Where would we be now?

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

What a silly request - no one apart from the clubs themselves have that information but any causal observer who has followed the game for a while can deduce this - it’s not rocket science.

Any middling club that can make a steady go of things in the Prem and survive must be doing a few things right.

Clubs that get themselves into a mess through  lack of/poor leadership - financial overextension, poor decision making over transfers, fees, the ground etc -  like us basically over the last few seasons  - tend to put themselves at risk of sliding away in what is very unforgiving  environment - See Portsmouth et al

You said they were well run clubs with no evidence to back it up following your logic the best run clubs wins the league. 

I was also working on the premise that had we gone up then we would have signed better quality players to keep us there.

24 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You said they were well run clubs with no evidence to back it up following your logic the best run clubs wins the league. 

I was also working on the premise that had we gone up then we would have signed better quality players to keep us there.

You have made the assumption - I never stated  that ..but if a club is well run, it probably has a better chance of doing well than one that doesn’t. Imo that seems a fairly sound logic.

Based on how we we are currently being  run I am surprised at the conclusion in your second para.  

Our signings last few season have been mediocre at best and as things stand we are heading out of the Champ. 

As such I see no evidence to believe we’d make the right calls in the top flight.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

You have made the assumption - I never stated  that ..but if a club is well run, it probably has a better chance of doing well than one that doesn’t. Imo that seems a fairly sound logic.

Based on how we have been run so far I am surprised at the conclusion in your second para.  

Our signings last few season have been mediocre at best and as things stand we are heading out of the Champ. 

As such I see no evidence to believe we’d make the right calls in the top flight.

We made excellent progress in the first full season under DC and gaining promotion would have lead to a bigger budget, arguably better advisors, signings etc.

I don't think DC planned on promotion so quickly, was realistically looking at a three year plan, when the option presented itself in the first twos season he had to go for it and ultimately upset the apple cart. 

42 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The first team in Premier League history to start a season playing in skins. Due to manufacturing issue of our new cashmere kits, home shirt retailing at £199.

Can you imagine...

The whacky player numbers, the late kits etc., but in the Prem where the scrutiny is so much greater.

Honestly, I think it would have been a disaster.

It would have emboldened Chansiri and his advisers further, convincing them they were some sort of football gurus. God knows what sort of further whacky sh*t they would have undertaken.

• Like 1