I'm so pleased

Guest Grandad

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Disagree

Over time some of the most ardent Chansiri backing fans have seen and realised they've been taken for mugs and changed their position to being vehemently against him

People aren't aware of the facts 

A list of date, what he said/did on that date would be absolutely undeniable facts

A long long list (and it is a long long list) would also show it's not just the latest thing to go 'ah well be reyt'

You're right. The tendency on here is to presume the wider fanbase is well informed. They're not.

There will be plenty of season ticket holders who will still 100% back Chansiri based on the fact he's spent more than any other Chairman and is keeping the club afloat during the pandemic. They would see any protest as trouble causing.

I 100% guarantee it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Are there any left? Surely not now? 

There are

Many are outright 'criticising the chairman is attacking the club' still

And some are 'don't do or say anything against the chairman as he might close down the club and leave us without a club' types

But in short - yes - there are.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

There are

Many are outright 'criticising the chairman is attacking the club' still

And some are 'don't do or say anything against the chairman as he might close down the club and leave us without a club' types

But in short - yes - there are.

In that case, 'There are none as blind as those who will not see'.

• Like 1

Just now, bazapeps said:

For ages I’ve wanted to write a big article about the times and failings of the chairman. The issue is I literally wouldn’t know where to start. There’s just so much I’ve probably forgotten 

You don't need to do a big article

There's no need

All you need is a list in this format

• Date - What the chairman said/did

Honestly that's all you need

Zero commentary, zero article, zero opinion -just pure total unbiased facts in a list

I think @KivoOwl had the first half of one

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Well, why not tell us now rather than make me look for it! 

Just on the appeasement front there is an argument that in the round it actually worked because we were not at a stage where we were ready to fight and going to war then would have been a disaster. 

Utter nonsense......

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Honestly Grandad. I just want things to change. When I say ‘do it’ if you believe it will work I mean it. Do it. I’d love it if it worked. If it was that simple. But I think things are very complex and very hard to get out of the hole we are in. 

bit like your posts eh?

6 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

For ages I’ve wanted to write a big article about the times and failings of the chairman. The issue is I literally wouldn’t know where to start. There’s just so much I’ve probably forgotten 

No outside sponsorship, ticket prices, poor 150th, shirts, late and cost, boxes, refunds, boiler, team, academy contracts, not paying players, not selling players, selling the ground, accounts, debt, calling fans customers (for starters).....  

Edited by Burnsie
  • Like 1

He will go when the pain funding next months losses becomes greater then the pain of recognising his sunk losses - it may already have done for all we know.

At that point something will become better than nothing and he will look to find a buyer - until then he is stuck with SWFC and we are stuck with him.

Its a crap situation but on the bright side, that monthly TT of funds he has to make must really sting...

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't need to do a big article

There's no need

All you need is a list in this format

Honestly that's all you need

Zero commentary, zero article, zero opinion -just pure total unbiased facts in a list

I think @KivoOwl had the first half of one

It’s take about a week and there would still be loads missing no doubt. One of those where do you even start 

I DO NOT BACK CHANSIRI. Tjhat is my opening submission. However, after failing to plough through several pages, I find no mention of the people who are responsible for the position we are in at present. Since the srarrt of the season, we have lost to goodness knows how many clubs , all on a so-called 'bad run' Go a goal behind and we lose all fight. However, at no time have I seen the names Chansiri,Pulis, Henderson et al, on the team sheet.

On numerous occasions, Henderson has been quoted as saying 'WE didn't turn up in the second half' or words to that effect. He is inncluding himself , but the blame lies ON THE FIELD. The team may have grievances, injuries or whatever, but, unlike many in these troubled times are in a much better position than mamy of their counterparts. Whatever faults there may be in the upper echelons , these are no excuse for 'not putting a shift in'

Blame Chansiri, paxo or whatever, but the main blame lies with the players.  These are the same players who started the season so bravely, and looked like turning over a12 point (I Lnow, later reduced to6).Since which time ????

Just now, Buxtongent said:

I DO NOT BACK CHANSIRI. Tjhat is my opening submission. However, after failing to plough through several pages, I find no mention of the people who are responsible for the position we are in at present. Since the srarrt of the season, we have lost to goodness knows how many clubs , all on a so-called 'bad run' Go a goal behind and we lose all fight. However, at no time have I seen the names Chansiri,Pulis, Henderson et al, on the team sheet.

On numerous occasions, Henderson has been quoted as saying 'WE didn't turn up in the second half' or words to that effect. He is inncluding himself , but the blame lies ON THE FIELD. The team may have grievances, injuries or whatever, but, unlike many in these troubled times are in a much better position than mamy of their counterparts. Whatever faults there may be in the upper echelons , these are no excuse for 'not putting a shift in'

Blame Chansiri, paxo or whatever, but the main blame lies with the players.  These are the same players who started the season so bravely, and looked like turning over a12 point (I Lnow, later reduced to6).Since which time ????

