Tom Lees out!

Each to their own I guess but I had him as MoM last night and think he’s been alright this season. Not world beating but a steady 7 out of 10. Way better than most of our players. He’s probably a bit expensive for L1 but don’t think he’s our number one or indeed even a top ten problem. 

58 minutes ago, Danielh said:

Tom Lees performance has gone well down and he's past it. Negative play, lacking confidence,backward passing, dodgy play and needs replacing. He has a better presence in their box than anywhere near ours. We need Hutchinson to take that place and sure up the defence. 

Roll on March 8th.... 🎣 🙄

54 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Our defence is the third best in the league at home, and the ninth best overall.  Lees is one of the few players who has been OK this season.

The comment re centre backs being some sort of creative force in the team is the same debate as was raging when we were struggling for goals in the carlos second season.  For some reason people advocated the issue was the centre backs and we needed a 'ball playing' one to replace Loovens.  

Our problem is goalscoring - we are the lowest scorers in the entire football league.  That is the job of pretty much everyone aside from the centre backs. 

I think the point about Lees is not incompatible with the point about our lack of goal scoring.  For some time now it has been apparent to me that Lees is not confide with the ball at his feet.  Therefore he passes back to the keeper, who is then pressed by the opponents and launches it upfield, or he hoofs it himself.  Either way there is no constructive play that comes from him with the ball. We then complain that we always play hoof ball, perhaps that is because some of our players are incapable of anything else.

Having said that he is a good defender and I think should be able to score more than he has from corners etc

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He’s probably been our best defender 

And there lies the problem - you’re right in some games he has been our best defender but it’s not hard to be the best of a bad bunch.

Constantly playing players out of position may work for the odd game but not for season after season. I could criticize his lack of flair and constant side and back passes but if he can’t see movement and opportunities ahead then maybe that’s the only option open to him.

When we are in L1 next season he will be at his level (if he resigns.)

• Like 1

Very strange. 

Lees is a very good player at this level. Maybe not the best on the ball but he’s a very good old fashioned CB. 

He’ll get a decent move in the summer and I’d wish him well. 

Very least of our problems is Tom Lees. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Look at the goals again

First one Reach bottles a challenge 

Second goal comes as we have 10 men on the pitch following the assault on FDB

Third goal Patterson doesn’t do his job

Lees has been one of our only consistent players this season. First name on the team sheet for me

My post certainly wasn’t bashing Tom Lees. I’m a big fan of Lees. But I’d argue it has been apparent he performs far better alongside a strong centre half in a settled defence. I hope we can keep him this summer. 

I just don’t believe the selection was right last night against a side as dangerous as them. In form or not. 

But I’d also say there were a few things wrong before Reach bottled the challenge, and we should be able to adjust for the 30 seconds FDB was on the sidelines. We gave up at 2-0. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Our defence is the third best in the league at home, and the ninth best overall.  Lees is one of the few players who has been OK this season.

The comment re centre backs being some sort of creative force in the team is the same debate as was raging when we were struggling for goals in the carlos second season.  For some reason people advocated the issue was the centre backs and we needed a 'ball playing' one to replace Loovens.  

Our problem is goalscoring - we are the lowest scorers in the entire football league.  That is the job of pretty much everyone aside from the centre backs. 

Pig/troll alert!

1 hour ago, Danielh said:

Tom Lees performance has gone well down and he's past it. Negative play, lacking confidence,backward passing, dodgy play and needs replacing. He has a better presence in their box than anywhere near ours. We need Hutchinson to take that place and sure up the defence. 

MMM... smelling pork... yep... definitely getting a whiff of something that does not smell right. It's either bs or pork, because Tom Less has been one of our three most consistent players going back to the good old pre-Chansiri era.

💩/🐖?

:tango:lolgarymegson 

Just now, Ante's Bubbly said:

MMM... smelling pork... yep... definitely getting a whiff of something that does not smell right. It's either bs or pork, because Tom Less has been one of our three most consistent players going back to the good old pre-Chansiri era.

💩/🐖?

:tango:lolgarymegson 

Tom less is Tom Lees lesser known cousin!

1 hour ago, Danielh said:

67719F2E-1A43-40AE-AAEE-75B06BA88CB1.gif.428eca3a59503f117c69b59dec1f3155.gif

• Haha 1