Scrap/reformat football heaven?

Guest Grandad
39 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

The only time I phoned in was just after Chansiri bought us to discuss fan expectations and thoughts on the coming season, we may have been a few games into the season actually. (Think back to 4.5 years ago when the morale around the club was very high and us fans felt like we were on the verge of something special).

Anyway, after talking through a few interesting and insightful points I had prepared and written down on my notepad, I even took the call at the bottom of the garden to avoid any radio interference and told my parents to tune in, I was so excited (makes me laugh now looking back). The host think it was Staton replied to my ramblings with “Thanks Sam....And now onto Greg from Pitsmoor who thinks ticket prices are getting out of hand”

I was gutted! Abit naive of me to think I’d get into an in-depth discussion on a phone in but I would have loved it!!

As mentioned in OP the format is very stale and always favours the most entertaining aka loudest or most ridiculous opinion from the fans. But that’s just the entertainment business eyyyy?

However, sticking Praise or Grumble on the drive home and hearing Barry the Blade have a meltdown will always make me smile!

They'll have wanted you out of the way to get one of the regulars on. Because they think everybody listens in for them

Stop listen to radio Sheffield when 20 minutes in we had had the news, the weather, a sports round up but no actual callers. I cannot be added to listen to a pre recorded interview from the week end.

Then you got the same 4 callers, the posh blade, Brian the blade, Mick the owl and some Rotherham fan that struggled with English. It became boring and predictable.

Even at the start of the season When they got the coaches in, the Owls never turned up, I am not a fan of Wilder but he was always there for the other side of the city.

The thing about local media is, they can only push it so far with the local clubs.  If they push too far, they get cut out of the loop.  So, we only end up hearing what the clubs want us to hear.  It's just a bit boring all around.

It might be a bit more interesting if it was all done via video call and we could look at some of the people who call in and watch the presenters try to maintain an air of professionalism.  

The whole format of phone in discussions is a bit redundant when we have forums like this though.

Particularly annoying is the 'Donny Rowverszz' fan who is constantly bleating on about how much of a privilege it is watching them.

More amusing is the lady United fan, Beverly I think her name is, who on every call she makes, praises the co-commentary skills of Keith Richards!!!!

It's garbage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dunkstar said:

Milan?

Could have been mate. Whoever it was seemed oblivious to the fact that listeners could hear what was happening in the background. There was also the bloke that called in to praise  his butcher for the pork chops he'd had.

• Haha 1

Stopped listening to it, presenters are pretty awful now imo, Rob Staton, Paul Walker, and even Seth Bennett were imo the hight the show got but the call ins are awful, MTPO talks about Wednesday in the 1990s every time, 2-1 Ken is possibly the most boring voice I've ever heard in my life ...hospital radio at best...Watch Chase instead!