Adam Reach

Very very inconsistent player, he is ok of given room on the left to ping crosses in. As soon as he gets tightly marked and a few tackles come in he Goes very quite.

He has a good engine but marks space and points rather than tracking a player.

He very rarely gets in the box to supplement the forwards which leaves us short attacking wise.

Dont think he will shine elsewhere, take a look at Murphy who is miles better than Reach and he can't hold down a place for a Newcastle.

Lower championship at best.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

I do hate him!

Pathetic excuse for a player!

Strange opinion. 

10 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I bet reach has a superb season next year playing for a top championship club. He’ll look back on his time here as a mistake. Being misused by almost every manager, being asked to play almost every outfield position, being underrated by his own fans who hero worship Bannan who averages less assists per 90 mins despite taking all the set pieces. 

This ^

This again ^
Close the thread and everybody read this ^

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Dont think he will shine elsewhere, take a look at Murphy who is miles better than Reach and he can't hold down a place for a Newcastle.

Also take a look at another attacking player who also plays in a negative defensive team IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE to prove my point

Reyt

Edited by Gob_Bluth

13 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

And your point is ?

A bit like playing Jordan Rhodes as a lone striker pinging balls to his head all night, shoe horning Murphy or Reach at wing back and asking them to be defensive, isn't a good use of their skills.

Murphy and Reach with license to attack would be great for any club in this division

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Out of contract. Knows he won’t be here next season. Going through the motions.

Not surprising really.

Not surprising but completely unprofessional he’s downed tools 

I’ve seen many times where players contracts are up and they still give 100% 

One that springs to mind is Pedro, who ran himself into the ground for Chelsea before joining Roma and picked up an injury for his troubles 

It’s just not something you do, you should always remain professional. 

Unwritten rule 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

A bit like playing Jordan Rhodes as a lone striker pinging balls to his head all night, shoe horning Murphy or Reach at wing back and asking them to be defensive, isn't a good use of their skills.

Murphy and Reach with license to attack would be great for any club in this division

That's better it's not that hard to put an opinion rather than shouting at someone who has a different opinion to you.

You missed the point I was making. Murphy would be good in this division we saw that last season where as I don't think Reach is for the reasons I put in my original post.

Murphy did his fair share of tracking back and scored 9 goals in 39appearances. Reach has scored 19 in 195 appearances.

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s got a half decent left peg, that’s literally about it 

Players like Reach couldn’t lace Ross Wallace’s boots 

Wallace’s most productive season for us; 15/16 - 6 Goals + 8 Assists = 14 goal involvements 

Reach’s most productive seasons for us;

17/18 - 4 Goals + 11 Assists = 15 goal involvements 

&

18/19 - 8 Goals + 7 Assists = 15 goal involvements 

Not taking anything away from how good Ross Wallace was for us, brilliant player and a great bit of business. But the opinion that Reach hasn’t been valuable or replaced the quality Wallace had is just very wrong. The real issue is we have lacked a quality player from the left and the right at the same time. 

More importantly, Reach’s best seasons were during periods when we were missing key players like FF, Hooper, Lee and under poor managers. Almost all our players had their best career seasons under CC during that first season before Reach was even at the club...

• Like 3

I will be unbelievably interested to see where Reach goes after this season and how he plays when he gets there! Normally I don’t give a monkeys but Reach is such a polarising player it will be something I will follow. 

As for him at the moment. If he plays on the left he’s ok. He plays anywhere else he’s anonymous. Play him on the left or don’t play him at all. 

• Like 3