Scrap/reformat football heaven?

I usually start listening to weekday football heavens at the start of the new season for a couple of months... 

After the same fee callers coming on each day to say the same stuff over and over again, I generally stop listening. Of course, radio Sheff will simply say that if you want to different voice then ring up....which is true of course (although I wouldn't want to cut into the nightly broadcast from Jonathan the positive blade who is still sure utd will stay up and in Wilder he trusts....after every defeat and before every defeat).

However, more and more I also find that interviews etc are being placed online to make way for the ramblings of some. I'm not saying do away with the phone in, but surely balance it out with news and interviews? Why the same show 5 nights a week? Is it because all clubs now have their own news teams that Radio Sheff don't play full interviews (I'd like to know what Big Nige thinks about that).

And no, I don't believe radio Sheff is bias

I used to listen on my way home from work but I've gotten tired of it. It is the same people each day. It is hypocritical I suppose to say that as I don't ring in but it does make for boring listening. 

Still listen to 606 (it's worse since Savage started doing both days imo) but it is still a good listen. 

• Like 1

I used to always listen, only bother if we lose now. Yes it's the same people saying the same things. Mark and Mick the owl are class. I always enjoyed Brian the blade trying to wind everyone up. Not going to name the boring callers, think we all know who they are. Yes, it needs a new direction.

The only time I was going to ring up (but was driving as I assume most people are who listen) was when they were doing a topic of why Sheffield isn't celebrated as the home of football..... They are the local station, sports journalists, maybe they should ask questions to the council or maybe drive the agenda.

Be interested to hear Indianas take on this thread :ph34r:

Its just on too often

Its still great listening to Praise and Grumble after a game, especially one youve been too... but the nightly show just feels like its been over done and its ran its course.

They need to start just having the show on matchdays, the day before pre season or big games, and when there is some big new coming out of a club.

Something else thats annoying is when you go to a midweek game, get back to the car and they finish at 10pm. Surely it would make sense to stay on air another 30 mins for people to listen on the way home (guess thats another story)

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Football Heaven / Praise Or Grumble is dead in the water for the reasons in the OP

Not listened for years. I used to love Bob Jackson in the old days, and getting in the car after a game with the music to Sports Report coming on was a joy.  "Quiet now while the results are on"   I always insisted on silence until the last scottish result was read out.

• Like 2

The same callers being matey with the presenters. Too many “characters” calling in. Also, most people without media training lose half their IQ points when speaking in public. In short, FH is a car crash. 

It wasn’t too bad a couple of years back but the newer presenters were/are awful. Haven’t listened in a year or so. 

• Like 5