I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That won't happen because it's deliberately kept as secretive as possible

Plus I'd expect litigation from any publication that did probe too much

But a web page with a list with date, what Chansiri said or did on that day would be more than enough to do a job to raise relevant issues stemming from the chairmans running of the club

Damn him with his own words...Lets be honest...Just get 5 or 6 of his ridiculous quotes...Put it on here after fact checking and EVERY single one of us post it to him, the Star, Every other newspaper..Do it properly, no abuse, just a more or less "What happened" bto this?..That? the other

• Like 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Damn him with his own words...Lets be honest...Just get 5 or 6 of his ridiculous quotes...Put it on here after fact checking and EVERY single one of us post it to him, the Star, Every other newspaper..Do it properly, no abuse, just a more or less "What happened" bto this?..That? the other

See above for starters

That's before any quotes too

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, S36 OWL said:

I wish people would look at the bigger picture here and look further into other individuals inside the club close to Chansiri. 

If people had the FACTS mate they could...But as Neil said earlier..its words from Chansiris own mouth you need...The rest is smoke and mirrors, the ground isn't firm enough...

Once you start posting rumour and innuendo you leave yourself wide open

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dani_armo said:

I'd love to see a full list of players signed (full or on loan) since he took over - including Hutch and Westwood being frozen out for long periods I reckon we have wasted at least a good £20-30m on wages

This is the thing - we just need a collection of definitive list of things

Chansiri quotes
Chansiri actions
Players signed
Wages spent 

etc

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I DO NOT BACK CHANSIRI. Tjhat is my opening submission. However, after failing to plough through several pages, I find no mention of the people who are responsible for the position we are in at present. Since the srarrt of the season, we have lost to goodness knows how many clubs , all on a so-called 'bad run' Go a goal behind and we lose all fight. However, at no time have I seen the names Chansiri,Pulis, Henderson et al, on the team sheet.

On numerous occasions, Henderson has been quoted as saying 'WE didn't turn up in the second half' or words to that effect. He is inncluding himself , but the blame lies ON THE FIELD. The team may have grievances, injuries or whatever, but, unlike many in these troubled times are in a much better position than mamy of their counterparts. Whatever faults there may be in the upper echelons , these are no excuse for 'not putting a shift in'

Blame Chansiri, paxo or whatever, but the main blame lies with the players.  These are the same players who started the season so bravely, and looked like turning over a12 point (I Lnow, later reduced to6).Since which time ????

The players have got us enough points to be fighting against relegation. They are not totally blameless and plenty have rightly been critical of their performances.

However:

• It didn't take a genius to work out that with Fletcher and Nuhiu leaving we needed a target man to be effective with the players we have and the way we play. The club failed to deliver on absolute squad priority in 2 transfer windows.
  • The owner backed a manager who should have been shown the door last season. He gave him the coaching staff he wanted - he sacked him 12 games into the season.
  • His next appointment was seen as a bit dull and pragmatic but should have got better results. This didn't happen and he was sacked in little over a month
  •  Curiously, that manager was also allowed to bring in his choice of staff. He chose as his assistant, a prominent scout of Celtic football club with little or no recent coaching experience. Within a few weeks our young prospect is signing a deal with Celtic FC.
  • the club started the season on minus 12 points - due entirely to the way the club is run
  • the points deduction made us an unattractive prospect for new signings
  • we have now gone around 12 games in the midst of a relegation battle with an academy coach with no managerial experience at this level in charge, hardly his fault he has been left to hold the fort. The owner has not backed him by giving any assurance over the job but has also taken over 2 months and counting to try and find someone to do the job on a permanent basis.
  • Arguably our best performers in the past couple of months have been a goalkeeper frozen out by the manager that the owner gave his backing to and a player we allowed to leave on a free transfer in the summer.
  • players are being paid in a strange roundabout way which must be somewhat disconcerting. 

That's just a few of the mitigating factors that the mismanagement of the club has contributed to in relation to affecting on-field performance without even getting into the off-field matters. 

Guest Grandad
24 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I DO NOT BACK CHANSIRI. Tjhat is my opening submission. However, after failing to plough through several pages, I find no mention of the people who are responsible for the position we are in at present. Since the srarrt of the season, we have lost to goodness knows how many clubs , all on a so-called 'bad run' Go a goal behind and we lose all fight. However, at no time have I seen the names Chansiri,Pulis, Henderson et al, on the team sheet.

On numerous occasions, Henderson has been quoted as saying 'WE didn't turn up in the second half' or words to that effect. He is inncluding himself , but the blame lies ON THE FIELD. The team may have grievances, injuries or whatever, but, unlike many in these troubled times are in a much better position than mamy of their counterparts. Whatever faults there may be in the upper echelons , these are no excuse for 'not putting a shift in'

Blame Chansiri, paxo or whatever, but the main blame lies with the players.  These are the same players who started the season so bravely, and looked like turning over a12 point (I Lnow, later reduced to6).Since which time ????

