Adam Reach

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

At the start of the season apart from Iorfa he was the only player we had who we could get any kind of decent money for. He will have no problems finding another club from mid table up to ones expected to be in the playoffs and he will play on the left for 95% of his time there. 

I think he’ll thrive playing for a normal team that doesn’t have Bannan in the middle of park and taking all set plays. He’ll no doubt join a team where they have centermids who tackle, win the ball, pass out wide, make runs into the box..... 

He’ll contribute 15 goals/assists next year and we’ll be left with Bannan gifting freedom of the city to opposition while playing long / backward balls over and over! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Don’t be shocked when Adam Reach moves to another Championship club and hits the ground running when he’s played as a winger. 

He’s utterly wasted playing a CM. He offers nothing, his best asset is his crossing. 

He has 3 assists to his name this season...

1. Windass v Norwich - Unreal cross from left

2. Paterson v Reading - Cross from left

3. OG v QPR - Cross from left

6 assists last season...

1. Nuhiu v Leeds - Cut back from the left

2. Rhodes v Forest - Great cross from the right

3. Nuhiu v Charlton - Cross from left

4. Luongo v Wigan - Pull back from the right

5. Fletcher v Boro - Cross from right side

3 assists from the right last season?

Takes away a lot of the excuses made for him doesn’t it.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

3 assists from the right last season?

Takes away a lot of the excuses made for him doesn’t it.

Yes and no I guess. He had a strange roll last night of defending the right hand side without the ball but when in possession he and Kachunga instantly come inside and both play a sort of number 10 role. 

I feel for Reach myself. One week he’s played LWB, week after he’s a CM, after that on the wing, then ends up as a number 10 and even on occasions this season under Monk played RWB and ST. 

I’m just stating that any good Adam Reach seems to produce comes from playing out wide and letting him put crosses in. 

0_GettyImages-1228881794.jpg

Time to put this to bed with a bit of honest chat

Adam Reach

Left winger 
Most effective when putting in early crosses

Doesn't / can't tackle
Will never tackle and never be able to tackle

Plays horrifically bad in any other position to the point where it's just filling a shirt with him if he's selected to play anywhere other than the left wing

He should never ever be selected to play in any other position than left wing/midfield - if he can't play there he shouldn't be picked to play full stop

Now...

If you're a fan who knows the above and slags Reach off when he plays in any other position, or slags him off because he doesn't tackle then YOU are the problem not Adam Reach

Also

Adam Reach doesn't select himself. If he's being selected in other positions over other players by managers then that's an issue with the managers tactics/selection and not the player

AND

If you think Adam Reach is suddenly going to tackle hard, or you think Adam Reach might suddenly turn into some amazing central midfielder then YOU are the problem not Adam Reach

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Don’t be shocked when Adam Reach moves to another Championship club and hits the ground running when he’s played as a winger. 

He’s utterly wasted playing a CM. He offers nothing, his best asset is his crossing. 

He has 3 assists to his name this season...

1. Windass v Norwich - Unreal cross from left

2. Paterson v Reading - Cross from left

3. OG v QPR - Cross from left

6 assists last season...

1. Nuhiu v Leeds - Cut back from the left

2. Rhodes v Forest - Great cross from the right

3. Nuhiu v Charlton - Cross from left

4. Luongo v Wigan - Pull back from the right

5. Fletcher v Boro - Cross from right side

I feel for Reach. We’ve wasted his potential hugely by playing him here there and everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Adam Reach

Left winger

Doesn't / can't tackle

Plays horrifically bad in any other position to the point where it's just filling a shirt with him if he's selected to play anywhere other than the left wing

Now...

If you're a fan who knows the above and slags Reach off when he plays in any other position, or slags him off because he doesn't tackle then YOU are the problem not Adam Reach

Also

Adam Reach doesn't select himself. If he's being selected in other positions over other players by managers then that's an issue with the managers tactics/selection and not the player

AND

If you think Adam Reach is suddenly going to tackle hard, or you think Adam Reach might suddenly turn into some amazing central midfielder then YOU are the problem not Adam Reach

Half of Adam Reachs’ assists last season came from the right hand side.

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Half of Adam Reachs’ assists last season came from the right hand side.

I'm not engaging with you any more on this topic

I've said my piece

You've clearly not understood it

(or football)

Have a top day mate

Enjoy your thread where you just ignore all the facts put to you and reply with 'yeah but I think he's rubbish' ♥️

Owlstalk Shop

Sadly players who are leaving at the end of the season will be doing all they can to stay injury free. Don’t expect people dying for the cause sadly.

Reach has been poor. A shadow of his former self. Probably due to a number of reasons.

just sums up where we are as a club really. He will go to another championship team and flourish sadly

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not engaging with you any more on this topic

I've said my piece

You've clearly not understood it

(or football)

Adam Reach is 100% ineffective unless played as a left winger. Yet half of last season’s assists came from the right hand side.

9CA8EED8-2703-41FD-805B-146F1DA33870.jpeg

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Adam Reach

Left winger

Doesn't / can't tackle

Now...

Also

AND

Agreed. Problem is he scored a few wonder goals in a bit of a freak spell cutting in from the right. Gave people the illusion this was actually his best position.

It’s not and never has been. A few wonder strikes should not have changed the fact he is best playing on the left.

• Like 2

The real problem is we've had so many short term managers who want to play different systems. They try to shoehorn players into this position or that position and it doesn't work. We  need a system and then to buy players to fit it. If the manager changes bring in ones who will fit our system.

Square pegs in round holes, doesn't work. We've proved it.

Scattergun manager appointments, scattergun player signings will get us relegated. It probably already has.