Thompson on Brentford result

Granted he’s been thrown in at the deep end but he’s now starting to drown.

He finds himself in the same position as some of his predecessors. It doesn’t matter what he tries, it doesn’t work.

Personally I think if he’s going to stay in charge, he might as well look beyond the 15 or 16 he constantly selects on a matchday.

We’re going down anyway so he might as well try something different. Chuck Hagan in. Give Hunt an extended run. Try some young players who haven’t had a taste of first team football. What have we got to lose apart from our championship status which we are going to lose should he keep the status quo.

If he’s not prepared to do something different then he should go to the Chairman and ask to step down as caretaker as this is like a death of a thousand cuts.

• Like 1

We started brightly

Does he mean when, from their kick off, our players ran forwards past the ball expecting it to go back, while their player casually turned and took them out of the game, then set Brentford off on the attack with a simple forward pass to feet, setting the tone for the half?

Compared to our kick off tactics of passing it forwards, then hoofing it forwards out for a throw, 20 yards or so past the half way line?

We are a mess. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Personally I think if he’s going to stay in charge, he might as well look beyond the 15 or 16 he constantly selects on a matchday.

We’re going down anyway so he might as well try something different. Chuck Hagan in.  

*reads this*

*takes massive run up and sprints face first into a wall in a bid to make all this nonsense stop*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Whats interesting to me is that NT's relaxed manner when we were picking up decent results was a real positive. I suspect it's going to be viewed in a much more critical light now the pressure is back on. 

Bottom line for me is he did a great job steading the ship, unfortunately DC has once again mischaracterised that period.........

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2

I can’t help but feel for the guy. 

But team selection and tactics have left a lot to be desired in recent weeks. I know people will claim higher powers are picking the team, but still.

Wouldn’t blame him if the situation became that uncomfortable he stepped aside. I’d guess the lack of fans is helping with that though. 

• Like 1

I don't blame Thompson in the slightest, he's doing his best but I don't think he's the man to save us from this situation. I'm not sure if someone else (who's willing to take the job) could but I wouldn't mind us trying.

Relegation would be disaster, we're not well run enough to use it as a proper reset, DC is incapable of recognising his own myriad mistakes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

*reads this*

*takes massive run up and sprints face first into a wall in a bid to make all this nonsense stop*

What would you do then? Pick

the same team all the time and drop anyway? What’s wrong with trying something different? If it doesn’t work then fair enough but at least try to effect some sort of change because this is f***ing painful.