Are you watching the Sheffield Wednesday match tonight?

I'm going to pay for I-Follow tonight even though the match is on red button

The red button is free but no replays, one camera angle etc just isn't really good enough in my opinion

So as always I'm watching tonight but understand that the sales of I-Follow has proven that most fans don't even bother watching the games anymore (which probably explains the number of fools slating Barry Bannan

lol

So will you be watching tonight?

If so - Sky, I-Follow, IPTV or just listening to audio?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Yes, but i've found myself recently either switching off or it just being on in the background whilst i do some work. 

It's been tough viewing this season, not surprised iFollow sales are on the decline. 

To be fair since lockdown they've never took off

People just haven't been watching their clubs on I-Follow for whatever reason

More fans than ever before haven't seen their team actually play a game this season

(all teams)

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People just haven't been watching their clubs on I-Follow for whatever reason

More fans than ever before haven't seen their team actually play a game this season

(all teams)

Cash, uncertainty.... all adds up to a sensible decision if people have family. Also, some i've spoken to have been disgusted with the way players are paid so much, when people are struggling.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Love 1

Carlisle United also publish their IFollow figures and also the actual revenue that brings them

“We’ve had a total of 12,454 paid streams from our 15 League Two games so far.

“This gives income to the club of around £89,000, after adjusting for payments to host clubs when we play away.

“That’s an average of 823 paid club streams per game (760 after nine games). The average number has grown 8% since game nine.

“On top of that, for every home game we have around 300 more season ticket holders who are also streaming the game [who have opted to take iFollow instead of a refund]. 

“The challenge in the last update was to break the 1,000 stream mark for the first time. We did it against both Cheltenham and Tranmere. Our record away stream so far is 1,020.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/news/2020/december/ifollow-subscriber-numbers-and-income-continue-to-grow/

Owlstalk Shop