Izzy Brown.

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I'll probably get hammered for this but I'd really like to have seen us go for something like this at some point this season, I think it's the way we'd have got something out of Brown and we'd have been able to have a proper go at teams

Harris & Reach have no defensive responsibilities at all, Hutch & Brown would be great to allow Bannan to do his thing

image.png.4942f96cc49a1475c98e3be18ba8ce23.png

That’s actually not a bad shout to be fair. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really let down by this guy. 

We are terrible at doing our due diligence on signings. Our success rate is appalling. 

It is, it's astonishing over the years how many players come here and fail to even keep fit never mind perform

the 10 minutes i saw of Brown other than a nice flick he looked like he'd put his boots on the wrong feet

what do they do in training, do they have fitness regimes? I'm sure they do but they are clearly not good enough  

• Like 1

It may well be the case that Monk, Pulis, and maybe Thompson, don’t fancy him in the midfield, but it’s not like their preferred choices have been a roaring success is it? By and large, most of them have generally bypassed the midfield anyway. I’m pretty certain we’d have scored more goals playing through the midfield, and with him in there

• Like 1

Got a mate who is a Luton fan. When we signed him I asked his opinion his reply was he’s very talented but bone idol.

is this a problem we have created in British football.  So many talented young players ( ampedeu at the lane another example) but they are earning obscene money and are set up for life without breaking sweat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Got a mate who is a Luton fan. When we signed him I asked his opinion his reply was he’s very talented but bone idol.

is this a problem we have created in British football.  So many talented young players ( ampedeu at the lane another example) but they are earning obscene money and are set up for life without breaking sweat. 

Football has always had creative, talented bone idle players.

It's not a new phenomenon or a modern problem

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

They all want to play the off the frontman/Lampard position with no defensive responsibility too Chelsea and Man Utd have about 10 of these player each.

• Haha 1

On paper he should be a starting player every week but in reality he has been garbage. 
The fact he isn’t fit is unbelievable at this stage in the season. 
He was a bit of a gamble and my god it has been a disappointment.

The truth is if we had any chance of staying up a player like Brown, if fit and contributing, would have been a god send. Instead it’s been a frustrating and costly balls up. 
My only hope is the coaching staff have had him on a diet of lettuce with shuttle runs, circuit training and Grenoside Woods runs for the past four weeks and he will turn up looking like a greyhound ready to rip our opponents apart in the next game. Chances of this. Slim. Very, very slim. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I'll probably get hammered for this but I'd really like to have seen us go for something like this at some point this season, I think it's the way we'd have got something out of Brown and we'd have been able to have a proper go at teams

Harris & Reach have no defensive responsibilities at all, Hutch & Brown would be great to allow Bannan to do his thing

On paper that looks like the side we should be playing but it just goes to show the difference between teams on paper and teams on the pitch! Brown is so unfit it’s a joke. Penney is not much of a defender really but other than that it should work. But I’d bet it wouldn’t. 

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

On paper that looks like the side we should be playing but it just goes to show the difference between teams on paper and teams on the pitch! Brown is so unfit it’s a joke. Penney is not much of a defender really but other than that it should work. But I’d bet it wouldn’t. 

It’s hard to say whether it would work or not, when we continue to lump the ball up to Paterson 
Again, there’s no suggestion that our previous midfield selections have worked, as witnessed by our pathetic goal tally

Edited by gurujuan
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I haven't been keeping up like I've said so I don't know who's recently injured or not etc, but here's mine (very similar) if everyone was fit excluding Iorfa and Luongo. Odubajo was playing good at RB if I remember? I would choose a proper ST as well. Midfield could be exposed though with only Hutchinson playing alongside Bannan, so maybe switch Bannan if he's playing poorly for Shaw or Luongo if he's fit again? Also you could have Penney at LM instead.

Marriott&f=3&t=25 

8 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

left back/left wing back is a problem position no matter what formation we play

But it's never going to happen, we seem married to the wing backs and forcing Reach/Harris into being defensive players

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

I haven't been keeping up like I've said so I don't know who's recently injured or not etc, but here's mine (very similar) if everyone was fit excluding Iorfa and Luongo. Odubajo was playing good at RB if I remember? I would choose a proper ST as well. Midfield could be exposed though with only Hutchinson playing alongside Bannan, so maybe switch Bannan if he's playing poorly for Shaw or Luongo if he's fit again? Also you could have Penney at LM instead.

Marriott&f=3&t=25 

frighteningly weak team with too many players with poor work rate. 

He was fit at the beginning of the season and started in our first 3 games.

Since then his appearances have been for a few minutes off the bench for a total of 140 minutes, usually coming on when we are losing.

Hardly a chance to do anything when you are on the pitch for so little time.

Stated played full 90 mins - Cardiff A 12th Sept.

Started played full 90 mins - Watford H 19th Sept.

Started, Subbed after 68 mins - Bristol C. A 27th Sept.

30 mins - Wycombe A 31st Oct.

6 mins - Bournemouth H 3rd Nov.

32 mins - Millwall H 7th Nov

10 mins - Preston A 21st Nov

5 mins - Stoke H 28th Nov.

2 mins - Norwich A 5th Dec.

4 mins - Huddersfield A 8th Dec.

6 mins - Barnsley H 12th Dec.

15 mins - Nottingham F. A 15th Dec.

3 mins - Blackburn A 26th Dec.

19 mins - Middlesbrough H 29th Dec.

8 mins -  Coventry A 27th Jan.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Marriott&f=3&t=25 

I agree, we've got plenty of cover in various positions using the 433.

Like you say,

Penny/Reach at LW,

Green/Harris/Kachunga RW,

Windass could step in for Brown,

Hunt/Pelupessy/Shaw/Luongo for Hutch/Bannan

Marriot/Paterson for Rhodes

I think it's more flexible for the players we've got than sticking stubbornly to 352

• Love 1