Save Our Owls #2...

Yes, I know there’s a lockdown, but isn’t it time we as fans did something rather than moan and groan here or on twitter. If they were in the same mess at the Lane, they’d be whanging bricks through the boardroom windows.

We had the black balloons a few years back which may not have been much but did get up the chairman’s nose and we need something now to make Chansiri aware of the feelings here. It is OUR club, not his, he’s only the custodian.

My worry is that for all the high-running emotions - and for me it’s the worst it’s ever been, right back to the Save Our Owls days - Chansiri is sat in his villa over in Thailand either not having a clue what’s going on or not giving a throw and letting Doyen/Paxiao run things.

The club is a basket case from top to bottom: naive chairman, terrible advisors and recruitment policy, no manager (look what McCarthy and Pearson have done at their new clubs) and players that are poor at best and are pissed off because some are being offered new deals and they aren’t. All that is undermined by the uber-dodgy financial situation, I dread to think what will happen if Chansiri goes but holds onto the ground/training ground and then charges a fortune in rent - that’s what happened at Rovrum and it nearly killed them.

I can’t think of one positive thing about SWFC right now, not one.

So what do we do? Obviously we’re hamstrung by the lockdown but once that is over we need summat like a mass protest outside the ground when there’s a TV game on - remember the fireworks at Cheltenham v City a few weeks back, or borrow the Reverend’s PA and drown the ground in protest noise while someone also mentioned on here a plane banner. 

Whatever, we can’t just let this go on and allow the club to go down with a whimper. We could be the next Bolton...or Bury.

Thoughts?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

When have Blades fans EVER "Whanged" bricks through boardroom  windows....I remember Owls fans smashing windows behind The South during one "protest"

Its the wrong climate to organise owt..If matches had been attended Ive no doubt there would have been congregations under the South.

The Chansiri banner on the Kop would have gone.....But you can only do what you can do.

We don't need 3000 down there...Doin' what...?..screaming abuse at the tea lady?

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Try this bloke, you never know he may be sympathetic and theres a chance tuna boy might see it

ROGER CRUTCHLEY

BANGKOK POST COLUMNIST

A long time popular Bangkok Post columnist. In 1994 he won the Ayumongkol Literary Award. For many years he was Sports Editor at the Bangkok Post.

Email : oldcrutch@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Derick Mills said:

Let's throw those Elephants in the Don

I must admit, that idea has currency.

On the face of it, it's simply getting rid of an eyesore.

But metaphorically speaking it indicates an end of the fans' support for Chansiri.

A parting of the ways.

• Love 1

Exactly....as a fan base ..  we’ve become as soft as s##t .........just like the players..we’ve no bottle ...just watching it all happen ...people would rather be a keyboard warrior than actually protest ..... elephants in the Don ... Chansiri banner removed .........It’s become Chansiri FC.....not SWFC !!!

2 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Yes, I know there’s a lockdown, but isn’t it time we as fans did something rather than moan and groan here or on twitter. If they were in the same mess at the Lane, they’d be whanging bricks through the boardroom windows.

We had the black balloons a few years back which may not have been much but did get up the chairman’s nose and we need something now to make Chansiri aware of the feelings here. It is OUR club, not his, he’s only the custodian.

My worry is that for all the high-running emotions - and for me it’s the worst it’s ever been, right back to the Save Our Owls days - Chansiri is sat in his villa over in Thailand either not having a clue what’s going on or not giving a throw and letting Doyen/Paxiao run things.

The club is a basket case from top to bottom: naive chairman, terrible advisors and recruitment policy, no manager (look what McCarthy and Pearson have done at their new clubs) and players that are poor at best and are pissed off because some are being offered new deals and they aren’t. All that is undermined by the uber-dodgy financial situation, I dread to think what will happen if Chansiri goes but holds onto the ground/training ground and then charges a fortune in rent - that’s what happened at Rovrum and it nearly killed them.

So what do we do? Obviously we’re hamstrung by the lockdown but once that is over we need summat like a mass protest outside the ground when there’s a TV game on - remember the fireworks at Cheltenham v City a few weeks back, or borrow the Reverend’s PA and drown the ground in protest noise while someone also mentioned on here a plane banner. 

Whatever, we can’t just let this go on and allow the club to go down with a whimper. We could be the next Bolton...or Bury.

Thoughts?

When lockdown’s over why don’t we have an Owlstalk convention - great excuse for a ******** up and maybe things aren’t quite so bad (well maybe they are!)

18 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Exactly....as a fan base ..  we’ve become as soft as s##t .........just like the players..we’ve no bottle ...just watching it all happen ...people would rather be a keyboard warrior than actually protest ..... elephants in the Don ... Chansiri banner removed .........It’s become Chansiri FC.....not SWFC !!!

Off you trot then Hugh.....

It can only feasibly done like this at the minute

The "Hillsborough Tea Party".

Actually, baptizing those elephants probably would do the trick.

The reason being that such an act would get wide media attention.

Fans (especially ours) don't usually do things like that, and such an act is clearly one of desperation.

The only thing likely to bring about change is Chansiri losing face publicly.

We aren't lone voices crying in the wilderness, even if we think we are.

Consider Peterborough United.

Our only connection with them is that we're likely to be swapping places with them in a few months.

Yet when that club's Chairman says that Chansiri's advisers "want shooting", it just goes to show what people at other clubs must think.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Thoughts?

Start a crowdfunder r just giving page to collect cash for the activities. Maybe give it a more jazzy name and see what happens. If you get no takers it’s a dead end. If it goes well and you get some money then spend it on events you think will work/ raise the profile of the campaign and see what happens. As long as you guarantee to give unspent funds to charity (St Luke’s is a fantastic charity) then your off. I’ll stick £20 in. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Start a crowdfunder r just giving page to collect cash for the activities. Maybe give it a more jazzy name and see what happens. If you get no takers it’s a dead end. If it goes well and you get some money then spend it on events you think will work/ raise the profile of the campaign and see what happens. As long as you guarantee to give unspent funds to charity (St Luke’s is a fantastic charity) then your off. I’ll stick £20 in. 

What start a crowdfunder to throw the Golden Elephants in the Don?...Even OUR Lestrade could work that f.ooker out!

lol

Edited by asteener1867

6 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

If they go missing now, were in for it.😆

The best thing to do is when fans are allowed back to the ground 

No one turns up 

It would instantly make headline news on sky sports 

Unfortunately some people will still go putting up with any old 5h1t because its a 60 year old tradition 

What's missing one match to make a massive statement 

Only way Dc will listen is when fans stop putting up with his rubbish and take a stand and remove themselves from the club 

• Like 1