What players should have played internationally?/more?

Forestieri should hsve played for Argentina or Italy .

Hinchcliffe was absolute class in the 4 and a half games he played for us , could see why made England squads when fit. 

Also, why did Lee Chapman never make England squads when he was a regular goalscorer in the first division with us and then Leeds?  Were there that many ahead of him in the country?  

• Haha 1

If Jeffers and Bothroyd managed to get England Caps, then pretty much all of our players from the 83-86 seasons and 90-93 teams. 

Although Hodge, Pressman,  Pearson Warhurst and Bright would have been capped in they were playing in their prime in the era 2008-2012 when England caps were given out to anybody who had a half decent game or to. 

• Like 1

Jordan Rhodes. Hardly got a sniff in the the Scottish team. Just looking at Wikipedia and he's got 14 caps from 2011 until now.

This was at the time when he's smashing goals in left, right and centre for Hudds and Blackburn 

Edited by poite

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

😂😂😂😂

I know, I know!..but..

2016 Euros,  Italy didn't really have many options up front,  and FF had finished a good season with us .

He has dual nationality so would have qualified for them

I remember watching one game and thinking he would definitely have been a good option off the bench. 

Argentina..yeah possibly a few forward players ahead of him there...

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Forestieri should hsve played for Argentina or Italy .

Hinchcliffe was absolute class in the 4 and a half games he played for us , could see why made England squads when fit. 

Also, why did Lee Chapman never make England squads when he was a regular goalscorer in the first division with us and then Leeds?  Were there that many ahead of him in the country?  

Give over! Never played more than 2 or 3 games in the top flight.

Lee Chapman much I love the fella was never an international player.

Des Walker should have played more, definitely. How players like John Scales got called up to friendlies etc around Euro 96 is criminal. Pressman should have made some squads. Hard to argue that he should have been starting but certainly deserved to make some friendly squads.

9 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

How Des Walker never got another cap after 93 is beyond me. Look at the defenders capped whilst he was still playing it’s embarrassing 

A simple answer to that one.

He was absolutely hopeless for England for 18 months under Graham Taylor and was a big part of our failure to qualify for the World Cup in 1994 with some absolutely terrible defending.