Adam Reach

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The encouraging spell being the games he played on the left

It's been one of the most frustrating things about his entire spell at the club. What, 3, 4 years he's been here.

They've all thrown him all over the park. 

Must be approaching 200 games.

I'll bet the ones on the left have barely made it into double figures.

How many other clubs would spend that large-a-fee on a player who's clearly a left winger and mess about with them like us.

It's enough to make a cat laugh. 

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 3

It's this weird thing with the absence of Shaw leading to Adam Reach playing central midfield.

Happens every time.  As if we don't have literally anyone else with an ability to run around. Give the role to FDB, Hunt, Windass - bloody anyone.

Just don't stick Reach in there and expect anything good to happen.

Crap every time.

He's a winger, or if playing wing backs, play him as a wing back.  He's a really decent wide player. Nothing else. 

Sorry, but its bloody awful management from Thompson.

Edited by davey_wells
  • Like 2

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

It's been one of the most frustrating things about his entire spell at the club. What, 3, 4 years he's been here.

They're all thrown him all over the park. 

Must be approaching 200 games.

I'll bet the ones on the left have barely made it into double figures.

How many other clubs would spend that large-a-fee on a player who's clearly a left winger and mess about with them like us.

It's enough to make a cat laugh. 

Sure that when he leaves on a free the new club will have signed him to play wide left. Not a centre mid ,not a right sided midfielder, not a centre forward , not a 10 , just plain and simple wide left. Pity manager after manager here has never worked that out.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Round pegs in round holes, square pegs in square holes Simples....

Not as if players are restricted to where they can go on the pitch though is it. They can use their initiative and common sense (well maybe ours can’t!) and communicate with each other to swap over...

• Haha 1

It really doesn’t matter what position Reach plays in, he always bottles tackles. What also infuriates me is the amount of times once in possession he’s looking to play the ball backwards, he has the ability to play the give and go but very rarely does he use it. 

Also if you watch Reach closely it’s amazing how often in a game he gives away possession cheaply. 

Reach will occasionally put in a decent cross and will occasionally score a cracker from outside of the box but for me his indiscretions far outweigh his positives. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

Not as if players are restricted to where they can go on the pitch though is it. They can use their initiative and common sense (well maybe ours can’t!) and communicate with each other to swap over...

Play players in their best positions usually works out best in any team sport. Reach has been forced into every role apart from goalie. It has been a criminal waste of his talent and not beneficial to results.

Read this whole thread and I can’t believe people stick up for him. He’s awful. 
We all know his weaknesses, but I personally can’t stand it when he’s in an attacking position out on the wing and doesn’t go for it. He constantly checks back and takes the easy option. 
that’s my issue with him, no desire to take a risk, so easy to defend against. 

He’s been poor for years now, not just months, can’t wait till he’s gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mancowl08 said:

Read this whole thread and I can’t believe people stick up for him. He’s awful. 
We all know his weaknesses, but I personally can’t stand it when he’s in an attacking position out on the wing and doesn’t go for it. He constantly checks back and takes the easy option. 
that’s my issue with him, no desire to take a risk, so easy to defend against. 

He’s been poor for years now, not just months, can’t wait till he’s gone. 

Has anyone ever seen him win a header or a tackle. Neshes every one.

• Like 1