Thompson on Brentford result

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

53131755-016D-403B-B130-E1A479C0FE15.jpeg

Thats worrying in every conceivable way 

I bet you can find that exact same quote from after games under Monk and Pulis. 

They can shout all they want in the dressing room, it’s just lip service. Does nothing to affect football matches.

The only hope I see and it’s only slight is that the players suddenly see that they’re playing for there futures. Not here but elsewhere. Loads of players out of contract around the country and not much money in the lower leagues. There in the shop window and not alone. That and where only 1 win from safety.

Still think we’re doomed though. 

20 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Absolutely spot on. If I were coaching Wildsmith, I would hire 10 rugby forwards. I would then ping crosses to the penalty spot and make Wildsmith come out and catch it, while the rugby lads walloped him. Then I’d make him do it again and again until he worked out a method of dealing with it. Every session, every day, every week......

11 minutes ago, Steve1212 said:

To be fair you would probably also have to hire someone to put a cross into the box.. 

Chansiri will be on the phone to Joe Biden's advisors as we speak..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What would I do? Appoint a manager. We’ve been without one for 11 weeks.

lol

Perhaps we should save money and just not have a manager. I mean to say, if they aren't having any input on what happens with the squad anyway other than picking the team. What's to lose.

Just have the kitman throw the bag with the shirts in the middle of the dressing room floor on a Saturday afternoon and let the players just grab whichever one they fancy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Perhaps we should save money and just not have a manager. I mean to say, if they aren't having any input on what happens with the squad anyway other than picking the team. What's to lose.

Just have the kitman throw the bag with the shirts in the middle of the dressing room floor on a Saturday afternoon and let the players just grab whichever one they fancy. 

Ask a parent to do it.......

I firmly believe we have a skill set to get out of this mess (Just) as seen in February. The problem is the absentee chairman who's absence is draining the team of it's spine by virtue of the fact they don't have a clue what is going on.

There is only one place that spineless performances will take us !  

• Like 1

I'm not going to get on Thompson back here, he's not asked for this and he's a really nice bloke, what could he say when DC put him in the corner ffs, he's not up to the job but he did okay in the first few games that he expected to be in charge of ...now it seems no one knows what's happening including Chansiri.

Its clear he can't do this job but ffs where just seen a few managers in the past few weeks go to clubs we could have possibly got ...what's happening?

• Like 1

Can it also be pointed out that it wouldn't be the first time these spineless charlatans have thrown one of their "mates" under the bus. 

Wind back to last season when Bully looked like had might have a chance of getting the job (whether people agreed with it or not) and the players produce several dismal displays to pretty much ensure he had no chance. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

For those criticising Thompson in ANY shape or form..

Imagine you work for a hotel. Occasionally check people in and work behind the bar. That’s your usual day to day. 

The hotel owner sacks the hotel manager.

The hotel owner then comes to you and says ‘look I’ve sacked the hotel manager, I need you to run the hotel until I find the right person to come in and replace the guy I just sacked. By the way no one else in the hotel can do this, we haven’t got the staff so if you don’t do this for me we’re screwed. Oh yeah and you’re going to get paid the same amount as you do for working behind the bar.’

You let the hotel owner know that you have zero experience managing a hotel. You also remind the hotel owner that customers are currently really unhappy. The hotel is failing, the rooms stink of wee, customers are leaving bad trip adviser reviews, the lifts don’t work and you can’t attract any staff because they all want to work for the shiny nice hotel down the road.

The owner says ‘yeah sorry about that. Also we have no money to improve all those things you mentioned. Good luck!’. Owner puts phone down and gives you no timescale for when the new manager will come in.

And then people get angry at the interim hotel manager who has never managed a hotel in his life, doing a job forced upon him with absolutely no support.

How is that fair? 

*got a bit carried away with the analogy*

tenor.gif

Rhyl Premier Inn? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Thompson is a yes man 

DC's kind of bloke 

Him and bullen ain't got a set between um 

What exactly are you expecting them to do?

If seasoned managers who have been in the business years can't turn this ship around why do you expect backroom staff and academy coaches to stick their neck out to invite the chop from our esteemed dictator in chief.

I doubt very much they have the same contract protections as the managers who have come and gone recently.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Granted he’s been thrown in at the deep end but he’s now starting to drown.

He finds himself in the same position as some of his predecessors. It doesn’t matter what he tries, it doesn’t work.

Personally I think if he’s going to stay in charge, he might as well look beyond the 15 or 16 he constantly selects on a matchday.

We’re going down anyway so he might as well try something different. Chuck Hagan in. Give Hunt an extended run. Try some young players who haven’t had a taste of first team football. What have we got to lose apart from our championship status which we are going to lose should he keep the status quo.

If he’s not prepared to do something different then he should go to the Chairman and ask to step down as caretaker as this is like a death of a thousand cuts.

That's the longest "gi' kids a go" post I've ever seen. Well played at trying to flesh out such a weary and worn out cliché.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What exactly are you expecting them to do?

If seasoned managers who have been in the business years can't turn this ship around why do you expect backroom staff and academy coaches to stick their neck out to invite the chop from our esteemed dictator in chief.

I doubt very much they have the same contract protections as the managers who have come and gone recently.

Proving my point,just yes men