Lennon leaves Celtic

11 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Yep, not the best interests of their client.

Sad world.

Since when did agents do anything that's in anyone's interest apart from their own? 

Agents couldn't give a t055 where they park their players just as long as they get their cut of the money. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

I read 300,000 somewhere mentioned as compensation. Not much of a risk really with the current young english players valuations atm

That's what I don't understand.

I understand him wanting to get away from our sheitefest but being out of contract at the end of the season could go anywhere.

Just seems a bit of a knee jerk jump to me.

5 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

But he could go anywhere at the end of the season being out of contract.

They still have to pay compensation which could end up being a couple of million.

Celtic on the other hand can pick him up for less than 300k.

I rate Shaw, I think he has all the attributes to be a top player. But still for Premier League clubs it’s a gamble considering most have their own young players they’re developing and giving first team opportunities too.

We were in a very strong position to get him tied down long term and let him develop in our team. But our failure to tie him down left the door wide open for a club like Celtic to take a gamble on the lad.

Just now, hirstys_achilles said:

OK thank you. So Bannan has not got his facts correct ??

Your guess is as good as mine.

But I don't think reports that Shaw's signed a pre-contract agreement with Celtic and Bannan's suggestion that he might still stay at Wednesday can both be true.

Which is correct, I have no idea.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They still have to pay compensation which could end up being a couple of million.

Celtic on the other hand can pick him up for less than 300k.

I rate Shaw, I think he has all the attributes to be a top player. But still for Premier League clubs it’s a gamble considering most have their own young players they’re developing and giving first team opportunities too.

We were in a very strong position to get him tied down long term and let him develop in our team. But our failure to tie him down left the door wide open for a club like Celtic to take a gamble on the lad.

Any agent worth his salt would have kept as many options open until the last minute.

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

The Pulis-Lennon axis that set up the Shaw deal has been broken.

Lennon "resigned" or was fired today.

The word is that Celtic will look to Europe for a new Manager.

Shaw sh*t on SWFC, the club that reared abnd developed him for over 10 years.

It may not end well for him in Scotland.

Do any players go to Scotland and improve?

It was always the other way round, good luck to Shaw. Playing Champions League or UEFA and 50k crowds every other week, quite easy to see how his head was turned.

He wouldn't be on big money here so not getting paid on time probably didn't help.

2 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Any agent worth his salt would have kept as many options open until the last minute.

Not sure about that tbh. Shaw had made 2 appearances for the club last season. One off the bench and one start.

At that point I think he would have jumped at the chance of a 2 year deal with 1 year extension clause put in. As a Sheffield lad at 18, I bet he would have signed it. 

Instead we spent the summer signing and offering contracts to the likes of Kachunga, Brown, Windass, Marriott and Flint. 

And then we decided to put Shaw in the first team and all of a sudden we realise we’ve got a player on our hands who is out of contract. 

And here we are now. Losing our brightest young prospect for peanuts.

• Like 1

With the lower compo celtic liable to pay, they would be likely and financially capable of  making the wages better to tempt the player, This would be just what a players agent would want as a bargaining chip or fall back option for use in any other interested parties inc swfc negotiations. I would be very surprised if the pre contract is a must honour from celtic but the player still has the final say when deadline arrives. Otherwise it would be a contract. The pre-contract must be a term that is not really accurate. 

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure about that tbh. Shaw had made 2 appearances for the club last season. One off the bench and one start.

At that point I think he would have jumped at the chance of a 2 year deal with 1 year extension clause put in. As a Sheffield lad at 18, I bet he would have signed it. 

Instead we spent the summer signing and offering contracts to the likes of Kachunga, Brown, Windass, Marriott and Flint. 

And then we decided to put Shaw in the first team and all of a sudden we realise we’ve got a player on our hands who is out of contract. 

And here we are now. Losing our brightest young prospect for peanuts.

He a confident lad and I sure he will think the more he is played the more teams will want him. Its not like Shaw trying to take advantage of a few fluke performances.