Bannan and Hutchinson

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

Just think if we had a set of scouts that could source a better midfield than what we have. They are out there. Just look up the road at Barnsley. Punching well above their weight while our overpaid lazy shysters go through the motions.

It's never a players fault if he's overpaid

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Pelupessy is a hard working pro but not in the same league as Bannan or Hutchison.

Brown is clearly unfit.

These two weren't our problem tonight. Reach, Harris, Penny, Kachunga were the problem in the middle if the park.

None of the players you mention play in the middle of the park. But I do agree that tonight like last few games that’s where the game was won/lost. Our central midfield is horrific.  I’d swap it with any other championship team.

Im at a stage where I’d rather watch Dele/Shaw who earn fractions and I’m sure less talented play there as they at least appear to be able to do a little of everything rather than just really good at one thing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

None of the players you mention play in the middle of the park. But I do agree that tonight like last few games that’s where the game was won/lost. Our central midfield is horrific.  I’d swap it with any other championship team.

Im at a stage where I’d rather watch Dele/Shaw who earn fractions and I’m sure less talented play there as they at least appear to be able to do a little of everything rather than just really good at one thing. 

Sorry. Meant midfielders. We were 3-5-1-1 and Penny, Harris and Reach offered nothing tonight for the central midfielders. Kachunga was effectively in midfield and again contributed nothing. Hutchinson was solid and Bannan was the only one trying to create anything...even though neither had their best games.

I do like Shaw, so would rather see him in there than reach centrally. Dele isn’t a starter for me yet but has something about him for the future.

• Like 1

This is not the problem. The issue is our lack of quality in attacking areas whether it’s striking options, out wide or attacking midfield. Whilst many were spuffing their load over signing Paterson, kachunga and windass, I was predicting league one before a ball was kicked.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

2 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Sorry. Meant midfielders. We were 3-5-1-1 and Penny, Harris and Reach offered nothing tonight for the central midfielders. Kachunga was effectively in midfield and again contributed nothing. Hutchinson was solid and Bannan was the only one trying to create anything...even though neither had their best games.

I do like Shaw, so would rather see him in there than reach centrally. Dele isn’t a starter for me yet but has something about him for the future.

The wide players don’t get the ball because our midfield choose to pass backwards rather than wide. That’s the problem. If you’re playing a deep lying playmaker that doesn’t pass forward you may as well play someone else. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It's like a Sunday league team with the "Managers son".

It’s also a myth that he plays better in a better team. This is just how good he is, creating or contributing a goal every 9 games just like in 2017 surrounded by stars. At least back then he wasn’t sapping 25k a week from us and we had others creating and doing his work alongside him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

It’s also a myth that he plays better in a better team. This is just how good he is, creating or contributing a goal every 9 games just like in 2017 surrounded by stars. At least back then he wasn’t sapping 25k a week from us and we had others creating and doing his work alongside him. 

Shhhh he has more successful passes than anyone else In the team, ignoring the fact 95% of them are passing backwards to the goalkeeper 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Steve1212 said:

Bannan will be taking the goal kicks soon just so he can pass it to the goalie. 

He’s started bypassing CB’s and passing back to keeper. 5 times I counted that Saturday and 3 times tonight. That’s what having a creative genius in your team can do. Pick ball up on half way, spin around. Kick it back to your keeper! Captain combover at his finest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1