wont read the article let alone give interviews .and answer questions. DC wont answer to anyone.

15 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

L

You say DC wont read the article and then you say Alan Biggs should ask DC very pertinent questions . How can Alan  Biggs ask these questions    when DC wont read the article let alone give interviews .and answer questions. DC wont answer to anyone.

Head nail hit  ! 

2 hours ago, wmb said:

It's really not rocket science is it. Sure there is an element of luck to any decisions and appointments etc but we really shouldn't be in this mess. Communication and structure is key. 

Some general rules i'd advise/follow if in his position.

1. Appoint a CEO to run the club whilst your away.
  2. If you want an head coach to purely coach then appoint a DOF/Tech director. If you do then ensure they are compatible witheach other.
  3. If you want a manager employ one and give them full control over who comes and goes.
  4. Give appointed DOF/Manager/Head coach a mandate and make clear your expectations and targets to hit over multiple years (Make them reasonable).
  5. Agree a budget and stick to it.
  6. Don't get tied in to contracts with advisors.
  7. Set a fee that you would accept for your current players. Agree with DOF/Manager. Leave room for the value to fluctuate.
  8. Get players signed to contracts early.
  9. Sign your youth prospects up. If not look to move them on in good time.
  10. Average ticket prices out to match the rest of the league that you are playing in. They don't have to be the cheapest. Move prices up and down season by season dependant on your reasonable targets for the upcoming season.
  11. Communicate with your fans. If you aren't comfortable and are concerned about words being taken in the wrong way due to English not being your first language then appoint someone to do this for you. See point 1!
  12. Clearly set out your vision for the club to the fans, media and anyone else who gives a throw. Be honest, if the club needs to consolidate and rebuild explain this. it will save a lot of grief for you further down the line.
  13. Stay within the rules of the governing body.
  14. Be open to help from genuine football people.
  15. Don't crap on the values and traditions of the club you are responsible for.

"but besides all this, do you have any practical advice?" 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

L

DC will read the article.....Probably won't answer it though.

For all our listing on here...ONE decent sized newspaper, or Sports radio show would do far more.

A Newspaper that doesn't give a flyer what Chansiri thinks about it, cos it would have little or no effect.

Blackburn with the Venkys changed because of constant articles and reports...Charlton, Blackpool et al...It got national, it wasn't some parochial spat, where one had to scratch the others back to keep the cart on the wheels.

I would love someone like Simon Jordan to get his teeth into it...He seems to have a soft spot for us...and unlike his co presenters on Talksport , actually knows what he's talking about...He come across as a bit "Poacher turned gamekeeper"..but thats not a problem

So here in Australia the AFL (Australian rules) each of the 18 clubs - pre covid - employed up to 5/6 coaches.

They have the Head Coach -  defensive coach - midfield coach - forward coach - tactical coach. They have a few other minor coaches as well.

On top of that they have a List Manager who's sole job is to evaluate the 42 players in the squad/list. The List Manager is in charge of the contracts and keeping it under the salary cap. Come seasons end the List Manager in consultation with Head Coach decides who gets a new contract and who gets delisted - the final say is his decision not head coach. Working under the List Manager is Head of Recruiting who's job is drafting/analysing players from other clubs to recruit. The recruiting team will have a number of staff in that department who will go too as many games around the country as possible. Most of it is under 18's football. They must give a presentation daily of players they have identified - strengths / weaknesses etc.

The head coach will meet with the list manager and head of recruiting probably once a week or more depending on circumstances. The head coach is free to give an opinion on player retention and recruitment but in the end he does not have the final say. The head coach is there to coach the players that have been assembled for him. 

Come seasons end the AFL has a trade period ( so like transfer window). Players move from club to club. Head coach is involved but only as a mouth piece for potential players coming to said club. The List Manager has final say with recruitment.

Then Draft period which head coach has next to no say in as they haven't been following the under age comps and its sole responsibility of recruitment.

In essence the AFL has followed the US sports model but its very professional.  The Head Coach is allowed an opinion on recruitment but that is all. He is allowed to concentrate entirely on the job of being head coach and getting results. If recruitment is poor and results are in turn poor often recruitment is moved on with the coach. 

