Turning point???

Very clever.

I have absolutely no doubt that Hutchinson is our next manager,  possibly that is already agreed.  Bannan's 'recommendation' that a former senior player becomes manager, followed by a new contract being signed.  Hutchinson who 'wasn't expecting to come back as a player', the lack of a new permanent manager being appointed, and now this.  Interesting how only Hutchinson has been called out.

My bet - we are no more than 2/3 weeks away from this happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lip Service I'm afraid he's hardly going to say they're all sat in there quiet because most of them aren't arsed as they wont be here next season is he 

Neil Thompson is a coach of the team and not a manager so therefore in my opinion cant be as vocal or critical as Monk Pulis and Bruce was especially as he will be back within the ranks next season

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very clever.

I have absolutely no doubt that Hutchinson is our next manager,  possibly that is already agreed.  Bannan's 'recommendation' that a former senior player becomes manager, followed by a new contract being signed.  Hutchinson who 'wasn't expecting to come back as a player', the lack of a new permanent manager being appointed, and now this.  Interesting how only Hutchinson has been called out.

Patient “It’s like this doc. I’ve had several bouts of depression down the years, but I’m strong and try to get thru it”

Doc “What you need is to manage Sheffield Wednesday with no money and a megalomaniac erratic distant owner”

2 minutes ago, megsonstheman said:

He states senior players were doing the calling out. Well, Palmer and Reach could be classed as senior players and they were the 2 worst players on the pitch on Wednesday

Exactly.

On that basis, only 3 i can think of straight to mind (from the squad against Brentford) are Bannan, Hutchinson and Lees

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The turning point was 60 minutes into Stoke.

Thompson ripped up what had been working for several games. You can have all the spirit and dressing-room lawyers you want, but if the team has the right-footed Kachunga or FDB on the left, and the left-footed Reach on the right, and a lone-striker waiting for a ball into the box, we are relegated!

He MUST go back to basics. How obvious is this point?

Rhodes + Paterson.

Reach left, Harris right.

It was working. What on gods earth made him change?

I can't for the life of me figure it out. 

I'd even go as far as saying then Hutchinson into defence and Pelupessy in midfield!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, striker said:

No, might encourage a bright start, but soon enough conceding possession of the ball by hoofing it will allow the opposition to grow into the game and dominate.

Everyone knows as soon as the opposition score, the game is over. 

Personally, at this stage draws don't work. I'd ditch the pragmatic approach and go balls to the wall, all out attack. If we're going down, may as well go down fighting. 

352 - Hutchinson in the back three, stop Lees hoofing it, give it to Hutchinson to pick a pass. Wide players, not defensive wingbacks, with a starting position in the opposition half. Balls out wide and in the box at every opportunity, with two of the midfield three on the edge of the box ready to win the second ball. 

Everyone keeps droning on about our lack of strikers. It was DC's insistence on blowing our budget on too many to start with that's got us into this mess. 

The far bigger problem for me is cm. 

Even when we were challenging near the top, the Good teams have midfielders that chip in with important goals... Ours get a nosebleed anywhere near the oppositions box. 

Platipuss, bazinga, Hutch and the invisible aussie are all as impotent as a guy that's had the snip anywhere near the 18 yard box. You can add Harris since his initial start and reach since jos left to that list too. 

We've had ONE central midfielder in the last 6 years that knew how to put the ball in the net and that was Lee. 

How we miss him. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I can't for the life of me figure it out. 

I'd even go as far as saying then Hutchinson into defence and Pelupessy in midfield!!!

Hutchinson into defence absolutely.

Brown into midfield.

Then as you suggest re wingers and forwards.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Patient “It’s like this doc. I’ve had several bouts of depression down the years, but I’m strong and try to get thru it”

Doc “What you need is to manage Sheffield Wednesday with no money and a megalomaniac erratic distant owner”

If I could put a bet on Hutchinson being our next manager anywhere I would do it, and I have probably placed 3 bets in my adult life.

This story is PR for it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Very clever.

Hopefully if he gets the job he can get the midfield to do basic things right which he and Bannan are incapable of ie track runners 

It's the leadership outside the dressing room that's been lacking for years that has led to this point. 

The lack of direction has caused us to.hit an iceberg, and the water is coming in fast. The players 'stepping up' is just an example of the current lack.of leadership from those on the deck.

Basically everyone is shouting and panicking. Some people are trying to bucket water out of the boat, some are scrambling for lifeboats and others are just stood still, frozen with fear.

What we need is someone to jump on board with a plan to get us to the shore. A character with a loud voice and experience of the predicament that will make everyone stop and listen.

The best man for the job is probably at Boro 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1