We would be in this mess right now if we had stuck with...

We are in a right mess anyway.

There are loads of things you can point to that have affected the situation we are in. They all are probably contributing factors. There's one over arching problem that created or influenced all the others.

DC.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Manwë said:

No.  We'd be slightly better off in my opinion.  Not much, but a little and that's all we need.

I think we can now fully understand a lot more about Monk's time here, recruitment and who we let go, and why.  Monk did well with what he was given.  

It was criminal that he finally got his coaching staff at Wednesday one year too late, and then they were promptly sacked because there wasn't immediate success.  It's like we enjoy throwing money away.

Wont be accepted mate,but i have always thought Monk could have dug us out this Season....

• Like 2

Think we would have a slightly better chance at the moment if we had stuck by Monk.
We might have been able to bring a loan player or two in the January transfer window with the money it cost to pay Monk off and all his backroom staff plus Pulis and all his backroom staff.

If we didn't get rid of Monk end of last season we should have given him all this season if we allowed him to sign up the backroom staff he wanted.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, parajack said:

Wont be accepted mate,but i have always thought Monk could have dug us out this Season....

12 points from 11 games under Monk he started the season with a fresh start and his own handpicked staff.

22 points from 20 games since then, having been under a disastrous Pulis spell and now under an academy coach with no experience. 

We don't need Monk back, we need a manager who knows what he is doing and will try to win some games with round pegs in round holes rather than constantly playing not to lose. 

39 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

12 points from 11 games under Monk he started the season with a fresh start and his own handpicked staff.

22 points from 20 games since then, having been under a disastrous Pulis spell and now under an academy coach with no experience. 

We don't need Monk back, we need a manager who knows what he is doing and will try to win some games with round pegs in round holes rather than constantly playing not to lose. 

Like i said,we know what went before,and some of the alleged reasons why have come out since....no one is saying bring him back..only that we may well have been in a better position had we stuck with him...and not brought in TP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Like i said,we know what went before,and some of the alleged reasons why have come out since....no one is saying bring him back..only that we may well have been in a better position had we stuck with him...and not brought in TP

An academy coach who has never managed at this level, who got the job at short notice, has got a better record than Monk this season and Monk had the pre-season to prepare and his own choice of staff. Just because Pulis turned out to be a shocker doesn't mean it would have been right to stick with Monk. 

42 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

One of the many reasons that we are in the position we are in is that DC didnt bin off Monk at the end of last season. Instead he backed him and spent precious time and resource installing his team of staff.

Another wrong call from our esteemed owner.

He should have gone after the Brentford debacle, which was when the travelling fans really turned on him, we could have had a fresh face for the restarted season, maybe even accrued enough points to have had the points deduction harmlessly applied last season (as long as it wasn't Pulis we got back then!). Covid kept him in the job for an extra costly 8 months.

• Like 1

I did wonder to myself the other day what would have happened if Monk had stayed. Probably nothing great because at the end of the day the players aren’t good enough to see things go much better. 
We would have probably got more points than under Pulis and less than under Thompson’s initial ‘bounce’ leaving us where we are now. 
He certainly wouldn’t have brought Westwood back or re signed Hutchinson that’s for sure!

• Like 1