Wednesday Rewind.

Now this is just me putting the feelers out there to see if there would be any interest at all. I've had an idea 💡 (not such an imaginative one because it's been done before, just not for SWFC as far as I can see), to record a podcast whereby each week we look at a different memorable game from years gone by. It would be called Wednesday Rewind or something of that ilk. Ideally I'd want to be accompanied by someone that was at said game each week, and if we can, someone who also played in that game too. 

I mean, at the moment, to be quite frank, we're terrible and it's painfully shocking to watch. So maybe reminiscing some of our better moments would be good for our self-esteem let's say. 

It would be an hour long episode and I would be looking for around 8-10 episodes in a weekly block per 'season'. 

So my questions to you are;

1. Which game would stand out to you as a memorable one? Yes, we know about the league cup final, BDM, Derby Double etc. I'm looking for the more obscure ones. A long unbeaten run or a hat-trick from a certain someone, a must-win game etc. 
  2. Would it be something that you would want to listen to? 
  3. If you have been to a memorable game mentioned in #1, would you be willing to join me (virtually atm) to talk about the game sharing your memories of that game? 

Feel free to shoot it down if you feel it will fall flat on it's face and likewise let me know if you think it's a good idea. 

garymegson

1 hour ago, waverley_owl said:

Now this is just me putting the feelers out there to see if there would be any interest at all. I've had an idea 💡 (not such an imaginative one because it's been done before, just not for SWFC as far as I can see), to record a podcast whereby each week we look at a different memorable game from years gone by. It would be called Wednesday Rewind or something of that ilk. Ideally I'd want to be accompanied by someone that was at said game each week, and if we can, someone who also played in that game too. 

I mean, at the moment, to be quite frank, we're terrible and it's painfully shocking to watch. So maybe reminiscing some of our better moments would be good for our self-esteem let's say. 

It would be an hour long episode and I would be looking for around 8-10 episodes in a weekly block per 'season'. 

So my questions to you are;

1. Which game would stand out to you as a memorable one? Yes, we know about the league cup final, BDM, Derby Double etc. I'm looking for the more obscure ones. A long unbeaten run or a hat-trick from a certain someone, a must-win game etc. 
  2. Would it be something that you would want to listen to? 
  3. If you have been to a memorable game mentioned in #1, would you be willing to join me (virtually atm) to talk about the game sharing your memories of that game? 

Feel free to shoot it down if you feel it will fall flat on it's face and likewise let me know if you think it's a good idea. 

garymegson

Go for it ♥️

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Derick Mills said:

Wednesday 5 Manure 4 what a great game that was

Definitely agree with that suggestion.  I remember the Green Un headline that night.  "Whitham Hat-Trick in 5-4 Triumph"  Of course he was credited with 4 by Wednesdayites as the last one went in off Nobby Styles (RIP) but it was Jack's goal in truth.  It was a warm, sunny August afternoon and this was the team that 3 months earlier had won the European Cup as it then was.

Certainly one of the best ever days as a Wednesdayite and I was only 12 at the time.

On 25/02/2021 at 15:57, matthefish2002 said:

How about the 0-0 draw with Rushden & Diamonds at Hillsborough in October 2003.

was thinking the same. Sure there were some classic home 0-0 games against Grimsby around New Year time 2001-2003! 

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Would love to hear one of our players from the away game at Derby in 2000 explain away the 3-3 draw after we went 3-1 up in the 89th minute. 

I can't think of ever being as angry as I was that day 😂

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I can't think of ever being as angry as I was that day 😂

Still 14 games left at that point but we knew our time in the top flight was coming to an end that day. 

Derby missed a good chance to make it 4-3 as well, ball across the 6 yard box just in front of their striker sliding in.  

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Still 14 games left at that point but we knew our time in the top flight was coming to an end that day. 

Derby missed a good chance to make it 4-3 as well, ball across the 6 yard box just in front of their striker sliding in.  

If that had gone in I think I might have killed someone. I'd have gone full on Hulk