Who Is On The Verge Of The England Squad ?

Kopparberg

52 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

wouldn't be surprised if this lad at Bayern Munich opted for Germany since we're gonna be overwhelmed with talent in this area

When John Motson was at his irritating peak he used to say "I think such and such should make a substitution about now, I'd certainly be thinking of bringing on an extra midfielder". Cut to the sidelines where a midfielder is coming on and Motson basically trying to claim he hadn't seen it and he really knew what he was talking about.

That's you that is. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56176585

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Ben Godfrey

Ollie Watkins

Patrick Bamford

Michail Antonio

Emile Smith-Rowe

Unlikely for Antonio now, he's 31 next month. Think he was in the squad a few times when he was in form but never played, and has now been approached by Jamaica. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

Unlikely for Antonio now, he's 31 next month. Think he was in the squad a few times when he was in form but never played, and has now been approached by Jamaica. 

Think antonio has been unlucky with injuries or could have been involved more over the last few years agree its too late for him now though shame really. 

Godfrey is a good shout we have a real shortage of decent centre halfs.

21 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

When John Motson was at his irritating peak he used to say "I think such and such should make a substitution about now, I'd certainly be thinking of bringing on an extra midfielder". Cut to the sidelines where a midfielder is coming on and Motson basically trying to claim he hadn't seen it and he really knew what he was talking about.

That's you that is. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56176585

I can see how you have read that as though I have made a prediction lol. No I already knew he had made that choice and was thinking he picked them over us because we have too many options in that area

Southgate REALLY needs to ditch this 3-4-3 formation as it is stifling us.

It is a formation designed to try and disguise our weakness (central defence) , rather than accentuate our strength (a wealth of attacking talent)

He needs to adopt a 4-2-3-1 or even a 4-1-4-1 depending on the opposition, granted that may make us a bit more porous , but it will also make us a real threat against anybody.............................we have no world class centre halves so just pick your favoured two , give em a little protection with a defensive midfielder and concentrate on attack.

We can argue over the actual personnel but something like ;

Pope

James    Maguire    Mings    Chilwell

Rice

Sterling    Foden    Mount    Grealish

Kane

When we play someone like a France or Belgium you could Henderson in there instead of one of the attacking midfielders.

Playing this awful 3-4-3  means some of our most creative talent will be kicking their heels.

• Like 1

Can't stand Declan Rice, just nowhere near good enough on the ball for that position. Exactly the type of player that holds England back at the very top level. 

I think Southgate's problem is selecting the starters from an incredible amount of attacking talent.  

He needs to find his first choice centre halfs as well, and admit that Harry Maguire isn't the solid, automatic choice he likes to think he is. 

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

Can't stand Declan Rice, just nowhere near good enough on the ball for that position. Exactly the type of player that holds England back at the very top level. 

I think Southgate's problem is selecting the starters from an incredible amount of attacking talent.  

He needs to find his first choice centre halfs as well, and admit that Harry Maguire isn't the solid, automatic choice he likes to think he is. 

He's a good defensive midfielder, ever present in a good West Ham side. With the amount of attacking options we have they should be able to create