It's a buy in and if you have  a good system and good people in the right roles - results will take care of themselves and players will want to be at the club. 

I understand operating a club like Sheff Wed is a lot different and circumstances are not the same but I think we can all agree the club would have next to no plan on many of these issues. There  would be agents who see our club as an easy lynching. We need better structures from top to bottom and try to operate as a big club should.

• Love 1

It's almost as if Biggs doesn't know that DC believes he's done a good job.......

I'd go a step further to say that a couple of our local "jorno's" could be doing a lot better in terms of asking pertinent questions of the owner, of course he won't answer them but the pressure needs ramping up on the objective journalism front.......

Edited by Morepork

5 hours ago, Morepork said:

It's almost as if Biggs doesn't know that DC believes he's done a good job.......

I'd go a step further to say that a couple of our local "jorno's" could be doing a lot better in terms of asking pertinent questions of the owner, of course he won't answer them but the pressure needs ramping up on the objective journalism front.......

The local journalists are never going to ask questions that puts club access at risk. It more than they're jobs are worth 

It needs a big national fan journalist like Nancy Frostick to go in hard

16 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

The local journalists are never going to ask questions that puts club access at risk. It more than they're jobs are worth 

I tend disagree, it's their job, if they lose the respect of fan readership then their job is worthless at that point anyway. Although I accept they probably feel the need to show more patience. Dom has already sold his soul to DC, I expect nothing from him in that regard. Biggs seems to be getting more outspoken. Frostick certainly has the platform at the Athletic, she could certainly light a match under it. 

Guest Bulgaria
27 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

If somebody went in hard on me with a frosty stick they would get all the answers.

19 minutes ago, Hodgyowl said:

Dc,s method of running the club have small bald headed man in a orange dress splash god knows what around the ground probably wilders p*ss and trust in the lucky elephants, all will be well we have our lucky elephants ffs. 

CCtdP-CUUAEwiob.jpg

download.jpeg

What a foókin farce

• Thanks 1

I don't know how you can really argue what Biggs is saying. It echoes my thoughts for about 4 years that we needed a co-ordinated plan. That we have successfully shown that in football money cannot buy you success.

I know a few on here would like DC to leave. That is alright if you can guarantee who steps into those shoes is better. You can't. The grass is not necessarily greener. Indeed those who want to protest to force the issue enhance that risk.

I would much prefer DC to grasp the concept of delegation and better advisors, to understand what makes football work in the UK rather than complain that his approach doesn't. 

38 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I tend disagree, it's their job, if they lose the respect of fan readership then their job is worthless at that point anyway. Although I accept they probably feel the need to show more patience. Dom has already sold his soul to DC, I expect nothing from him in that regard. Biggs seems to be getting more outspoken. Frostick certainly has the platform at the Athletic, she could certainly light a match under it. 

What do you disagree with? The local rags never ever rock the boat

Plus the Star isn't writing about the club for the fans like us who go online and read all and sundry about what's happening, it's writing for the fan who has a casual interest who couldn't care less what DC is up to. Look at whenever a Star story is posted on here, you just get pages and pages of the same people moaning it's stuff we already know about

Dom is the only one with any real access to DC so he's not going to rock the boat.

It's going to take someone with no local club access and a national platform, and even then, the vast majority don't give a throw about us anymore, we've been gone too long

The Venkys got vilified as they were a Premier league side at the time, Charlton because they're a London club with a recent Premier League history, Bolton too.

Nationally all Bury got was, awww thats a shame and then quickly moved on, Macclesfield will too if it happens to them

21 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Looking forward to League One football next season.

The chance of DC reading this and acting on it are somewhere between zero and nil.

Why doesn't Biggs ask some pertinent question like who is actually advising DC ( you know who I  mean )  and his actual role  on a day to day basis at Hillsborough.

Along with how much he is taking out of the club for wages and bonuses. And who is in charge of transfers and connected to agents. Those are the real questions that need to be asked.

Investigative journalism requires courage, persistence, tenacity and aggression.

Don't expect any from Piggsy.

You ask Chansiri difficult questions, and if he refuses you an audience in the future then you tell your mates in the national media and they wade in on him.

Get the wrong side of those boys and you're done, as Channers would soon find out.