Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Reach won't struggle getting into any championship team.

 

Time and time again he's produced on the left but managers insist on putting square pegs in round holes and playing him CM.

 

He's wasted his career here, he should've gone when Southampton were rumored to be in for him, he'd have settled in the prem.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I bet reach has a superb season next year playing for a top championship club. He’ll look back on his time here as a mistake. Being misused by almost every manager, being asked to play almost every outfield position, being underrated by his own fans who hero worship Bannan who averages less assists per 90 mins despite taking all the set pieces. 

Bit like Fox? Read something on Twitter the other day from Stoke fans mainly about Fletcher. They couldn't believe they'd got them both as free transfers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, darra said:

Bit like Fox? Read something on Twitter the other day from Stoke fans mainly about Fletcher. They couldn't believe they'd got them both as free transfers.


Fox is a hard working pro but doesn’t have the Talent Reach has. Despite Reach being shifted from pillar to post he still averages more assists than any other player per 90mins of play. He’s scored more than any midfielders since he came here too. If he took the free kicks and corners maybe we’d hero worship him instead of captain combover. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Reach won't struggle getting into any championship team.

 

Time and time again he's produced on the left but managers insist on putting square pegs in round holes and playing him CM.

 

He's wasted his career here, he should've gone when Southampton were rumored to be in for him, he'd have settled in the prem.

He wouldn’t get in any top ten championship team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Philb125 said:


Fox is a hard working pro but doesn’t have the Talent Reach has. Despite Reach being shifted from pillar to post he still averages more assists than any other player per 90mins of play. He’s scored more than any midfielders since he came here too. If he took the free kicks and corners maybe we’d hero worship him instead of captain combover. 

Harris has more assists and less game time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Reach won't struggle getting into any championship team.

 

Time and time again he's produced on the left but managers insist on putting square pegs in round holes and playing him CM.

 

He's wasted his career here, he should've gone when Southampton were rumored to be in for him, he'd have settled in the prem.


Just after Carlos left he said we’d turned down 9 million for reach. We’ll see him produce at his next club and likely earn a transfer that will surprise many on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emilianenko said:

Harris has more assists and less game time.


Do you have their overall stats since they’ve both been here? I’m talking more than just this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a different angle, when bazza along with all the quality crocks where on the golf course injured under jos. 

Adam reach was a totally different player. He created things, got involved far more and was our focal point which attacks came through more often than not. 

He raised his game. 

I'm looking at it and coming to the conclusion even playing in his preferred role wide left he just dosent take any responsibility or apply himself enough when bazza is playing. 

His best spell in all his 3/4 years he's been here is when he wasn't in the same team as bazza. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Average footballer that is replaceable

 

What does he actually bring to the team?

 

He doesn't have the attributes to make a good winger which is why we see him play inside so much

He isn't quick enough or agile enough he rarely takes on a man, complete lack on confidence in himself to do so

 

Rather see us have a flair player out there someone willing to be direct and get at players 

 

We've had similar players if not better players that we have picked up on a free (Ross Wallace springs to mind)
There's also more efficient wingers in League 1 that would provide us as fans more entertainment and offer more of a attacking threat

 

Mallik Wilks at Hull - Left footer 14 goals in 28 appearances for Hull this season can play lw rw even played cf (Played well at Barnsley they signed him from Leeds and then let him go to Hull - problems with attitude more than application)

Siriki Dembele at Peterborough - 24 games 5 goals 8 assists played as a forward a lot this season but can play on the wings - right footed (Contract up at the end of season)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Emilianenko absolutely spaffing all over his own knuckles with delight that this thread has been taken seriously

Do you think he played well last night?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emilianenko said:

Do you think he played well last night?

 

*sigh*

I've already educated  you on this point

 

No - I don't

Do you think he should have been played on the right hand side of central midfield?

Do you think a left footed player who's proven to be 100% ineffective in central midfield would play well when played on the right side of central midfield?

 

I'm not sure why people are taking you seriously - this thread is the equivalent of slagging Westwood off if Thompson had played him up front and he'd not scored

  • Like 3

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Harris has more assists and less game time.


Reach 194 games, 19 goals, 30 assists

Harris 70 games, 3 goals, 7 assists

Bannan 223 games, 11 goals, 35 assists

 

Harris isn’t really comparable. 
 

Bannan, who is hero worshipped has produced less than a player who’s been played at LB, RB, LWB, RWB, LW, RW, CM, CF. Bannan also gets to take all the set plays. 
 

A goal/assist every 4 games is not a bad return. I only wish we had two of him. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

*sigh*

I've already educated  you on this point

 

No - I don't

Do you think he should have been played on the right hand side of central midfield?

Do you think a left footed player who's proven to be 100% ineffective in central midfield would play well when played on the right side of central midfield?

 

I'm not sure why people are taking you seriously - this thread is the equivalent of slagging Westwood off if Thompson had played him up front and he'd not scored

So you agree he was invisible last night.

Hes had some of his best games and scored some of his best goals from the right.Hardly 100% ineffective. More like an excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:


Reach 194 games, 19 goals, 30 assists

Harris 70 games, 3 goals, 7 assists

Bannan 223 games, 11 goals, 35 assists

 

Harris isn’t really comparable. 
 

Bannan, who is hero worshipped has produced less than a player who’s been played at LB, RB, LWB, RWB, LW, RW, CM, CF. Bannan also gets to take all the set plays. 
 

A goal/assist every 4 games is not a bad return. I only wish we had two of him. 

This season Harris has 3 assists, Bannan 4 and Reach 2. Totally in agreement over Bannan with you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He wouldn’t get in any top ten championship team.


He’d get in every one of them left winger.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

This season Harris has 3 assists, Bannan 4 and Reach 2. Totally in agreement over Bannan with you.


So what you’re saying is Reach has been phenomenal in previous seasons and this season is bringing his average down so he’s only marginally in front of the others overall? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t be shocked when Adam Reach moves to another Championship club and hits the ground running when he’s played as a winger. 
 

He’s utterly wasted playing a CM. He offers nothing, his best asset is his crossing. 
 

He has 3 assists to his name this season...


1. Windass v Norwich - Unreal cross from left

2. Paterson v Reading - Cross from left

3. OG v QPR - Cross from left


6 assists last season...

1. Nuhiu v Leeds - Cut back from the left

2. Rhodes v Forest - Great cross from the right

3. Nuhiu v Charlton - Cross from left

4. Luongo v Wigan - Pull back from the right

5. Fletcher v Boro - Cross from right side


 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:


Reach 194 games, 19 goals, 30 assists

Harris 70 games, 3 goals, 7 assists

Bannan 223 games, 11 goals, 35 assists

 

Harris isn’t really comparable. 
 

Bannan, who is hero worshipped has produced less than a player who’s been played at LB, RB, LWB, RWB, LW, RW, CM, CF. Bannan also gets to take all the set plays. 
 

A goal/assist every 4 games is not a bad return. I only wish we had two of him. 

At the start of the season apart from Iorfa he was the only player we had who we could get any kind of decent money for. He will have no problems finding another club from mid table up to ones expected to be in the playoffs and he will play on the left for 95% of his time there. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...