We would be in this mess right now if we had stuck with...

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Your not comparing like with like(situationally) & its the players reaction to crowds,not GM....but thats fine,ime not going to convince you,and you likewise me....its all hypothetical we will never know

The players have not had any reaction from any crowds this season under any manager - that situation is exactly like for like.

Please tell me in what way the situation of managing Sheffield Wednesday is easier and better for Neil Thompson in the past two months than it was for Garry Monk between September and November this season. 

54 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s on a point per game for them.. and I’ve got no idea what their fans expect really. Top 14 sides all have better players than Newcastle so they’re about where you’d expect.

Its like they’re the Wednesday of the Prem.. dodgy owner, high expectations, not enough investment in playing staff, matter of time before they have a bad season and drop again

I think Newcastle will go down this season. Fulham seem to have more about them & will catch up soon, they’re only 3 points behind.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The players have not had any reaction from any crowds this season under any manager - that situation is exactly like for like.

Please tell me in what way the situation of managing Sheffield Wednesday is easier and better for Neil Thompson in the past two months than it was for Garry Monk between September and November this season. 

I have done previously,& as i  said to you,this thread asked a different Q ,which i have answered.You dont agree fine, you are prematurely asking me to compare Thompson record,with GM in a hypothetical situation which we will never get the answer to..(could/would Monk have been able to keep us in the Championship) 

Guest LondonOwl313
12 minutes ago, parajack said:

I have done previously,& as i  said to you,this thread asked a different Q ,which i have answered.You dont agree fine, you are prematurely asking me to compare Thompson record,with GM in a hypothetical situation which we will never get the answer to..(could/would Monk have been able to keep us in the Championship) 

We already know that Monk was unlikely to keep us up.. we saw from December until November what the record was so there wasn’t much of a debate to be had. He was getting less than a point per game in 2020 so had to go.. Thompson is on 1.5 points per game because we’ve at least won some games

13 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We already know that Monk was unlikely to keep us up.. we saw from December until November what the record was so there wasn’t much of a debate to be had. He was getting less than a point per game in 2020 so had to go.. Thompson is on 1.5 points per game because we’ve at least won some games

We know nothing of the sort,these comparisons are meaningless......so are the comparisons with Thompson.....we have no idea what GM may have been able to do moving forward,its pure speculation....

His freezing out of bad eggs and consistantly playing weaker players cos of his own personal gripes means I feel we'd be worse off, and if not worse, definitely not better!

He should've gone before pre season and a new man in with fresh ideas Instead of letting Monk bring in his own staff just to sack him anyway. 

Guest LondonOwl313
22 minutes ago, parajack said:

We know nothing of the sort,these comparisons are meaningless......so are the comparisons with Thompson.....we have no idea what GM may have been able to do moving forward,its pure speculation....

Well how long did you want to give him.. I can’t believe there are people who want to give him more time when he won only 7 games out of 35 since Boxing Day!

Guest Bulgaria

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

However Monk was Shiite.

He had his chance, it was awful.

And those pinning for Stuart Gray.... It was also awful.

I pay to be entertained. 

2 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Well how long did you want to give him.. I can’t believe there are people who want to give him more time when he won only 7 games out of 35 since Boxing Day!

There were multiple alleged  issues at the Club,some of which have come out subsequently,which i believe were not Monks doing,& a lot of those stats were when Gm was working with one hand tied behind his back,with no back room staff...

It made no sense to get rid of him,when we did,having stuck with him for so long,on the back of 2 decent results,& reducing the points deduction

If we had kept him(say for the duration of TP time) a little longer,and results had turned,it might have turned our season around.

if it didnt than we could have got rid,and been no worse off than now...

am I right in understanding that regardless of who the manager/coach is they have little or no say in signings, they are left to work with players signed by other parties at the club? So whether we had stuck with Monk doesn't matter. Any manager would struggle when you sign a shower of poo like we have