Exhibit A your honour

I rest my case

No further questions m'lud

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Please STOP now mate

I guess not everyone took your ‘calm down everyone’ intervention on board. Out of respect for the site and others I won’t bother responding to the recent replies to me from Parajack, much as I might be tempted. 

5 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I have no words 

• Love 1

it's a fine balance of protesting against DC's actions and working together to move forward.

Can a middle ground be found - who knows. In the end, it would be in both parties interest to work together, but there's a lot of damage done, and DC personality isn't particularly conducive to an open debate/discussion - he's an autocrat not democrat. This means only a certain element of fans could really tolerate the staged meetings. 

In the world of social media, there no need for a 1/2 hr meeting and update from the chairman - may as well just do this through a weekly comms through other sources. 

One thing's for sure though - he's going to have to up his game in engagement with the fan base if we go down. There has to be a plan - not just ignoring the glaring issues and a 'nothing to see here' attitude. He'll be hit with big revenue reduction and unless he is prepared to do a fire sale, he's going to have to keep funding the club at circa £10m per annum loses. Really, what is the point of this from his perspective.

2 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Kivo can you post this or DM me please 

Jan 2015 -    First involvement - the signing of Sergiu Bus, Marnick Vermijl and Filipe Melo.
Apr 2015 -    Chief buddhist 'blessed' the ground.
May 2015 -    Three 'advisors' appointed - Glenn Roeder, Paul Senior and Adam Pearson. All three left within weeks.
Jun 2015 -    Signed Darrly Lachman, Marco Matias, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan, Rhoys Wiggins, Modou Sougou
Jul 2015 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £360 to £395
May 2016 -    Losses of £11m announced
May 2016 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 15/16 season - up from £23.57 to £31.11
Jan 2016 -    Club badge of 40+ years changed. Fans not consulted
Jun 2016 -    Signed Jake Kean, Almen Abdi, Urby Emanuelson, Morgan Fox
Jul 2016 -    Lewis McGugan frozen out
Jul 2016 -    Stripes ditched from the shirt. Fans not consulted. Replica kits not for sale until after season has started.
Jul 2016 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £395 to £415
Jul 2016 -    Membership price up from £30 to £50
Aug 2016 -    Bizarre squad numbering announced
Sep 2016 -    Golden elephants placed outside of South Stand for good luck
Oct 2016 -    Two minutes silence for the recently deceased King of Thailand
Nov 2016 -    Puts CHANSIRI in place of SWFC on the North Stand seats
May 2017 -    Losses of £20m announced
May 2017 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 16/17 season - up from £31.11 to £33.26
Jun 2017 -    Signed Jordan Rhodes, George Boyd, Joost van Aken, Joey Pelupessy
Jul 2017 -    Season ticket prices - cheapest Kop adult up from £415 to £455
Jul 2017 -    George Hirst frozen out. Leaves for free.
Jul 2017 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2017 -    Club1867 announced. A bronze plaque for £1,500, with a 'free' 3-year season ticket upon promotion to PL
Aug 2017 -    DTaxis and Elev8 announced as kit sponsors
Sep 2017 -    Cakeball
Jan 2018 -    Jos Luhukay appointed manager
Jan 2018 -    Katrien Meire appointed CEO
Feb 2018 -    Fans polled regarding ticket prices and squad investment. 70% voted for ticket prices and squad investment to stay at current levels, 30% voted for lower ticket prices and promotion of youth players
Mar 2018 -    Losses of £21m announced
Apr 2018 -    Sean Clare frozen out over contract dispute. Leaves for free
Jul 2018 -    Membership price up from £50 to £90
Jul 2018 -    Replica kits not for sale until after season has started
Aug 2018 -    No pre-season player signings for first time since pre-WWII. Youth players promoted into the first team squad
Aug 2018 -    Banned BBC Radio Sheffield from covering games, charging fans £4.50 a month to sign up to club radio instead
Aug 2018 -    Fans told that a transfer embargo has been lifted, having not been told we were in one to start with
Feb 2019 -    Katrien Meire leaves the club
Jul 2019 -    Profit of £2.5m announced, helped by the sale of the ground to Chansiri for £60m
Nov 2019 -    Charged by EFL over ground sale being included in the wrong set of accounts in order to escape P&S rules
Jan 2020 -    Unveiling of 10 year season tickets
Jul 2020 -    Finished 16th in Championship, three places lower than when Chansiri took over
Jul 2020 -    Average price of cheapest POTG ticket over 19/20 season - highest in club history - £33.33
Jul 2020 -    Deducted 12 points over sale of ground

This is the basic skeleton of a more indepth / detailed one that could be put together

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop