Adam Reach

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And is being played in central midfield

Last night he was even played on the right side of centre midfield

He’s played a tiny amount of games in CM

I’m talking about seeing him first hand, on the left wing, being unable to beat his man 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Oh cmon. Waddle had an array of talent with different attributes. 

He didn’t just have a decent left foot 

I thought it was Reaches demeanour that irritated you? Not his output as clearly that’s indisputable. I get it. You just don’t like him. Probably would prefer JJ. Cult hero here, let me look up JJ contribution stats see if he’s close to Reach.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

He’s played a tiny amount of games in CM

I’m talking about seeing him first hand, on the left wing, being unable to beat his man 

He shouldn't be beating men and getting to the byline to float in a cross that gives their defence time to get everyone back so we just have Jordan Rhodes vs 10 defenders

He needs to whip in early crosses the second he gets the ball, so the ball drops behind their defence, for our strikers to run onto

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Philb125 said:

I thought it was Reaches demeanour that irritated you? Not his output as clearly that’s indisputable. I get it. You just don’t like him. Probably would prefer JJ. Cult hero here, let me look up JJ contribution stats see if he’s close to Reach.

I’m agreeing with you, why are you trying to start an argument 

Up until you threw in the stupid comparison of Waddle, who had more talent in his pinky finger and could afford to not track back

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

But I’m not having a go at Reach for not tracking back?

Just for not playing in a certain style, whilst being the most productive midfielder at club. 

For comparison, Reach contributes 50% more in terms of goals / assists as JJ did. Despite only 1/3 of his games played  in LW. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

The left footed Waddle who played on the right?

Reach in playing every position asked of him IS undeniably better than any other midfielder at the club if measured by contribution of goals and assists. 

Could he have been better, playing just one or two positions? Maybe. Was he still our most productive player despite that, absolutely. 

I’m not sure if he had a three way with your mrs and mrsFreshOwl but for what ever reason you clearly have something against our most creative source of goals from open play. 

• Love 1

Reach undoubtedly has talent and as a cultured left foot. Unfortunately for him the football he plays was 20 years ago, today is all about power and pace. Look at the top teams in our league Norwich, Swansea and Brentford all play with pace and power, do people see Reach in those teams? My opinion at the time he signed he wasn't a player needed and 5 years on he's still not the player we need, we needed a Johnson/Antonio( and we still do).  I'm not convinced Waddle would have the same impact in today's football, back to Reach I have no doubt he will get another team as a free he will be a low risk gamble for someone, but I don't see him in a promotion chasing team maybe a team like preston, millwall or QPR, good luck to him no hard feelings just the wrong player at the wrong time, but that sums up Wednesday's recruitment in a nutshell 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bubbleowl said:

Reach undoubtedly has talent and as a cultured left foot. Unfortunately for him the football he plays was 20 years ago, today is all about power and pace. Look at the top teams in our league Norwich, Swansea and Brentford all play with pace and power, do people see Reach in those teams? My opinion at the time he signed he wasn't a player needed and 5 years on he's still not the player we need, we needed a Johnson/Antonio( and we still do).  I'm not convinced Waddle would have the same impact in today's football, back to Reach I have no doubt he will get another team as a free he will be a low risk gamble for someone, but I don't see him in a promotion chasing team maybe a team like preston, millwall or QPR, good luck to him no hard feelings just the wrong player at the wrong time, but that sums up Wednesday's recruitment in a nutshell 

We turned down 9m for him in his prime. He delivers a goal or assist more often than Todd Cantrell at Norwich (who I think is probably best LM in league) he contributes more than JJ and Antonio did.... admittedly he doesn’t run as quick as they did. But luckily games are won with goals not 100m dash.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

We turned down 9m for him in his prime. He delivers a goal or assist more often than Todd Cantrell at Norwich (who I think is probably best LM in league) he contributes more than JJ and Antonio did.... admittedly he doesn’t run as quick as they did. But luckily games are won with goals not 100m dash.  

Out of interest why do you consider Cantwell best LM n league?