• Harris
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Kachunga
    • Penney
    • Dele-Bashiru
    • Brown
    • Paterson

Wildsmith - 4 Made one good save and picked the ball out of the net really well. He just does not command his area at all. This has to be addressed - why does he not come from crosses?

Urhoghide - 5 Did ok. He offers a positive for the future

Palmer - 3 Not good enough, squandered possession so many times.

Lees - 6 9/10 defensively 3/10 when on the ball. His passes, even square, are always played behind the man, who has to stop in their tracks and go backwards to receive the ball

Penney - 5 Tried. Doesn’t take enough responsibility 

Reach - 3 Rightly subbed. Poor.

Harris - 4 Actually put 2 or 3 good balls in the box, but on the whole, ineffective tonight

Bannan - 6 I thought he tried hard tonight. Needs help.

Hutch - 5 Battled well, but his passing was poor tonight, often playing our players into trouble

Kachunga - 4 He got into space and ran well. Zero goal threat and not strong enough in possession. He has had a run of games now, he should be offering more

Rhodes - 3 The stats say otherwise, but I don’t think he won a header all night. Work it out ffs. If you are getting beat every time, go and stand on the touch line next to the fullback. Try something different for crying out loud. Completely ineffective.

FDB - continues to look off the pace, exemplified by his chance. Shocking challenge on him, the club should appeal the yellow.

Wildsmith - 5

Urhoghide - 6 

Palmer -  4

Lees - 5

Penney - 5

Reach - 0

Harris - 4

Bannan - 5

Hutch - 5

Kachunga - 3

Rhodes -  4

Might add some comments to the ratings later, dont want to do it now though as I might outwork the players in doing so and end up awarding myself the man of the match.

• Haha 3

Trying to pick the bones out of yet another poor performance.

Same dreadful tactics this time it was hoof to Rhodes and Katchunga as opposed to Paterson and Windass. It's really basic and with the players we have so easy to defend against.

Harsh marks for the players as I think the system stinks and does them no favours

Wildsmith.     5.        Made a couple of good saves but conceded 3 goals, not dominant.

Urgohide.       6.       Thought he did OK got caught in possession with a poor pass from Lees.

Lees.              5.        Not a leader at the back we were all over the place. Dunkley or Borner need to be in there with him. Can then concentrate on his own job which he is good at.

Palmer.          4.        Looked really slow and lazy.

Harris.           4.         Nothing came off for him, gave the ball away in dangerous positions but always looks for the ball.

Reach.           4.        Very poor doesn't want to get involved physically.

Bannan          6.        MoM. Tried to get us going particularly the first half.

Hutchinson.  5         Tried to push forward in the second half, no influence.

Penney.         5.         Poor defender one decent run, not sure what his position is.

Rhodes.        4.        No joy with the hoofball and wasn't around when the ball came into the box.

Katchunga.  4.        Like playing with 10 men.

21 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Gave it to Lees.

Couldn’t give it to Bannan due to his delivery from set pieces. I’m loath to criticise probably our best player but we had quite a few free kicks tonight in good areas and not one of them created anything near a chance. We need someone else sharing the free kicks.

We should wheel out a 47 year old Inigo Idiakez for the last 15 games. Let him stand on the centre circle for 90 minutes and just bang set pieces. Our disciplinary record  is that bad we play enough games with 10 men anyway so wouldn’t notice any difference 

I didn't watch the match, so I voted for Dele-Bashiru because there's a thread on here about him getting knackered. I figured he couldn't have been on the pitch for long enough to contribute to the result...

Wildsmith saved nothing - 3

Harris huffed and puffed but no quality - 5

Palmer really poor. Lacked composure - 4

Lees stood tall among pygmies - 7

Urhoghide rabbit in headlights but brave - 5

Penney good moving forward but atrocious delivery - 5

Hutch tried but failed - 6

Bannan ditto - 6

Reach rubbish in that role - 4

Kachunga words fail me. What is he? To be fair, he’s not a left mid. - 2

Rhodes not even fed on scraps - 4

NT I blame his boss, not him, but minus 1,000,000

What was he thinking? Reach RIGHT! Kachunga LEFT! Rhodes lone-striker!

• Like 4

I said last week that anyone like Reach who is afraid to tackle................(yes a professional footballer afraid to tackle) shouldnt be selected full stop.

I got laughed at by certain posters..................wonder if they were laughing tonight.

Awful team performance, selection and substitutions........i aint gonna name a MOM , cant be @rsed , just like Chansiri cant be @rsed naming a new manager.

One final thought , Liam Palmer...........................been in our first team squad for almost 10 years.

You know that everything is going against you when a shot that would have gone for a throw in hits there own guy perfectly on the forehead to deflect the ball in to the goal. At 1 nill we looked the better team but got sucker punched. The 3rd nobody really cares. Our problem from day 1 is we have not got 2 goals in the team. Soon as we concede its inevitable what's going to happen. Cant blame tactics or formation today.  Just lack of fire power and zero confidence. Brentford are 2nd and strange as it seems they only a player or 2 better than us. If we had scored first we would have won. I voted MOM Bannan. Everything was through him. Nobody had a stinker, nobody was brilliant. We will play worse and win on another day. The game emphasises the championship this season. Very little difference between top and bottom teams in ability. The successful teams are the ones who can sustain a run of good results and play with confidence and a higher moral. If we had a Toney equivalent we could have been up there by now with Norwich

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I said last week that anyone like Reach who is afraid to tackle................(yes a professional footballer afraid to tackle) shouldnt be selected full stop.

I got laughed at by certain posters..................wonder if they were laughing tonight.

Awful team performance, selection and substitutions........i aint gonna name a MOM , cant be @rsed , just like Chansiri cant be @rsed naming a new manager.

One final thought , Liam Palmer...........................been in our first team squad for almost 10 years.

Liam a brilliant servant to swfc for 10 years. Agree with yo about Reach but tackling is virtually outlawed anyway. Team performance was not awful as wasn't the selection or subs. Totally disagree. Brentford had the rub of the green. We had none. For a team 2nd in championship they are not that much better than us. Just fine margins and that first goal make all the difference.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wildsmith saved nothing - 3

Harris huffed and puffed but no quality - 5

Palmer really poor. Lacked composure - 4

Lees stood tall among pygmies - 7

Urhoghide rabbit in headlights but brave - 5

Penney good moving forward but atrocious delivery - 5

Hutch tried but failed - 6

Bannan ditto - 6

Reach rubbish in that role - 4

Kachunga words fail me. What is he? To be fair, he’s not a left mid. - 2

Rhodes not even fed on scraps - 4

NT I blame his boss, not him, but minus 1,000,000

What was he thinking? Reach RIGHT! Kachunga LEFT! Rhodes lone-striker!

Trying something different so they opposition have something else to think about. Cant blame NT. Reach should be having a field day with the ability he has but he just been a total let down. Another position we tried Reach in that doesn't work. I happy that manager trying different things without totally reassembling the team. What other options does he have