Adam Reach

Just now, Holmowl said:

Starts right mid. Hopeless.

Kachunga starts right mid. Hopeless.

Attacking threat. Hopeless.

29th minute. Finds himself left. Puts over the only cross of the half.

Second half, starts left mid. 10 minutes in puts in a great cross. Goalie fumbles.

11 minutes in subbed for right footed CM.

Absolute travesty of management.

Nailed it 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Reach is the sort of player that you could see going to another team in the same division, in an attacking side that plays a system that suits him and him doing very well for them. 

I would be prepared to wager a considerable amount on this eventuality. Nailed on. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone attacking Reach when he got announced to play on the right side of central midfield obviously just hates Adam Reach

ooh I know who’d have thought a modern footballer being asked to play in different positions and use both his feet whilst trying his best.......

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Reach is the sort of player that you could see going to another team in the same division, in an attacking side that plays a system that suits him and him doing very well for them. 

Just like the many, many more before him...........

Edited by GMOwl72
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Petter Rudi Reincarnated.

I do remember Rudi actually winning some headers, I'm sure reach shuts his eyes whilst ducking. Watching him mince about the pitch, is like watching a kid that's just been smashed in the face by a volleyed thunderbolt who's then being shoved in goal. lol

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist

And we are relying on the likes of reach and Izzy brown to save our skin...reach has done ok for us over the years but shunt be in the squad ..his time here is over..starting tonight

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

ooh I know who’d have thought a modern footballer being asked to play in different positions and use both his feet whilst trying his best.......

I agree with you on the effort element, its a non-negotiable. However, we need to be realistic, at our level the majority of footballers are not capable of being effective in a multitude of positions and being adept with both feet. We should be realistic. 

37 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I bet reach has a superb season next year playing for a top championship club. He’ll look back on his time here as a mistake. Being misused by almost every manager, being asked to play almost every outfield position, being underrated by his own fans who hero worship Bannan who averages less assists per 90 mins despite taking all the set pieces. 

The only reason he’ll look better is because he’s playing in a better team. Personally sick of Reach to be honest with you. You can debate all you want about being misused, but he’s had prolonged periods in each position and when you sum it all up he just doesn’t cut the mustard, as with the rest of em 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1) Adam Reach is a horrendous central midfielder 

2) Point 1 is why Adam Reach can’t be criticised for being played in central midfield 

I remember someone in his family being on social media a few years ago and they slammed SWFC for messing his position around etc 

Well 3 years on, we’ve done exactly that all through his career with us ever since and I think it’s completely held him back. 

I mean Centre mid and up front FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I agree with you on the effort element, its a non-negotiable. However, we need to be realistic, at our level the majority of footballers are not capable of being effective in a multitude of positions and being adept with both feet. We should be realistic. 

Tier 2 professional footballers? I’ve got under 9s who can dribble, pass, shoot with both feet. Players have plenty of time to practice and improve ........ if they want to!

• Like 1

Just now, GMOwl72 said:

Tier 2 professional footballers? I’ve got under 9s who can dribble, pass, shoot with both feet. Players have plenty of time to practice and improve ........ if they want to!

You've probably been watching us too long but Champ football is a little pacier than U9's........although I'll accept there's no excuse for not wanting to improve.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bolton9owl said:

He’s living on the past- today he needs to go - period 

Step forward our left-footed improvement.....

Hello.......

Hello.....

Anyone there......

Edited by Holmowl