Jump to content

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru - OUT for 4 to 6 weeks


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s a blow for us. 
 

Personally think Dele should be starting. He might be inexperienced but he’s got all the qualities we lack in midfield. Strength, can drive forward, decent footballer.

 

 

I think he has potential but just shows a lack of confidence and indecsion at times.

 

But thats natural and more game time to ease him in

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

When it rains it pours 

 

Brentford player should have been sent off for such a malicious challenge

A Wednesday player should have given him some back, worth a booking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

A Wednesday player should have given him some back, worth a booking.

 

Fully agree, however no doubt any attempt would have seen all their players round the ref wanting blood, and a probable escallation to a sending off.

 

where's Ken Knighton when you need him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

 

 

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

and that would achieve what ?.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disgraceful challenge. Makes you even more angry when Shaw got sent off for two challenges that were very tame compared to that on Dele-Bashiru. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle and shock horror the young lad will suffer as a result.

 

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

Because they don’t care enough - didn’t support their young team mate at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wakefield owl said:

Because they don’t care enough - didn’t support their young team mate at all.

are you for real ?....player gets fouled and coz his team mates dont gang up on the ref they dont care......deary me 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disgraceful challenge. Makes you even more angry when Shaw got sent off for two challenges that were very tame compared to that on Dele-Bashiru. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle and shock horror the young lad will suffer as a result.

 

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

Shaw had his back to their player for his first card .. no intent .. what we saw against Bishiru was pure intent .. same punishment. It’s wrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have a manager who tells his players to intentionally injure the opponent. 
The player who commits the offense and a ref who sees it and fails in his job. 
We now have an injured player who is unable to contribute to our effort to stay in this division.   No action is taken. How can this be right ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, torryowl said:

are you for real ?....player gets fouled and coz his team mates dont gang up on the ref they dont care......deary me 

Absolutely. What do think any other team would have done? It wasn’t a case of just getting fouled it was a nasty challenge and in that situation any team is entitled to protest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wakefield owl said:

Absolutely. What do think any other team would have done? It wasn’t a case of just getting fouled it was a nasty challenge and in that situation any team is entitled to protest.

thats not what you  said ....you said  they dont care about there team mate coz they didnt get into the ref .....which is a ridiculous statement .do you really believe that they dont care that he got fouled and injured ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

thats not what you  said ....you said  they dont care about there team mate coz they didnt get into the ref .....which is a ridiculous statement .do you really believe that they dont care that he got fouled and injured ?

Not sure where you are going with this - do you think all of our players care?
The lack of a response to a dreadful challenge does indeed suggest they weren’t overly bothered. I don’t really agree with surrounding ref etc but if we had reacted more in first half when Harris was taken out then the ref might have taken sterner action when it was repeated.

 

By the way it’s not a ridiculous statement to expect players to stand up for each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disgraceful challenge. Makes you even more angry when Shaw got sent off for two challenges that were very tame compared to that on Dele-Bashiru. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle and shock horror the young lad will suffer as a result.

 

Why weren’t our lads surrounding the referee and getting right in his face?

Horrendous tackle but blame poor refereeing, not our players . You can blame them for performance but trying to influence refs over decisions is out of order. The ref would more likely book players for that behaviour or by send someone off. Its the authorities who should sort it out.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Horrendous tackle but blame poor refereeing, not our players . You can blame them for performance but trying to influence refs over decisions is out of order. The ref would more likely book players for that behaviour or by send someone off. Its the authorities who should sort it out.

 

 

 


Not at all. I want our players surrounding the ref and backing up their team mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, marconi said:

Not first time this has been said.

 

They lack backbone, passion and team spirit.

 

With those things lacking is there any wonder we look the worse team in the league by far.

 

But Thompson says team spirit is great , as did Monk ,ermm somebody's tellin porkies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:


Because it shows they’re a team and got each other’s backs. It shows a willingness to win games.

 

We don’t do it often enough.

theres better ways than that to show you are a team ....whats the point of harassing the ref risk getting booked coz they arnt going to change there decision . bloody hell i think we have the worst discipline record in the division so  why try and up it for arguing with the ref . 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, torryowl said:

theres better ways than that to show you are a team ....whats the point of harassing the ref risk getting booked coz they arnt going to change there decision . bloody hell i think we have the worst discipline record in the division so  why try and up it for arguing with the ref . 


You should watch what the most successful teams do when they’re not happy with a decision or challenge

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...