Who Is On The Verge Of The England Squad ?

Kopparberg

Starting xi at euros for me:

Pickford (don’t think we’ve got anyone much better) 

Alexander Arnold

Maguire

Michael Keane

Luke shaw

Henderson

Rice (slightly over rated but don’t think there’s anyone else that could play the holding role) 

Rashford

Foden/Grealish

Stirling

Kane

Good thing about England this time round they have significant depth especially in the attacking midfield areas (foden/maddison/barnes/grealish/sancho)

Euros as things stand first up I'd go 

Pope 

Walker

Stones

Maguire/Mings

Chilwell

Rice

Henderson 

Sterling 

Foden

Rashford 

Kane

Then for the next game I'd switch to 4-3-3, drop Rice and the full backs and bring in TAA, Shaw, Mount and maybe Grealish for Rashford on current form

3 hours ago, markg said:

Ward-Prowse is an interesting one for me. I'd consider taking him for his deadball ability alone

It it was like American Football and we could sub him on for corners and free-kicks then that would be great. He is a steady player besides his dead ball ability but not mobile enough to get into the England team regularly. 

54 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

This squad is a bit of a joke. I don’t know what the crack is with Southgate I think he’s mad

Who would you pick who hasn't been and who would you have left out? 

I'm a bit shocked by the negativity following the squad announcement. It's the most exciting crop of players we've had in a long time and the fact we can disagree about who's included/left out is a positive.

I've been critical of Southgate in the past but he deserves to be judged at the end of the euros. I'm 25 and still get the same buzz from tournament football as I did when I was 15.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this summer, especially after the year we've all had. I firmly believe we do have a chance to go all the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 442 said:

I'm a bit shocked by the negativity following the squad announcement. It's the most exciting crop of players we've had in a long time and the fact we can disagree about who's included/left out is a positive.

I've been critical of Southgate in the past but he deserves to be judged at the end of the euros. I'm 25 and still get the same buzz from tournament football as I did when I was 15.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this summer, especially after the year we've all had. I firmly believe we do have a chance to go all the way.

Just hoping Gareth goes for it. We certainly have the attacking talent to blow a lot of sides away. After the last 4 years at S6 I’m sick to death of defensive dross. Let’s hope for a glorious, goals-laden summer. 

23 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who would you pick who hasn't been and who would you have left out? 

Well I don't think TAA should be left out of our squads he is one of the best players in the world on his day. I wouldn't be picking Lingard because he'a not good enough and doesn't offer anything we don't have in other players. How can he drop TAA due to form and select Diet?

I am also concerned that we seem to be losing a lot of dual internationals, why not select Antonio? he's a great player, we've lost him to Jamaica now, he offers something other strikers don't. He could have had Lingards place in the squad. Because Southgate fills our squad with guys that aren't gonna win us anything out of loyalty we are missing out on people. What about McTominay, Musiala, Wan Bissaka maybe? We've just lost somebody else to USA. Konsa is having a good season, has multiple nations he can play for but picks Dier ahead of him. He nearly lost Grealish out of stubbornness, thank god he stuck with us.

I'm sick of him. 

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well I don't think TAA should be left out of our squads he is one of the best players in the world on his day. I wouldn't be picking Lingard because he'a not good enough and doesn't offer anything we don't have in other players. How can he drop TAA due to form and select Diet?

I am also concerned that we seem to be losing a lot of dual internationals, why not select Antonio? he's a great player, we've lost him to Jamaica now, he offers something other strikers don't. He could have had Lingards place in the squad. Because Southgate fills our squad with guys that aren't gonna win us anything out of loyalty we are missing out on people. What about McTominay, Musiala, Wan Bissaka maybe? We've just lost somebody else to USA. Konsa is having a good season, has multiple nations he can play for but picks Dier ahead of him. He nearly lost Grealish out of stubbornness, thank god he stuck with us.

I'm sick of him. 

Don't think any of the players you mention regarding dual nationality are any great loss and a bit much to pin that all on Southgate, should he pick them just in case even though others are performing better?

Lingard is on form and has done it before for England. He wouldn't get in my team but Southgate said he only got in by the skin of his teeth and if it wasn't for injuries he probably wouldn't have made it. 

Antonio is good but is 30 years old and is injury prone, I don't see him as a regular England international.

Alexander Arnold has been awful at times this season, a shadow of the player he was last season, not many seem that surprised or disappointed that he is out of the side, it is up to him to earn his place back.

Dier I agree, with, I hope he doesn't get anywhere hear the team but it is not like we are flush with on form top centre-backs unfortunately. It isn't very often that any England manager makes all the decisions that the public agree with but to say that this squad that he is picked is a joke and base that on what you have just said is more of a joke to me. 

On 18/03/2021 at 18:54, Sefton owl said:

I know he’s a 🐷 but Would much rather have calvert lewin than watkins

Calvert Lewin is in the squad. 

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't think any of the players you mention regarding dual nationality are any great loss and a bit much to pin that all on Southgate, should he pick them just in case even though others are performing better?

Lingard is on form and has done it before for England. He wouldn't get in my team but Southgate said he only got in by the skin of his teeth and if it wasn't for injuries he probably wouldn't have made it. 

Antonio is good but is 30 years old and is injury prone, I don't see him as a regular England international.

Alexander Arnold has been awful at times this season, a shadow of the player he was last season, not many seem that surprised or disappointed that he is out of the side, it is up to him to earn his place back.

Dier I agree, with, I hope he doesn't get anywhere hear the team but it is not like we are flush with on form top centre-backs unfortunately. It isn't very often that any England manager makes all the decisions that the public agree with but to say that this squad that he is picked is a joke and base that on what you have just said is more of a joke to me. 

I dunno Musiala is meant to be a fantastic player. AWB is a very good player. For sake of giving somebody like Lingard another cap we could tie someone down for us. Lingard is not gonna get in ahead of the 4 (at least) ahead of him so it’s a waste of a cap, a player, a development opportunity.

TAA form bad, what about Diers form? It makes no sense. TAA is a talent, one of our best hopes, Southgate should be helping him.

It’s just these nonsensical decisions I think is turning players off of England, he’s making it so your face has to fit.

On 18/03/2021 at 20:00, 442 said:

The negativity is for Southgate alone. The guys a complete and utter buffoon. Leaves TAA out just to form etc, calls up Eric Dier who hasn’t played a premier league game in a month and, has been poo all season?

All the attacking talent we have and, we’ll be plonked in a back 5 with 2 holding midfielders.

• Like 2