OFFICIAL - FOOTBALL IS BACK!!! Fans back in stadiums next season is ON

I personally cannot wait to get back

the sound , smell and buzz of walking down into the ground

but what will await us , if only we were all singing from the same hymn sheet

the unity that has bonded us all for whatever is to come does feel shattered

Hopefully it will melt away as the team that we all love (no idea why sometimes)

I do fear the emotions that have held us all together through many a bad time have been stretched way too ghin

Yes I do hope that I am wrong

uto

i must admit that statement yesterday was a lot better than i was expecting and thankfully they have accepted that you cant save everyone from a virus which unfortunately is life , if that didnt happen nobody would be doing anything ever again if life.  the country is also losing so much money and jobs so i would be highly surprised if they backtracked on those dates or plans . now everyone can plan going forward , clubs now can plan to sell season tickets etc which is absolutely vital for there survival . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

When do we think we'll get back to 20+ thousand. 

I mean sitting next to one another. No social distance. Penned in like kippers on the Kop. 

I just can't see it ever happening like that. 

It will - Covid will be like the flu eventually in terms of going back to normal and dealing with it via an annual jab

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

I mean sitting next to one another. No social distance. Penned in like kippers on the Kop. 

21st of June is the date pencilled in for all restrictions to be removed , so if all goes well, the start of next season will be full crowds. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

reading the doom and in the media lately  id have thought we might as well all pack up  life, but of coarse finally the gov has seen the reality and accepted that life has to return to normal and accept a similar flu type scenario. that means that unless the gov wants to shut down sports ,nightclubs ,music festivals ,theatre and so much forever it had to accept this which they have said yesterday . lets hope things go to plan as sports and other events have to have planning and able to sell season tickets etc to survive . i couldn`t care less if my face is pressed against a window on a london underground etc i want to make most of life while ive got it ,zoom ifollow etc dont cut it with me ,feel sorry for young uns most have to meet these days over stupid dating apps . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

but of coarse finally the gov has seen the reality and accepted that life has to return to normal

Not really, infection rates are falling fast due to lockdown and the jab.

Coming into spring along with the above infection rates will fall naturally as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

reading the doom and in the media lately  id have thought we might as well all pack up  life, but of coarse finally the gov has seen the reality and accepted that life has to return to normal and accept a similar flu type scenario. that means that unless the gov wants to shut down sports ,nightclubs ,music festivals ,theatre and so much forever it had to accept this which they have said yesterday . lets hope things go to plan as sports and other events have to have planning and able to sell season tickets etc to survive . i couldn`t care less if my face is pressed against a window on a london underground etc i want to make most of life while ive got it ,zoom ifollow etc dont cut it with me ,feel sorry for young uns most have to meet these days over stupid dating apps . 

You haven't lived until you've been crushed in on the tube. Face fully ironed up against the carriage window. 

Well said that man. 

10 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not really, infection rates are falling fast due to lockdown and the jab.

Coming into spring along with the above infection rates will fall naturally as well.

if you listen to his statement carefully you will hear him say what most of us wanted him to say and thats to accept that the virus is here for a very long time if not forever  and at manageable levels like flu or maybe a little higher ,they have accepted that we can return to an almost normal life which i think millions will be pleased they will still have  a job to go to in coming months and years which clearly wouldnt have happened if things where kept closed endlessly . just lets hope there will be no backtracking though i still cant believe some think they will be jetting off here there and everywhere by early summer though. 

Chansiri could offer me a free ticket and I still wouldn't go. Until he's gone, or until he makes enourmous changes to the entire business, I'm out.

I'll gain much more by spending time with my one year old son, teaching him and being taught by him at the same time.