BRENTFORD V's WEDNESDAY - omdt

16 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m fully expecting a pasting tonight. Just seems like something is off after that little run we had. 

I heard an ex pro saying that players need to know who the manager is, eventually a "care-taker" will lose their respect, as they don't know if hes going to be there in the long run, so lose the micro percentage of effort that makes the difference at high level sport (yes, i kid myself that is what Wednesday play). If he was right, (and I cant remember who it was), then this could be the reason for our drop in form and things looking a bit wrong.  

• Like 1

Great line up.

Drop Westwood as he cant kick straight.

Get the thing long and high from Lees and the goalie quickly to big Nuhiu up front, get the runners from midfield and down the sides to bomb on from Nuhiu's flicks and hold ups and create space for Rhodes in the box

I personally can't see the flaw in that plan.

• Haha 1

Why did we bother signing Brown and Dele B? 

Chansiri has no intention of letting them start a match. 

Dele B scored a wonderful goal in the reserves last week. For goodness sake give him a chance as he can't be worse than the current midfield garbage that play match after match and create absolutely nothing. 

He's on a 3 year contract. 

We've signed so many players under Chansiri and then refused to give them a chance. 

For a club that supposedly short of money, we've waste more than any other club in all 4 divisions. 

The knock on effect is that we now can't get decent players to come anymore. That's why dross like Katchunga is in the squad. 

No matter how badly some players perform they are guaranteed not to be dropped. There's no pressure on them to improve with such lacklustre and totally unprofessional management. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Vt-ZpFzK.jpg

I don't know why I'm even bothering haha, but 3/5 at the back? 

Palmer, Lees, Urhoghide

Harris, Reach, Hutchinson, Bannan, Penney

Kachunga, Rhodes

That doesn't look good haha, but hopefully we get something. I would have played 4-2-3-1 or something, but with that formation and players I would have went with:

Urhoghide, Dunkley/Lees, Böner

Harris, Paterson, Hutchinson, Bannan, Penney

Windass, Rhodes

I don't like that we are playing 3 right footed CB's, Reach in midfield and Kachunga at ST when we have better suited players available. Palmer instead of Dunkley? Also 2 CB's on the bench? Still no Odubajo, Luongo, Green and Marriott? Does anyone know if those are injured or not?

18 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

Surely it's a back four. If Penney is LWB then Harris must be RWB, leaving only 3 in midfield, which is worrying.

Or Penney left back and Palmer right back with Lees and Urhoghide playing centre back in a 4-4-2 for what use Kachunga will be up front. OG  has been more prolific for us this season than Kachunga.

18 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

I heard an ex pro saying that players need to know who the manager is, eventually a "care-taker" will lose their respect, as they don't know if hes going to be there in the long run, so lose the micro percentage of effort that makes the difference at high level sport (yes, i kid myself that is what Wednesday play). If he was right, (and I cant remember who it was), then this could be the reason for our drop in form and things looking a bit wrong.  

Kinda like school with supply teachers.

• Like 1