Lennon leaves Celtic

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The irony of this post.

You’re providing incredible conjecture as to why he’s signed a pre contract with Celtic.

How do you know he would get an offer anywhere else?

How do you know Celtic’s interest will remain and they won’t move on to other targets?

In terms of interest, Pulis has come out and said there’s been interest in Shaw. Including from a Premier League club. 

lol

No need to be so passive aggressive! 

If he chose to move to the SPL without considering offers from the PL as Pulis suggested there could be then he is making a poor decision in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If he chose to move to the SPL without considering offers from the PL as Pulis suggested there could be then he is making a poor decision in my opinion. 

You’re right 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Again, you’re speculating. Who knows if the Premier League club would follow up their interest. Or maybe the club are based somewhere Shaw is not keen on moving too.

You’ve gone off on a huge tangent and there’s a plethora of possible reasons as to why Shaw has chosen to sign with Celtic. There might just be a little more to it than ‘he’s not sought after’ (and I’ve already pointed out to you that PL clubs can’t formally open negotiations yet).

This is all you need to know right now. Shaw has had an offer from Wednesday and an offer from Celtic. He’s chosen Celtic. We’ve failed to tie him down long term and it’s our loss.

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Again, you’re speculating. Who knows if the Premier League club would follow up their interest. Or maybe the club are based somewhere Shaw is not keen on moving too.

You’ve gone off on a huge tangent and there’s a plethora of possible reasons as to why Shaw has chosen to sign with Celtic. There might just be a little more to it than ‘he’s not sought after’ (and I’ve already pointed out to you that PL clubs can’t formally open negotiations yet).

This is all you need to know right now. Shaw has had an offer from Wednesday and an offer from Celtic. He’s chosen Celtic. We’ve failed to tie him down long term and it’s our loss.

So you keep saying. 

Every hour of every day! 

6 minutes ago, MarvelOwls said:

Got to have faith but it's the hope that kills me haha.

I hope we survive in the championship but if we dont, I'm backing us to go on a 46 game unbeaten run 😂

Lol. 

I love the optimism bud. 

The only way that's going to happen is if Dc sells up to someone who knows what they're doing in the summer. 

Otherwise with so many out of contract, with the double act of Dc & paxo recruiting, we'll probably end up with a squad made up of over the hills looking for well payed retirement home, players more interested in sitting feet up at home playing fifa. 

The manager will then end up having to cobble a team together from half the under 23's and 18s while most of the first team are online checking their big fat wallets out injured... 

At the moment next season actually fills me with more "Dread" than our precarious position this season. 

I've never had so little faith in Wednesday as I do at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Have you spent much time in Glasgow down the years. I've had the pleasure of working there quite a lot down theast 20 years. Even BARROW in furness is preferable. Especially if your English lol

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

So you’ve started a ‘debate’ with me about it even though you’re insinuating that you’re tired of my posts. Amazing.

lol

You keep replying to me even though you want me to stop debating with you! 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Have you spent much time in Glasgow down the years. I've had the pleasure of working there quite a lot down theast 20 years. Even BARROW in furness is preferable. Especially if your English lol

Ahh no Glasgow is a great city for a young lad. Well it is when we aren’t in a lockdown 

lol

Ahh no Glasgow is a great city for a young lad. Well it is when we aren’t in a lockdown 

lol

Yeah theres pubs with BARS on the INSIDE of the windows. 

Theres also that famous saying "this isnt Edinburgh, if you go out on a weekend and your English you'll get stabbed.. 

Last time I was up there I had two 40 year old ish thick idiots in overcoats kept asking me if I was green or if I was blue over and over, wouldn't leave it. Dint know what to do when I said "look I'm not a jock, I'm  from Yorkshire where we play a man's game" and whent out for a smoke. 

I was up there for 18 months solid at one point. Inverness, Aberdeen, airdrie, Dundee, Edinburgh. Kilmarnock. 

We had hardly any trouble anywhere apart from in Glasgow. The place is full of ludd-ites that like to use football and religion to start a fight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Folarin balogun for Arsenal has signed a pre contract agreement with rb leipzig but Arsenal are confident of coming to some agreement to stop with them. 

It’s so all the details are there and Celtic can’t turn round and say you know what we are taking x amount away from the deal or to stop shaw asking for more right at the last minute.

Apparently he didn't sign, according to subsequent reports. 

As I say, I've never come across a situation where a player has signed pre-contract agreements with multiple clubs, other than the mess which saw Man United paid £12m for Jon Obi Mikel.

As far as I'm aware, you can agree the terms of a deal with as many clubs as you like, but once you actually sign one, that's where you'll be playing your football next season.