Scrap/reformat football heaven?

Guest Grandad

Bet it's been 3 years since I last listened

Got sick to death of Brian the Blade and the tedious as hell Mark the Pitsmoor Owl - that Rotherham fan who sound as thick as mince (Mick?)

If Radio Sheffield want to get it back to anywhere like it was they need to ban all of them

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Bet it's been 3 years since I last listened

Got sick to death of Brian the Blade and the tedious as hell Mark the Pitsmoor Owl - that Rotherham fan who sound as thick as mince (Mick?)

If Radio Sheffield want to get it back to anywhere like it was they need to ban all of them

I remember losing a lot of respect for the show when a blade came on making allegations against us and was not challenged on it by the presenters. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I remember losing a lot of respect for the show when a blade came on making allegations against us and was not challenged on it by the presenters. 

The presenters are genuinely awful

Needs a massive revamp.

Presenters are not a patch on Seth, Paul and Rob.

Same callers every night with Bev and Jonathan who both believe Utd will get into the champions league - I’m sure these two are married and stroke a Chris Wilder teddy in bed at night. 

Brian the blade is past boring now, used to be entertaining for a week and believe you me you know exactly what he’s going to say. 

It needs some controversy from the presenters - the truth, wind some callers up and stop the politically correct response and say it how it is.

Seth, Paul and Rob used to go toe to toe with some callers and it was entertaining, we need that back or just cancel the show and do it on a Monday and Friday every week. 

• Like 3

The only time I phoned in was just after Chansiri bought us to discuss fan expectations and thoughts on the coming season, we may have been a few games into the season actually. (Think back to 4.5 years ago when the morale around the club was very high and us fans felt like we were on the verge of something special).

Anyway, after talking through a few interesting and insightful points I had prepared and written down on my notepad, I even took the call at the bottom of the garden to avoid any radio interference and told my parents to tune in, I was so excited (makes me laugh now looking back). The host think it was Staton replied to my ramblings with “Thanks Sam....And now onto Greg from Pitsmoor who thinks ticket prices are getting out of hand”

I was gutted! Abit naive of me to think I’d get into an in-depth discussion on a phone in but I would have loved it!!

As mentioned in OP the format is very stale and always favours the most entertaining aka loudest or most ridiculous opinion from the fans. But that’s just the entertainment business eyyyy?

However, sticking Praise or Grumble on the drive home and hearing Barry the Blade have a meltdown will always make me smile!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Needs a massive revamp.

Presenters are not a patch on Seth, Paul and Rob.

Same callers every night with Bev and Jonathan who both believe Utd will get into the champions league - I’m sure these two are married and stroke a Chris Wilder teddy in bed at night. 

Brian the blade is past boring now, used to be entertaining for a week and believe you me you know exactly what he’s going to say. 

It needs some controversy from the presenters - the truth, wind some callers up and stop the politically correct response and say it how it is.

Seth, Paul and Rob used to go toe to toe with some callers and it was entertaining, we need that back or just cancel the show and do it on a Monday and Friday every week. 

"But before I start I'd just like to say something about Sheffield Wednesday"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Rob Staton used to do it you could tell he was punching himself in the face, rolling his eyes and then just taking a deep breath before absolutely making total mincemeat out of the puddings that called up and spouted nonsense

Paul Walker was similar - never messed - just called idiots out to their faces

Seth Bennett was a bit nicer but then he is a big cuddly teddybear in real life anyway

Owlstalk Shop

It's on every night isn't it? not much to talk about and they rely on those boring callers to get thru the show. To make it more interesting they should just do 1 quality show a week so they can avoid putting the bores on.

I personally find interviews etc boring so you can't please everyone

I don't understand why they cant use their power for good.... 

Do some investigate journalism and have detailed topics (sometimes they do). 

More special shows etc 

Im sure that old miller guy once side about having to book his call, like he was doing the area a service

24 minutes ago, Andysowls said:

Stopped listening years ago....eventually struck me that the people who rang in were lonely, made me cringe listening t’Staton & co trying t’get em off o’line😆

....though the Danny Wilson/Sheffield U*****/laughing policeman caller was pure gold! Anyone got the audio o’that?!😆

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Your still a student at 26. I'd been working 8 years at that point.😁😁😁😁 and studying at night school after work.

I just assumed he'd been held back a few times