Turning point???

28 minutes ago, striker said:

Agee, I wasn't droning on about our lack of strikers BTW (not in this post anyway)

Midfield.is poor, too deep and no movement. 

With what we've got available I'd play Joey as holding CM, Bannan and Brown further forward to try and create something with Windass on the right and Harris on the left as proper wingers, not wingbacks.

Yes, it's susceptible to balls over the top with space down the side of the CB's but those players should be dominating the ball against Luton to mitigate that threat. 

I was referring mainly to your point about getting our midfield forward and in and around the box bud. 

The striker thing is just really as we've gone from having almost a first team 11 of just strikers to 1, and that's the guy we needed to get rid of most. 

For me I'd go 4-3-3, get Windass and Kachunga in thier natural positions as wide forwards either side of Patterson or Rhodes. 

• Like 1

So where’s the influence from the senior players out on the pitch?

We need the fight & finger pointing out on the pitch where it matters.

For all we know the talk from the senior players could have been “It wasn’t my fault boss, it was the rest of them”.

The whole lot of them are spineless.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I was referring mainly to your point about getting our midfield forward and in and around the box bud. 

The striker thing is just really as we've gone from having almost a first team 11 of just strikers to 1, and that's the guy we needed to get rid of most. 

For me I'd go 4-3-3, get Windass and Kachunga in thier natural positions as wide forwards either side of Patterson or Rhodes. 

Ah, I see. Fair do's. I dont mind 433, TBH dont care what formation, or personnel, just have a ******** go. Literally nothing to lose, if the season ended now we're down.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, striker said:

Ah, I see. Fair do's. I dont mind 433, TBH dont care what formation, or personnel, just have a ******** go. Literally nothing to lose, if the season ended now we're down.

Exactly  my thoughts and since, we seem to have an abundance of wide forwards or wingers in Green, Windass, Kachunga, Harris, reach, for me it would make more sense in using them as such. 

They just need to do what Wallace and Nando were so effective at.

If the balls coming through the middle get them in narrow and get bodies in the box.

Or when it comes down one wing the opposite side gets inside the box. 

Nando used to be brilliant and getting involved at the back post when we played him wide left. 

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

The turning point was 60 minutes into Stoke.

Thompson ripped up what had been working for several games. You can have all the spirit and dressing-room lawyers you want, but if the team has the right-footed Kachunga or FDB on the left, and the left-footed Reach on the right, and a lone-striker waiting for a ball into the box, we are relegated!

He MUST go back to basics. How obvious is this point?

Rhodes + Paterson.

Reach left, Harris right.

It was working. What on gods earth made him change?

Apparently playing three centre backs when teams play with one striker was what made him change. 
Now that it’s proved a  wrong decision NT will revert to what was working but make only a minor change like giving one of the centre backs licence to push out at times to bolster our weak midfield.

Along of course with the other square pegs in square holes many have mentioned. 

Making big changes in formation when playing twice weekly is asking for trouble. There’s just no time bed it in on the training pitches.

22 minutes ago, Blatter said:

NT will revert to what was working but make only a minor change like giving one of the centre backs licence to push out at times to bolster our weak midfield.

Which is why playing Hutch in the back three (if that is what NT reverts to) makes a lot of sense.
Plus it adds some much needed passing ability to that back three.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

The turning point was 60 minutes into Stoke.

Thompson ripped up what had been working for several games. You can have all the spirit and dressing-room lawyers you want, but if the team has the right-footed Kachunga or FDB on the left, and the left-footed Reach on the right, and a lone-striker waiting for a ball into the box, we are relegated!

He MUST go back to basics. How obvious is this point?

Rhodes + Paterson.

Reach left, Harris right.

It was working. What on gods earth made him change?

I've not said this often but kachunga is complete garbage. 

2 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Turning point was switching off after Joao equalised v Sheff United at Hillsborough.  

There was only going to be one winner at 2-2.  

A good point,  we went into that game as fairly heavy favourites and got schooled from the 1st minute.  Our (transfer) messes became exposed like a ultra violet light being shone on a hotel bed sheet.  

2 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Turning point was switching off after Joao equalised v Sheff United at Hillsborough.  

There was only going to be one winner at 2-2.  

Absolutely spot on!

Joao was still celebrating the equaliser when they went straight back up the other end and scored.

It was like kids’ football that goal.

Tedious as fûck, we all know this bunch of players are a set of fannîes.

I don't believe for one second that there any players in this squad putting the extra work in. They are all way too comfortable with being losers and there is no way NT has the level of respect required to stamp any authority on this bunch. The sooner have that full clear out the better.