Thompson on Brentford result

What the flip do our coaches do with the players in between games?

Every game it’s the same old dross as though they expect a different outcome.
Why isn’t the goalie coach telling wildsmith to command his area?

The set piece coach must have been smack for three years and looking at the half time stats who the heck said yeah just keep lumping it long boys? 

• Like 2

Calling for Thompson to step aside is just daft - what, so we can have another caretaker try and dig us out while DC is conspicuous only by his absence? 

Thommo is doing the exact right thing by getting his head down and trying to work out how to get us the points required to stay up. The fact that those above him seem completely disinterested is a disgrace, but it's nothing new.

• Like 5

This is not Thompson’s fault, watching that was like watching a set of geriatric walking footballers who are injured.

He’s out of his depth and has sunk, if we get a new manager in who could galvanise and reorganise, feck knows who, we’d have a chance, as it stands we are doomed.

I know, sorry for staying the obvious but we are a lost cause. Petty as it seems but I hope DC has the runs and has no loo roll, gets someone to buy the cheap stuff only for it to fail and suffer loo roll finger failure. 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

What would you do then? Pick

the same team all the time and drop anyway? What’s wrong with trying something different? If it doesn’t work then fair enough but at least try to effect some sort of change because this is f***ing painful.

There isn’t a team in history who were in a relegation battle, then all of a sudden dropped their senior pros, threw in a load of u21s with no experience and stayed up. 

The recruitment sheetshow (and January nothingness) has left us in this situation with no lifeboat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How on earth is that up to Thompson?

Why direct frustration to the man who is being hung out to dry by our sorry excuse for a  chairman. 

Oh I agree Chansiri is poison, hate him for what he is doing to this club. It isn’t Thompson’s fault but I feel we have  to try something to give us any chance of staying up. Don’t you? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Oh I agree Chansiri is poison, hate him for what he is doing to this club. It isn’t Thompson’s fault but I feel we have  to try something to give us any chance of staying up. Don’t you? 

I would thank Neil Thompson tonight and let him go back to his normal job at the club tonight

IF

I could immediately replace him with someone better but more importantly someone willing to come to the club and work for this chairman

(the second bit is the sticking point at SWFC)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Managers and coaches have a duty of care to their players. “Chucking the youngsters in” is not only dumb, it goes against that duty of care. 

I wouldn’t blame NT if he just decided to walk away. The whole club is fvckered. He’s being asked to stay afloat with a metal ball chained to his legs. 

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The whole club is fvckered. He’s being asked to stay afloat with a metal ball chained to his legs. 

Izzy Brown lent it to him.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Neil Thompson is a good man who's been forced into a position because the chairman can't find a manager willing to come here 

Anyone having a pop at Thompson needs to wind their necks in a bit and appreciate the situation

Agree. We are all armchair managers and can pick fault at selection, tactics, subs etc but he isn’t the problem. 
Plus, he’s hardly holding up Chansiri bringing in Pochetino as manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I would thank Neil Thompson tonight and let him go back to his normal job at the club tonight

IF

I could immediately replace him with someone better but more importantly someone willing to come to the club and work for this chairman

(the second bit is the sticking point at SWFC)

Anyone with the personality to drag this team from the depths wouldn't be able to work with Chansiri.

Anyone with the CV or experience would know this is a dead mans job. 

That leaves Thompson to be the fall guy. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

There isn’t a team in history who were in a relegation battle, then all of a sudden dropped their senior pros, threw in a load of u21s with no experience and stayed up. 

The recruitment sheetshow (and January nothingness) has left us in this situation with no lifeboat. 

We’re not stopping up with our senior pros though, are we? I’d have more confidence if Westwood was fit but if Wildsmith or Dawson play the next 5/6 games we’re definitely f***ed.

• Like 1

Thompson and Bullen have to take some responsibility. I know they’ve been handed a difficult job that they never asked for but they are there to make the best of what they’ve got. They we’re getting results playing three at the back. This allowed us to play two forwards but also help bolster our weak midfield by picking three in the central positions.
This successfully stopped us being overrun there which had been a problem for years until Monk realised how to stop it. Why then suddenly change to 4-4-2 and move Reach from the left where he is most comfortable. 

Team selection and tactics have been woeful the last 2 games. I don’t want Thompson and Bullen fired. They should be coaching the Youth teams. It’s not too late to get an experienced manager in but it soon will be. Cook anyone? Or has he blown the chance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

We’re not stopping up with our senior pros though, are we? I’d have more confidence if Westwood was fit but if Wildsmith or Dawson play the next 5/6 games we’re definitely f***ed.

We’re under water for sure. And I agree with you on the last bit. 

Literally only hope left is Jordan Rhodes suddenly wakes up in 2015 for 5/6 games between now and the end of the season. And he’s done that once in 4 years. 

Pathetic.