Izzy Brown.

What’s the story with this lad? 
He can obviously play or he wouldn’t be on Chelsea’s books. I saw him play for Huddersfield and last year for Luton and he looked a canny midfielder. 
How the hell has he not got anywhere near this poor side of Ours ? I did see him come on for a cameo sub appearance and he looked way off the pace. He was like a dad running in the shallow end at the swimming baths. 
Surely if it’s a fitness issue then that’s outrageous. He’s a professional footballer. 

• Like 3

He was man of the match in our first couple of games this season, but hasn't played 90 minutes since.

I know he picked up a knock which kept him out for most of October, but I can only assume he's struggled to get back to full fitness since then, as his appearances from the bench have been largely dreadful and he looks a shadow of the promising player we saw early on.

It's so frustrating to have a player who's clearly capable of creating chances on our books, only for him to be in such poor shape that we're seemingly unable to use him whilst we miss the exact thing he should be bringing to the team.

• Like 1

Hard to see what the real issue is, but being frozen out by Monk, Pulis and now NT is worrying. Even with our shocking record of freezing out the ‘wrong uns’ most seem to bounce back under a new a manager, concerning that Brown has struggled under all 3.

From what we’ve seen of him, apart from a few flashes of quality early on in the season he’s looked very sluggish in his cameo appearances. Makes me guesstimate that fitness is lacking or the work rate that’s required to play as a CM in our system....It’s no secret all the 3 managers above like to partner Bannan with some defensive workhorse which Brown clearly isn’t, maybe he’s just been unlucky?

Could also be how we set up tactically? Coming from Chelsea you’d think he’d be more suited for some proper football, when all we do is lump it long. Apart from our strange obsession with forcing in defensive minded players like Pelupessy, Shaw and Hutch at every opportunity...There’s also no room for a CAM in how we play a position we’ve been historically poor with playing around in recent years. 

• Like 1

Don't think he's defensively minded enough for the way we play. In our team, you've got to (try to) defend first then take it in turns to chase the hoofed ball forward. 

Also, don't think he's match fit following his early season injury and lack of game time. Looks slow and off the pace whenever I've seen him play of late. 

Another is a long list of wasted signings. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Our loan signing record is absolutely shocking. How many of them can be classed as a success over recent times?

Murphy, eventually was a huge success. 
Hector a success.

Which others?

Jacob Butterfield is my favourite ever Wednesday player.

Nobody has ever given me such hope that I could yet make it as a professional footballer.

• Haha 7

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Looks like a completely different player to the one at Luton last season.

I don't know what happens when players turn up at S6 

My guess is that is a bit of a free for all and a bit of a grown up boys club.

There is no real structure, players will come in and apart from the true professional ones, realize it's all a mess and do the minimum required.

9 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Our loan signing record is absolutely shocking. How many of them can be classed as a success over recent times?

Murphy, eventually was a huge success. 
Hector a success.

Which others?

Carson,

Wickham the first time

But they're going back a bit

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

When you loan players in they’re usually unfit or out of sorts - unless you can afford the best of them. No surprise our record isn’t very good.

I'll probably get hammered for this but I'd really like to have seen us go for something like this at some point this season, I think it's the way we'd have got something out of Brown and we'd have been able to have a proper go at teams

Harris & Reach have no defensive responsibilities at all, Hutch & Brown would be great to allow Bannan to do his thing

image.png.4942f96cc49a1475c98e3be18ba8ce23.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

I'll probably get hammered for this but I'd really like to have seen us go for something like this at some point this season, I think it's the way we'd have got something out of Brown and we'd have been able to have a proper go at teams

Harris & Reach have no defensive responsibilities at all, Hutch & Brown would be great to allow Bannan to do his thing

image.png.4942f96cc49a1475c98e3be18ba8ce23.png

Honestly thought this is something like we would line up like when I saw Izzy had signed for us.

• Like 2