Ipswich/Sunderland

17 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Long road ahead, to me it looks more of a Bolton scenario.

Main reason is the ground issue, that's really going to bite us on the arse, big time.

Yep. Believe the charge against the ground (£6m?) has to be paid back in September. 

With us still waiting for ST refunds from last season, and players not being paid their wages on time, whose got confidence in him meeting this payment on time or in full...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

the downside of rebuilding .......we've done before and bounced back no reason why we cant again . 

Agreed. We will bounce back I’m sure and I don’t even mind it too much in some ways. Would have been better to just not be so crap as to have to do it though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeakOwl said:

Yep. Believe the charge against the ground (£6m?) has to be paid back in September. 

With us still waiting for ST refunds from last season, and players not being paid their wages on time, whose got confidence in him meeting this payment on time or in full...?

It's also a major factor in him being here long term, remember he owns it.

Unless he defaults on the repayment. Which would then cause major problems.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

the downside of rebuilding .......we've done before and bounced back no reason why we cant again . 

We bounced back to a position to fail again.

A dead cat bounce.

We need a plan, not a bounce.

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Agreed. We will bounce back I’m sure and I don’t even mind it too much in some ways. Would have been better to just not be so crap as to have to do it though. 

I’ve enjoyed the league one seasons in the past, the 2004/05 and 2011/12 seasons are two of the best I’ve had watching Wednesday.

But this time it feels a lot different 

• Like 3

Looks obvious we're going down. Thanks to DC's running of the club, without the embargoes, stadium ******** up and points deduction we'd be out of the bottom 3. I feared weeks ago, that not appointing Thompson or someone else would backfire, as soon as we lost a couple on the bounce the positivity of our mini run would be eroded. If we go down it's all because of DC and his chums.

I now fear that this time we could struggle in the third tier and could for the first time in our history end up in the bottom tier. How things have changed so drastically from the Wembley season, I'll never know but everything as been a shambles and a disaster ever since Wembley.

We all kept hoping year on year that DC would see sense, wake up and start being more sensible but it's not happening. Unless DC sells up, we're facing the darkest period in our clubs long history and the possibility of remaining in the lower leagues for a long time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

A real real worry is that we are 6 months away from an Ipswich or Sunderland scenario. 

Stuck in the wilderness for years, worse and worse crowds and squads deteriorating in quality, with hardly any names recogniseable to the majority of fans and lower league journeymen to boot. 

They will always be challenging though, we won't !

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Long road ahead, to me it looks more of a Bolton scenario.

Main reason is the ground issue, that's really going to bite us on the arse, big time.

This - just never felt right at the time and now likely to cause real grief.  Still, at least we managed to avoid a points deduction as a result of the ground sale!!

5 minutes ago, El Toro said:

Since Carlos left we’ve been signing League One standard players anyway (barring Iorfa) so this was inevitable. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

But you can be charged the highest prices in the league after a loaded survey and still be given dogshit investment and financial mismanagement by those trusted to run the club

• Like 1