Neil Thompson on the state of play and if we can avoid relegation

57 minutes ago, striker said:

No Neil. I'll accept the pisss poor squad and injuries, but I'm not having those performances had any element of fight to them. 

Come on, your letting yourself down with that statement.

I also agree with Striker Neil, our current squad are void of movement that would make us an attacking force to be wary about. Barry, bless him runs about a lot and gives his all but I wish I had a pound for every shot that ends in the stand or every corner he takes when our opposition have defenders that tower over our attackers. What’s the point other than to say we didn’t make the best of our opportunities.

Unfortunately playing the way we are right now I can’t see us winning many games before the end of the season and we all know that will commit us to L1 which is probably no more than what we deserve. 

I’m 75% certain we are going down. 
We had a simple effective formula. Play with width, stick crosses in. Then we stopped doing it. 
The formula won’t win every game but if we played like it every game, week in week out we’d have a chance. 
It wouldn’t matter if teams knew that’s what we were doing because the only way to defend against it is to double up on the wingers which leaves gaps elsewhere. 
I honestly can forgive relegation. Our squad is really poor. But let’s at least go out fighting!

• Like 3

Its hard to believe the fight is there as others have said as soon as we go a goal down the towels chucked in, its been this way for a while sadly now. 

Watched the leicester game against slavia prague last night and the difference from our lot was stark. Long after the game had gone from them leicester players were still smashing into 7ft czech blokes. We go one down to the likes of brentford and we are done.

54 minutes ago, sternlad said:

I’ll probably nip down to Itchycoo Park and play with my Little Tin Soldier...that way I Don’t Need No Doctor.😉

I've got a feeling 'It's Too Late'.  'Get Yourself Together' man, and let's play some of the young 'uns that way we can 'Grow Your Own'.  You Better Believe It 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

The intensity we play at is dreadful it's so easy for the opposition they can play in second gear and have no problems

watch Jones on the line tomorrow - he will move more than some of ours.

Just by chance I saw the crewe highlights the other night, and thought 'Christ look at the movement , agression, speed of runs'.

Don't expect ANYTHING easier next year if we're down.

25 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

watch Jones on the line tomorrow - he will move more than some of ours.

Just by chance I saw the crewe highlights the other night, and thought 'Christ look at the movement , agression, speed of runs'.

Don't expect ANYTHING easier next year if we're down.

I agree needs needs a complete revamp we need players who can run and play at a decent tempo for 90 plus minutes

• Like 1

For me you’ve got to separate effort and heart/fight. 

You can’t accuse the players of a lack of effort, they all put the effort in.

Fight/heart on the other hand is invisible. Apart from Hutch, Patterson and Westy we’ve got a team full of shithouses. It’s been that way for years and no matter who we sign improves this. The mentality of the players is ******** weak too, concede a goal or a decision goes against us and you can see the players heads literally drop. 

4 hours ago, sternlad said:

I’m going to spend a Lazy Sunday bathing in the Afterglow of another pasting at the hands of the Mighty Luton Town. FFS

Don't Burst My Bubble!!  I'm hoping it's a case of Wham Bam Thank You Mam. If not I think I'll be Up The Wooden HillasTO Bedfordshire!!

39 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

You can’t accuse the players of a lack of effort, they all put the effort in.

But they really don’t 

A few do, but I’m seeing an emerging pattern with the same players who don’t 

Edited by FreshOwl

4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

The ‘you’ve seen a lot of fight’ comment is complete garbage, and quite frankly insulting to anyone with a working pair of eyes 

fully agree with you. Stoke, Birmingham and Brentford games we showed so little fight it was scary. Looks like the players couldn’t care less, was topped off with the lack of reaction to that tackle on FDB, any other club would have gone mad, surrounding the ref and sticking up for one of our own players. Not our bunch of jokers though. 

• Thanks 1