2 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

If we had beaten Birmingham I would have had much more confidence. As it stands. I have very little.

Agreed, wiped any confidence I had. Like the season so far, will be a bumpy ride. Other fans keep saying to me we will stay up but not sure if they are being kind or having something to base it on 😆

Win tomorrow and I'm confident again. 

Problem being we're playing 2nd away, who put 5 past us last year, on the back of a 1-0 loss to a relegation rival at home, and it's midweek. And they're on a bad run. 

If anything was set up for us to lose it's this game. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hirst's Pint Glass said:

Looking like two from the following five to be relegated, 

Us

Rotherham

Birmingham 

Coventry

Huddesfield

Think we will be one of the two relegated unfortunately... 

Agree... The recent losses to Coventry and Birmingham when we appeared to be on a bit of a run have well and truly fukced us. Fear the worst. 

• Like 2

Only thing that's making me think we can stay up is that Birmingham and Rotherham are pi$$ poor , technically we are 6pts ahead of Rotherham and 3pts ahead of Brum having played 2 games less through 2/3rds of the season.. Match both their results in the last 3rd whilst beating Rotherham and we stay up.... Just.

1 hour ago, Hirst's Pint Glass said:

Looking like two from the following five to be relegated, 

Us

Rotherham

Birmingham 

Coventry

Huddesfield

Think we will be one of the two relegated unfortunately... 

Yep and we lost to all of them. If we had drawn those 4 games, we'd be well clear of the bottom 3.

Anyone who had never seen us play this season would look at the table now and think Wednesday have a decent chance of staying up.  Conversely if, like most of us, you’ve seen most /all of our games this season. you would realise we are dead and buried.

I appreciate the 6 point penalty is currently impacting our league position, but come the end of the season I think it will be irrelevant.  Our performance level in key games suggests to me that we nailed on for relegation.  My tongue in cheek prediction of being relegated before lockdown is over might not be too far from the truth.

7 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Anyone who had never seen us play this season would look at the table now and think Wednesday have a decent chance of staying up.  Conversely if, like most of us, you’ve seen most /all of our games this season. you would realise we are dead and buried.

I appreciate the 6 point penalty is currently impacting our league position, but come the end of the season I think it will be irrelevant.  Our performance level in key games suggests to me that we nailed on for relegation.  My tongue in cheek prediction of being relegated before lockdown is over might not be too far from the truth.

There is a long, long way to go. 

The idea we are dead and buried is just daft. 

With 3 points for a win, we have a decent chance of staying up. 

Football fans emotions do cloud judgements and it’s no exception on here. 

• Like 1