Remaining Fixtures

On course to finish on around 44 points. 

We need to pick up around 1.5 ppg to stop up, that’s like winning 7/8 of our remaining 15 games. When you think this team has won 9 of 31 it’s hard to see how we stop up. 

We are done. 

• Thanks 1

Looking at other teams - Coventry have that much of a cushion on us now I think they are safe from third bottom.

Their fixtures suggest to me they can pick 2/3 more wins - that’s then on 43 points at the end of the season, that’s 15 ahead of us to match that - absolutely no chance we will get that. 

That leaves Birmingham - I can see probably another 2 wins and maybe a draw, 7 points. They’re 3 ahead, so 10 points ahead at the end of the season to match it - I can see us collecting 4/5 points tops. 

It’s done.

IF we have anything chance of surviving, looking at those fixtures, the next 2 are where we need to pick up points (Luton & Rotherham).

Those remaining fixtures are bloody tough and struggling to see beyond them 2 fixtures where we have an opportunity.

Edited by SwellOwl
:)

Football is relative, it doesn't matter how bad we are, as long as there are three other teams worse than us.

Fifteen games to go, just three points relatively to catch up to fourth from bottom .  We were thrown a lifeline once this season, there's fifteen games for such a lifeline to be cast again.

We are not done.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

We need goals.

We don't score.

We have coaches who think playing Rhodes up top on his own is a good idea.

It's as if we WANT to go down.

32 minutes ago, Busmansholiday said:

I fear that Colin will ensure our relegation just like 2010 when he was Palace manager. I hope I'm wrong, but they're going to have to put something special in the tea urn if we are going to win enough matches after last nights performance.

He didn't send us down. I think it was Paul Hart in charge of Palace. As bad as it is right now I'd like to think we won't be down with two games to spare. 

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

The way Rotherham are playing at the minute they should coast past us. Everything we aren’t currently.

Yes... They might lack skill and ability, but they make up for it with a lot of fight and energy which they maintain for 90 mins. We won't match them in that respect. Saw their game against Forest and they were unlucky. I fear they will simply outrun  and outfight us next week.

• Like 1

It all looks grim. And, being Wednesday I can say with certainty we will drag out the possibility of being safe to the bitter end, only to gift it to someone else with our dying breath........   Who'd be a Wednesday customer......... :Chansiri: