Thompson on Brentford result

33 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

The bloke, regardless of how loyal and nice he is happens to be a paid employee by SWFC to be a coach. He has been at the club years. If he is unable to fathom out that playing Jordan Rhodes up top on his own and then getting our keeper to boot it up to his head, then I am sorry, he is IMO in the wrong job.

Why should he be exempt from criticism?

His job is to coach our players to try and win football matches!!!!

I dont think Thompson is only manager/ coach over last 5-6 years who cant get Rhodes scoring regularly.

Think Rhodes problems are more down to Rhodes then who is coach.

Thompson bought DC time by having a good run of wins. It gave DC an opportunity to not bring in someone else. I said at the time, what's going to happen when we hit a bad patch, is DC going to bring in someone else who will have no time to have an impact? It doesn't look like it, Thompsons got the gig until the end of the season. It's sink or swim and it looks like it's going to be sink. Maybe in reality we would have been better without the good run. Short term pain for long term game. Not Thompsons problem he did great to start with.

I don't get why DC was only wanting a manager until the end of the season. The obvious reason would be someone is buying him out at the end of the season once they know what league we are in. We can but hope but it's quite easy to draw up a contract which  assumes relegation but has a clause for a bonus payment if we stay up. It's not certain by any means that a deal if in the background.

It could be he's got to wait for a particular manager who will join at the end of the season.

I can't imagine a top manager taking us on now until the end of the season.

It's a mess.

Thompson can be excused for large parts of the situation he has found himself in, absolutely in agreement on that.

But we’re talking about simple tactics, playing people in their right position 

Hutch not in midfield

Reach not in CM

Our top scorer not on the bench 

Explain how he can be excused from all that? 

That’s my only gripe, everything else is unfortunate circumstances 

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
22 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

This....In the last 3 games we've played teams on bad runs, devoid of confidence. We should have been at them from the start, not let them settle.

Then when things aren't working in an attacking sense, are slow to make changes. He should have changed things at half time, taken off the ineffectual Kachunga for Paterson and brought others on. He's got 5 subs, use them, shake things up, not plod on doing the same thing until it's too late.

Like someone else as eluded to... It's like we are protecting a narrow defeat!!

Just now, Guesswhosback said:

Jack Stobbs told me obvious still as pals at the club. 

So what you're saying is DC picks the team, the bench, and then what ?

Does he select the formation, indicate the substitutions to be used and give the pre match instructions to be delivered to the players?

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

So what you're saying is DC picks the team, the bench, and then what ?

Does he select the formation, indicate the substitutions to be used and give the pre match instructions to be delivered to the players?

Next you're gonna tell us that Chansiri has never gone into the dressing room to do prematch team talks

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Like someone else as eluded to... It's like we are protecting a narrow defeat!!

Thought that last night...i think thommo and bully would have been delighted with a 1-0 loss..bizzare

Seems like a decent guy but way way short of being a decent Championship manager.

I find it hugely dispiriting that Chansirio is just letting relegation happen with no manager in charge:

FreshOwl hits the maiul on the head:

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Thompson can be excused for large parts of the situation he has found himself in, absolutely in agreement on that.

But we’re talking about simple tactics, playing people in their right position 

Hutch not in midfield

Reach not in CM

Our top scorer not on the bench 

Explain how he can be excused from all that? 

That’s my only gripe, everything else is unfortunate circumstances