Youve done nothing BUT back Chansiri

Right back to your regurgitating supposed statements made by David Hirst when all the furore kicked off over George Hirsts contract

Statements that have never been corroborated.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the thing - we just need a collection of definitive list of things

Chansiri quotes
Chansiri actions
Players signed
Wages spent 

etc

Here's a list of players signed under his ownership. Although it is subjective as to how successful some have been, we seem to have had plenty of misses.

The level of 'continued investment' is also clear to see in terms of both transfer fees and a reduction in wages paid.  

Transfers in under Chansiri by season including loans:

2014/15

Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl, Filipe Melo, 

2015-16

Darryl Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Ross Wallace, Lewis McGugan, Lucas Joao, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou, Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan, Jack Hunt, Gary Hooper, Vincent Sasso, Alex Lopez, Michael Turner, Daniel Pudil, Joe Bennett, Aiden McGeady

2016-17

Steven Fletcher, Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Adam Reach, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox, Sam Winnall, Jordan Rhodes, Will Buckley, Callum McManaman

2017-18

George Boyd, Joost Van Aken, Joey Pelupessy, Frederico Vernancio, Jacob Butterfield

2018-19

Dominic Iorfa. Josh Onomah, Michael Hector, Rolando Aarons, Achraf Lazaar

2019-20

Julian Borner, Moses Odubajo, Kadeem Harris, Osaze Urhoghide, Paul Jones, Massimo Luongo, Jacob Murphy, David Bates, Alessio Da Cruz, Connor Wickham, Josh Windass

2020-21

Fisayo Dele Bashiru, Chey Dunkley, Elias Kachunga, Callum Paterson, Andre Green, Sam Hutchinson, Izzy Brown, Jack Marriott, Aden Flint.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market but over the past 6 years I doubt there are many that have had the number of expensive failures we have had while at the same time having such a small return in terms of selling players. 

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Here's a list of players signed under his ownership. Although it is subjective as to how successful some have been, we seem to have had plenty of misses.

The level of 'continued investment' is also clear to see in terms of both transfer fees and a reduction in wages paid.  

2014/15

2015-16

Darryl Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Ross Wallace, Lewis McGugan, Lucas Joao, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou, Fernando Forestieri, Barry Bannan, Jack Hunt, Gary Hooper, Vincent Sasso, Alex Lopez, Michael Turner, Daniel Pudil, Joe Bennett, Aiden McGeady

2016-17

Steven Fletcher, Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, David Jones, Adam Reach, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox, Sam Winnall, Jordan Rhodes, Will Buckley, Callum McManaman

2017-18

George Boyd, Joost Van Aken, Joey Pelupessy, Frederico Vernancio, Jacob Butterfield

2018-19

2019-20

Julian Borner, Moses Odubajo, Kadeem Harris, Osaze Urhoghide, Paul Jones, Massimo Luongo, Jacob Murphy, David Bates, Alessio Da Cruz, Connor Wickham, Josh Windass

2020-21

Fisayo Dele Bashiru, Chey Dunkley, Elias Kachunga, Callum Paterson, Andre Green, Sam Hutchinson, Izzy Brown, Jack Marriott, Aden Flint.

All clubs make mistakes in the transfer market but over the past 6 years I doubt there are many that have had the number of expensive failures we have had while at the same time having such a small return in terms of selling players. 

This is great work mate- thank you

Now we need that putting into a list  of 

Date  - Player - Transfer fee paid

Also if it's a loan or transfer

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

2014/15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

2019-20

2020-21

When you read it like that its frankly astonishing how many players we have signed

What is more astonishing is the players we have sold and received money for.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know you do

But it won't happen

It simply will not happen

Questions need to be asked. 

Why is this bloke beyond scrutiny? 

Why is he off limits for questioning? 

There is a lot more to our demise than just Chansiri's incompetence. 

• Like 1

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Questions need to be asked. 

Why is this bloke beyond scrutiny? 

Why is he off limits for questioning? 

There is a lot more to our demise than just Chansiri's incompetence. 

You know why

I've told you why publications dont publish
I've told you many many times

Just asking why over and over when you already know is pointless in every way

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

2014/15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

2019-20

2020-21

The worrying thing is I reckon out of that list about a 1/3 (Maybe a little less) have contributed anything of note to the club. The rest have either spent all of their time injured, been useless or not even made an appearance for the first team.

• Like 1

I dislike what this club has become. I dislike what our chairman has made of our club - the transfers, the dark clouds of silence, the turnover of playing and executive staff, the points deduction, the stadium sale...its embarrassing to be a fan and whatever anyone says about the players on the pitch, bottom line is the standard of play and the way we play is directly linked to Chansiri through appointments he has made and/or approved.

Just like in politics however, whilst the fanbase is divided Chansiri will do nothing differently.

Until the facts are made clear and published to all owls fans, not just those who are present on here and social media, there are some fans who will consciously disregard any bad things said about the chairmen and blame the players when the roots go far deeper than that.

I've been a Wednesday fan since the mid 90s. Have seen pretty much nothing but disappointment and whilst the passion shown by the current players is less than previous godawful teams, I've never ever felt more distaste towards our owner(s) than I do right now and, for me, that's where I put my anger and frustration