BRENTFORD V's WEDNESDAY - omdt

48 minutes ago, NobbyStyle said:

Only recently joined but love the OMDT’s, always raise a smile Lord Snooty, well done sir.

it does indeed feel like “death by a 1000 cuts” except the nurse occasionally comes out with some bandages.

A draw would help stop the rot of the last 2 results.

Surely Rhodes has to start.

UTO

Let’s hope so mate!

Owlstalk Shop

Good thread Milord. 

A game against the team most on here hold in high regard. A well oiled and efficient machine from the smoke against a patched up Heath Robinson contraption from oop north.

I don't think we have a prayer tonight, even against a time in crisis and on a bad run of form.

Or should that be especially against a team on a bad run  of form because 9 times out of 10 we know what happens.

Up the Owls anyway for what it's worth.

This fixture tonight is what I reckon Sean Dyche would refer to as a “free hit” - little, if any chance, of avoiding defeat, with the possibility, however remote, of getting a morale boosting result.

As such the boys are not under any pressure and this could work in our favour, so let’s play with the shackles off and go for it from the off.

Ivan Toney is not starting and neither is Rico Henry - I really rate him - but I’m still predicting an easy win for Brentford.

Sophie Ridge on Sky News, has just been talking to jonathan van tam  - about vaccines 

He says he wants to get back and see live  football ASAP like everybody else... 

SR, name dropped SWFC and she was a fan - as we know.... and added that she wants live football also, but made reference to our current plight and position putting a bit of a dampener on things!! 

• Like 1

Can’t remember the last time I dreaded a game as much. It is a free hit and give that Brentford have been on a bad run we should absolutely get right at them from the first whistle. Let’s go as attacking as we can and just see what happens. 

But I still have a bad feeling about tonight. 

As always my noble lord keeps me sane in these utterly shambolic days. Thank you! Extraordinary world old time Wednesday fans live in today. Just read the Peter Swan obituary in The Times - Springett & PS were England ever presents for two years back in the day & I thought what about Kay & Fantham being given a chance. Now we’re facing a disastrous relegation with Hillsborough looking like the castle in Sleeping Beauty! Bournemouth try for Henry + Bristol City go for a tried and tested manager while we expect NT & his team to work miracles after a truly extraordinary January. Brentford were off our radar for many years now if we can keep it to less than 3-0 tonight that won’t seem too bad. Is there a worse run club in the Football League? 

• Like 2

Great thread as always thank you M'Lord.

Aye Aye Aye Aye Springett is better than Yashin.

We're all better than Eusebio

Brentford are in for a thrashing.

C'mon the one and only,the incomparable, magnificent,unrivalled, stupendously....

Mighty Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

Nowt else matters.

WAWAW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

just had a chat with a Brentford ST holder at work.

he said they are ' in crisis' - no fit forwards, out of form, and we will beat them.

Crisis FFS - try being second bottom and having no forwards at all, never mind fit ones!

My heart bleeds for them.

Did you tell him not to worry as our club have a knack of giving teams a helping hand when they are struggling? 

I have read with interest of the concept of the Free Hit, In order to take advantage Thomo will have to move the troops up the Battle field a little further.

Concentrate at the back. Be creative in the middle and relax up top. We may come away with nothing, but at least give it a go.

WE CAN ASK NO MORE WAWAW GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT !